• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan [PS3] screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

OatmealMu

Linkzg said:
get your eyes checked.

Well, to be fair...

kanyebeariconbyphunkyvepv6.png

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
But his avatar is so fitting, the post is completely acceptable!

Brofist

Ash Sparrow said:
At this point i'm not impressed, too much looking at Ninja Gaiden 2 and PGR4 screens

You aren't maximizing your efforts. You should have only mentioned NG2 in this topic, and saved PGR4 for the GT5 topics. That way you could have had 2 troll posts for the price of 1.

Pachael

kpop100 said:
Just surprised that as a regular you had no idea of the Ryu ga Gotoku/Yakuza series, which is oft talked about.

I'm quite sure that RGG's talked about a lot, but not so much Yakuza, whatever discussion on GAF about it was replaced by SHOTEK FOCK UP. Yakuza bombed bombed at sales too. Sorry.

KTallguy

Banned
Yea... day one. Ryu is such a bad ass. And now he's a bad ass in the Edo period.

Damn it, I need to brush up on my samurai Japanese, I'll probably barely understand it :lol

So this is about Miyamoto Musashi, A.K.A the guy from Vagabond and also a real character in Japanese history, correct?

Well I get it now.

Zen

Banned
Well Ryu Ga Goto 2 had an absurdly short development period, I guess it shouldn't be too much of a surprise that the 3rd game in the series has a small development period as well. I wonder if they've broken even yet, since Sega said part of the reason they were making the sequel was to recoup the initial investment of the original.

It's unfortunate because looking at that trailer you can really tell they're just taking advantage of the extra power of the PS3 in the most basic way, but the tech seems largely the same as it was on the PS2. It wish they would have tried to push things a little bit more, but most of their budget probably goes to the actors. I liked the idea behind the original, but the bad writing sort of killed it. I was really looking forward to what I thought was going to be a more grounded story taht tried it's best to capture the Yakuza world while adding a video gaming flair, but they really went over the top with it, and the story pacing, character exposition and development, was terrible (though we got a terrible localization that added fuck every second sentence...).

Hopefully, if whatever his name is Japanese Author is returning, then he's learned how to do a good video game narrative off of his experiences with the first two.

All that said, I'm interested in this, and I do really hope that we get a localization or an English sub in the Japanese release. Honestly just give me a good story and have battles happen seamlessly with no battle screen transition and I'll be happy.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
OMG Majima('s great-great-great-great grandfather) in the final few seconds. As if I could be any more sold.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
CrushDance said:
Why are people hyped about this? Looks kind of nice and if it plays good I'll check it out. Is this a series or something I've never heard of?

Ryu Ga Gotoku...it's called Yakuza in the states (terrible fucking name if you ask me)...how did you not know this?!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
BudokaiMR2 said:
I didn't think it was possible to hate you any more than I already do.....

I know, he keeps giving us reasons. :lol

Andy787

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Here's the trailer

http://ryu-ga-gotoku.com/

Graphics looks really good.
SHITCOCK.

Yak 3, MGS4, RE5. 3, 4, 5; my new most anticipated triumvirate.

PLEASE, Sega, for all that is good and just, release this in the US with excellently translated English subtitles, or at least region-free in Japan with excellently translated English subtitles. :(

pswii60

OMFG @ the trolling in this thread.

I think this looks good, whatever it is. What's the English title?

EDIT: Isn't this Yakuza 3?

Rolf NB

Loudninja said:
What in the hell are you talking about?
The pics. The people standing close to each other and stuff. Not the trailer. I watched that later and it seems clear that there'll be lots of sword-fighting stuff in the game. Don't be angry plz :(

Brofist

bcn-ron said:
They should make a dating sim with those graphics.

... it isn't a dating sim, right?

it is a dating sim, only after every date you slice the hell out if the other person

are you serious?

Rolf NB

kpop100 said:
are you serious?
Depends on which part you refer to. Yeah, they probably should make a dating sim with these graphics.
No, this game is probably not so much a dating sim. It's a compliment ffs. The people in this game look secksey.

Hey, look, a three-headed squirrel!
*runs off*

Loudninja

bcn-ron said:
The pics. The people standing close to each other and stuff. Not the trailer. I watched that later and it seems clear that there'll be lots of sword-fighting stuff in the game. Don't be angry plz :(

I just wanted to knoq what you were talking about :lol

neorej

ERMYGERD!
bcn-ron said:
Depends on which part you refer to. Yeah, they probably should make a dating sim with these graphics.
No, this game is probably not so much a dating sim. It's a compliment ffs. The people in this game look secksey.

Hey, look, a three-headed squirrel!
*runs off*

weren't there romantic gameplay segments in the first Yakuza?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom