• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan [PS3] screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks awesome but I wonder how it'll play since the first two were set in modern cities with loadsa people around. Hmm.. they had cabaret clubs before.. so brothels confirmed? :lol

Danne-Danger said:
Are the "old" ones worth picking up? They had a lot of mixed reviews last time I checked.

I would say yes, but I am a pretty big fan of the WotS games and I dont know how general people might think about it.

and that trailer was AMAZING, im importing, screw being able to understand whats going on.

canocha said:

yeah, thats the guy who played Soujiro in Hana Yori Dango, in the scans a while back they had pictures of the real actors and which characters they would be playing.

and another random fact, the guy who played Stresseman in the Nodame live action is also in the game.

I'll admit that I'm a little bummed about it not being a bustling metropolis anymore. I realized that Yakuza 2 brought closure, but they could've gone possibly made it during the 60s or 70s. Oh well, I'm still buying it.

RiverBed

Banned
could it be that the reason why Yakuza 1 didn't have Jap voices in the US version is due to lack of disc space? with BD, I don't see why they should go through removing something already there.

I certainly prefer Jap voices. just give me English text and you're there.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
canocha said:
Isn't that guy in the trailer this guy:
113741_415386755_cdsepfub.jpg

Oh hey, that's one of the dudes from Hana Yori Dango....

Just saying.

Defuser

RiverBed said:
could it be that the reason why Yakuza 1 didn't have Jap voices in the US version is due to lack of disc space? with BD, I don't see why they should go through removing something already there.

I certainly prefer Jap voices. just give me English text and you're there.
If you respect Japan then stop saying Jap,it's insulting/racist. Use JPN or JP, not Jap

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
it looks like almost all of the characters resemble their VA counterparts. That's a pretty cool idea, actually.

Zyzyxxz

thetrin said:
Oh hey, that's one of the dudes from Hana Yori Dango....

Just saying.

OMG YOU WATCH J-DRAMAS!!!!!! Thou art unmanly!

So is that show any good? I liked the opening song for it but after watching some K-dramas they made me too depressed.

Takuan

MassiveAttack said:
You'd get a better perspective by pulling your head out of your ass.
So in your mind this game does a better job at showcasing the PS3's graphical prowess than other titles? Really?

Seriously, cultural preferences aside, what's so graphically impressive about those shots? I'm certain the game will be all kinds of fun to play - I enjoyed the hell out of Yakuza - but the reactions to the graphics here are pretty astonishing. Oh well, agree to disagree and all that.

Anyway, assuming Sega brings this here, I hope they include a subtitled Yakuza 2 pack-in or something. I'd like to see what direction the story went after the first game.

Re: trailer being pre-rendered - looks real-time to me. You can make out the low-res texture on the girl's kimono on the close-up near the end.

That girl at the end some type of assassin? because she sure has a killer look in her eyes. Also, I have to disagree with Takuan, the game looks top teir to me. Talking about themes this and that, yes, art has a huge effect on graphcis, go figure!

Anyways, I've been wondering what Sega's japanese studios have been doing. They have been very quiet so most assume the worst. I expect them to bring this to the states.

neorej said:
remind me to thank Sony for regio free gaming if this game gets released in Japan only.

But it not going to be any fun, trying to read and understand it in Japanese.

Unless you can understand Japanese.

Tailzo

Nice new highres screens. This game reminds me more about Shenmue than Yakuza 1 & 2 did. (I never got the chance to play them though, as I have a PAL PS3.)

Topfuel

Tailzo said:
Nice new highres screens. This game reminds me more about Shenmue than Yakuza 1 & 2 did. (I never got the chance to play them though, as I have a PAL PS3.)
You can probably find Yakuza for cheap now in PAL land and it works on PS3.

gogogow

Topfuel said:
Yes for 20 euros, but the game keeps locking up 3/5 times during loading screens.
The PS3 doesn't crash though, you can still quit the game by pressing the HOME button.
Had no problem with GoW2, played it from beginning to end, without any lockups.

I'm gonna play Yakuza on the PS2.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzan looks hot btw!!
Can't wait to see more of it during TGS!!

Tailzo

gogogow said:
Yes for 20 euros, but the game keeps locking up 3/5 times during loading screens.
The PS3 doesn't crash though, you can still quit the game by pressing the HOME button.

Topfuel said:

I don't know if it's worth it if the game locks up in more than half of the loading screens :/

Yeah, Kenzan looks great.

Tailzo

^Lifeless, really?
I think the screens show a lot of life and detail. The characters faces looks great, and it has the same kind of details I saw in cities in Shenmue 2. I really like the graphics.

llTll

Banned
gogogow said:

once i see your avatar. i stop giving a damn about any video games

me love so much

Bebpo

Banned
sega32.jpg

If they can get this running at ~30fps, this is the best looking next-gen game from an art point of view IMO. Looks incredible.

Scribble

Zyzyxxz said:
OMG YOU WATCH J-DRAMAS!!!!!! Thou art unmanly!

So is that show any good? I liked the opening song for it but after watching some K-dramas they made me too depressed.

It's "chick flickish", but I enjoyed it for what it is. And it's definitely not depressing.

But yeah, that guy from RGGK is a side character in it. He's also in that "A Long Walk" film.

Linkzg said:
as awesome as this looks

I really want a Way of the Samurai on PS3 right about now.

Does anyone know what happened to Way Of the Samurai Online for 360?? I just remembered they announced this way back in late 2005. If done right, it could be the greatest game of all time.
Besides Halo 3.

I'm going to import this baby. If Sony wants to promote Blu-ray, they better have the English and Japanese voices (with subs) on one disc for the U.S. (please God) release.

Darji

Banned
Yakuza 3 "Planned," Yakuza 2 "Thinking About"

Ryu Ga Gotoku arrived on Western shores as the dubbed Yakuza. PS2 title Ryu Ga Gotoku 2 didn't. Now with the third Ryu Ga Gotoku, a period game, is slated for PS3s next Spring, the question remains: Will North America and PAL territories see a release? Will it get a PS2 or PSP release? Says SEGA fashion plate-slash-game producer Toshihiro Nagoshi:

We're thinking of giving Ryu Ga Gotoku 2 an international release.

What form will that take (PSP or PS2), who knows? But a source close to SEGA said Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 is "planned," but "not confirmed."

http://kotaku.com/gaming/tgs07/?refId=301743

great news and new hope^^

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Very excited, and I dont see this not coming to the US, its not like Sega wants to sell 14 copies in Japan.

acklame

the screenshots on this page look awesome. are the screenshots on first page different? cos they ain't loading for me.

Doctor_No

Bebpo said:

If they can get this running at ~30fps, this is the best looking next-gen game from an art point of view IMO. Looks incredible.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that looks amazing. Gets my imagination running on the potential depth of this game.

watch the gamevideos trailers...the game looks empty in parts but in general looks absolutely fantastic..great scale and fantastic design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom