• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse: The Empire? (rumored sequel)

LordKano

Random twitter account : check
Potato quality : check
Showing only the title : check
Random logo using the font of the previous game while just adding a generic subtitle : check

Yep, it's a fake rumor.

UKUMI0

Nope, Twitter account it was taken from is from 2011, but deleted everything prior to this tweet, if that isn't suss, I don't know what is.

EDIT: hell the account has now been deleted. Not suspect at all.

but-why.gif

sibarraz

Banned
Is ryse any good? saw a lot of initial flack for being a lackluster game filled with qte, but steam reviews it favorably

We've had:

Gears of War Redux for PS4
Final Fantasy XIII trilogy for PS4 and XB1
God of War: whatever the subtitle was for PS4

All featuring this kind of "leaked pictures".

At what point will we disregard them?

And OP, it's not plausible. Crytek can't pay their employees, MS won't fund the game because they wanted the IP and Crytek wouldn't let it and other publishers won't fund it since the IP is tainted because of the first game.

Is ryse any good? saw a lot of initial flack for being a lackluster game filled with qte, but steam reviews it favorably

Multiplayer is really cool. Main game's story was ok I thought. Gameplay gets stale but kicking up the difficulty helps. It's a perfectly fine launch game.

AndersK

I, for one, look forward to double the weapon sets and thrice the enemy variety!

So 2 and 6 respectively. In for ham-cheese story tho

LewieP

I don't think Crytek will be working on anything other than whatever investors they can find tell them too. I see F2P, Mobile, VR and other stuff that give venture capitalists a hard on in their future.

Who exactly would fund a sequel? They don't have the money, MS likely wouldn't touch it, and I don't see any other publishers fronting the cast.

Leflus

I don't think this is true, but Ryse 2 would have been a great showcase game for the Scorpio if it was real.

Who exactly would fund a sequel? They don't have the money, MS likely wouldn't touch it, and I don't see any other publishers fronting the cast.
Rumour has it that MS wanted to continue the series, but gave up on it because Crytek didn't want to sell the IP rights to them.

SgtCobra

I swear there has to be someone over there making all these logo's and photographing it all in the same way in the same angle with a Samsung Jet camera.

Harlequin

I enjoyed watching it on YouTube more than I did playing it, I think. It's got gorgeous graphics, good acting/cinematography and an interesting story but the gameplay is mostly just meh. Then again, this is coming from someone who generally doesn't really enjoy combat-heavy games so it's perfectly possible that this is more a reflection of my personal preferences than of the gameplay's actual quality.

Obvious fake is fake, but I would totally buy a Ryse sequel. Solid game, enjoyed the multiplayer, definitely had potential there and room for expanding the gameplay.

Now, we talking medieval combat like the original rumored sequel, or sticking with the Roman theme?

Nheco

It's a QTE fest with beautiful eye candy. I kinda like it, because I love the Roman Empire setting and the violence.

If theres is in fact a sequel, and it comes with a better combat system, a little more variety and a good history, would be a good game. I think.

Top Bottom