• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryu has fought over 300 video game characters

Cyd0nia

Banned
Someone needs to do a cropped video of him SHORYUKENing every single character

And then do an alternate version of that video set to the song "You're the best.. around.."

Forkball

Shouldn't there be many more, thanks to Project X Zone?
Or are you only counting fighting games?

Do you actually fight established characters in those games, or do you only fight random enemies? All the gameplay videos I've seen show the characters fighting original enemies and not themselves.

Pachael

Shouldn't there be many more, thanks to Project X Zone?
Or are you only counting fighting games?

There's probably another 50 fighters considering Namco X Capcom, Project X Zone, and the upcoming Project X Zone 2 (and we can, right, since the combat is fighting-lite)

Edit: Maybe keeping it to fighters is simpler, since in those games Ryu faces other series' bosses and what not in addition to (future) allies.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Only 300? :p
mugen000.png

mugen

Sesha

Do you actually fight established characters in those games, or do you only fight random enemies? All the gameplay videos I've seen show the characters fighting original enemies and not themselves.

You can fight established characters in those games.

Forkball

Point taken. If it were me though I'd probably word the title slightly differently.
"Ryu has fought over 200 video game characters, then became discontent and decided to cross multimedia dimensions to battle comic book and anime characters" doesn't fit in the thread title though. Though if you think about it, Ryu has fought characters from video games, comic books, anime, movies (SF the Movie), and actual real life objects (ROB). That's even more bad ass.
SOMEONE has a lot of time on their hands. and i don't mean Ryu..

Although it looks like a lot of work, it took about 30 minutes (waiting for laundry) and I really just copy and pasted this stuff from Fighter's Generation and cleaned it up. FG has a list of characters and all the games they appeared in and characters in each game, so it's easier than it looks. It was a bit tricky sometimes since some character may appear in say, EX2 but not EX3 so you have to double check.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Forkball, you're missing the updates to your master list. *hint hint*

probably not, but why doesn't it make sense? tekken vs street fighter happened. mk vs dc happened. the most popular two fighters makes more sense to me than those.
There's a reason there was no MK vs. DC 2. An MK that can't be gory isn't what MK fans want, and there's no way Capcom is gonna let Netherrealm brutally maim the Street Fighter cast. (And I don't blame them.)

There's no middle ground that would be interesting enough for either company to pursue.

Man who hasn't Ryu beaten up at this point. Is there even a fighter worthy enough to overcome the mighty sitting in a corner + Hadouken combo???

leveled a rock formation. i wouldnt say he wrecked the moon.

Either way, it doesn't actually matter. Ryu/Akuma were capable of fighting asura, and asura when he tries makes even dragonball z characters look like pansies.

So fighting DBZ level characters would already be within the realm of who ryu has already fought.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
There's a reason there was no MK vs. DC 2. An MK that can't be gory isn't what MK fans want, and there's no way Capcom is gonna let Netherrealm brutally maim the Street Fighter cast. (And I don't blame them.)

There's no middle ground that would be interesting enough for either company to pursue.

I see your point.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Your SNK missed Leona, who Ryu fought in the SNK vs Capcom NGP game... which is admittedly easy to miss because she only appeared there during the long tenure of the crossover... which makes me sad because she's an awesome character :(

squall23

You think the boss characters from those games are just random mooks? They're actual characters. Your list is missing an entire Bandai section.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
On a related note, I guess we realize the secret powers the mysterious martial arts Gouken passed on to his students.

Like being able to breath in space and walk on the moon.

xmvsfryu-8.gif

Wouldn't Mega Man have way more? Between the stage bosses and unique stage enemies in all his games, and then you also have smash.

If you want to make the list even bigger add in Namco X Capcom and Project X Zone.

They're not strictly fighting games though.

Add Mugen for the Dragon Ball Z cast and Omega Tom Hanks

Top Bottom