• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan [PS3] screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This looks totally awesome in my opinion. Of course, I love the Ryu Ga Gotoku series and the Edo period (and Japanese history in general), so I am quite biased, but I think the game looks great and considering how detailed the other games in the series are I expect there will be a lot to do in this one. I am very excited personally.

Elios83

It looks awesome, this is the kind of graphics I expected from a Sony game (and from a really next gen Onimusha) so I'm really surprised. Let's see more at TGS.

jiggle

4 more

ryu1.jpg

ryu2.jpg

ryu3.jpg

ryu4.jpg

Elios83 said:
That's why I said I'm surprised :lol :lol They' re really back in the game with game development after their disappointing post DC days.

It also shows that Japanese developers aren't as behind as some make them out to be.

I am just going to throw this out there but i think this has the best looking talking scenes in gaming(if real time) even beating out mass effect.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
OMG awesome.
But I will refuse to play it as I did with the first if japanese VO. + english/something-with-a-Latin-alphabet subtitles are not released. I can't stand yakuzas or samurais talking in english. It's ridiculous even if it is fucking Michael Madsen.

DantesWrath said:
What's this game about? Is this an action game? A fighting game? An RPG?
I think it's something like Shenmue (a mix of all that).

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
wow -- this is actually one of the prettiest games i've seen. the style of the modelling and lighting reminds me of vf5 a bit. i woulnd not have guessed that sega has still got it.

lupinko

Kabuki Waq said:
do these games usually have english subs when they come out in Japan?

Very rarely, but sometimes they do have English options, more apparent on the PS3 so far, in fact Sega already did this with the NTSCJ versions of VF5 and Power Smash 3 (VT3). They're not the only ones, Namco did it with RR7 and Insomniac did it with Resistance (IIRC), but again those games all had really close release dates between the NTSCJ and NTSCU/C versions.

But Onimusha DoD and DMC3 did have English options though iirc and those NTSCJ versions came out some time before the domestic releases.

lupinko said:
Very rarely, but sometimes they do have English options, more apparent on the PS3 so far, in fact Sega already did this with the NTSCJ versions of VF5 and Power Smash 3 (VT3). They're not the only ones, Namco did it with RR7 and Insomniac did it with Resistance (IIRC), but again those games all had really close release dates between the NTSCJ and NTSCU/C versions.

But Onimusha DoD and DMC3 did have English options though iirc and those NTSCJ versions came out some time before the domestic releases.

*crosses fingers*

Andy787

Banned
drohne said:
wow -- this is actually one of the prettiest games i've seen. the style of the modelling and lighting reminds me of vf5 a bit. i woulnd not have guessed that sega has still got it.
Nagoshi does, at least. In Nagoshi I trust.

Udde

Kabuki Waq said:
do these games usually have english subs when they come out in Japan?

https://sega.jp/opinion/

I've sent an email. It would be great if someone joins the petition:

[title]
Yakuza 3 japanese voices worldwide petition

[opinion]
Dear Sega,

I (PSN tag: *yours* ) would like to play the third Yakuza game with original Japanese voices and localized subtitles. If you have some space left on the Blu-Ray disc, I would be more than happy if you consider this option.

Best regards.

:D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Done, for what it's worth, although I was a little more specific about asking for English subtitles with Japanese voices in either a Japanese or any US/Euro release.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Red Blaster said:
He's jamming two swords into the guy behind him. There were blood sprays in the Famitsu scans though. See here:
view.php

But whos weilding the second sword?

HONK HONK HONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHON

SappYoda

Udde said:

[title]

[opinion]
Dear Sega,

I (PSN tag: *yours* ) would like to play the third Yakuza game with original Japanese voices and localized subtitles. If you have some space left on the Blu-Ray disc, I would be more than happy if you consider this option.

Best regards.

:D[/QUOTE]
Done

Takuan

The game looks ok at best. There's nothing in the screens to nut over, unless you're really wild about the yakuza/ancient Japan theme.

Andy787

Banned
Takuan said:
The game looks ok at best. There's nothing in the screens to nut over, unless you're really wild about the yakuza/ancient Japan theme.
You are a disgusting, shallow person of little taste and moral character.

lupinko

Udde said:

[title]

[opinion]
Dear Sega,

Best regards.

:D[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should refer to the game as Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan since you are asking Sega JP themselves. That or they get confused at the Yakuza game, since that was probably a Sega of America idea. lol

jett

D-Member
That trailer looked like pure awesome. Shit I saw the crazy eyepatch guy from Yaukza at the end. :lol

Takuan

antiloop said:
I wonder what you are comparing to.
Any next-gen (I guess now we should be saying current gen) title. There's nothing that stands out here other than the theme. Even the most detailed models aren't terribly impressive. It doesn't look bad, but it certainly doesn't eclipse anything out there by any measure.

andy said:
You are a disgusting, shallow person of little taste and moral character.
:lol Ok. I'm still interested in the game and all, as I enjoyed the heck out of Yakuza; I'm just calling a spade a spade, here.

Takuan said:

yea nothing about these screens looks all that great unless you like great graphics and kick ass atmosphere.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit! I just watched the movie on the main webpage. Wow... simply wow.

I don't see how anyone can watch that and call the game's graphics simply "okay". The graphics are almost certainly real-time considering pretty much all of the movie sequences in the first two games were rendered in real-time (I think so at least).

This just jumped up to my #1 anticipated PS3 game. Looks like it is going to have an interesting story too.

Takuan

Kabuki Waq said:
yea nothing about these screens looks all that great unless you like great graphics and kick ass atmosphere.
So basically, you're more in love with the theme than anything else. What makes the graphics great? I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary in those gameplay shots. The real-time cutscenes in the trailer feature some excellent character models, but cutscenes aren't representative of gameplay. What I'm seeing from gameplay shots is about on par with technical achievement that Yakuza reached for the PS2; considering the scope, it wasn't awful, but it also wasn't a technical stand-out among the competition.

Takuan said:
So basically, you're more in love with the theme than anything else. What makes the graphics great? I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary in those gameplay shots. The real-time cutscenes in the trailer feature some excellent character models, but cutscenes aren't representative of gameplay. What I'm seeing from gameplay shots is about on par with technical achievement that Yakuza reached for the PS2; considering the scope, it wasn't awful, but it also wasn't a technical stand-out among the competition.

You'd get a better perspective by pulling your head out of your ass.

Takuan said:

Look at the people splooging all over mass effect. Fact is from what we have seen the game looks awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom