• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryuta Ueda returns to Sega

So does that mean no yakuza game every year around the winter quarter? I like Yakuza but I can live with that if Atlus releases more games, we get less pc port lag and more variety from Sega. Passion project sega is best.

More vakyria chronicles even if you asses don't buy them because of some minor gripe. Turn based sakura taisen even if the last 2 attempts failed let's go!

Reactions: Isa

PhaseJump

Banned
You'll be surprised.

No. I absolutely wouldn't. It's not hard to see your past arguments online in various forums. You never know what you're talking about, and you make up nonsense all the time while trying to tear down one individual or another who was involved at Sega. All completely baseless arguments and warped fanboyism.

You're like a village idiot in the retro scene when it comes to Sega.

No. I absolutely wouldn't. It's not hard to see your past arguments online in various forums. You never know what you're talking about, and you make up nonsense all the time while trying to tear down one individual or another who was involved at Sega. All completely baseless arguments and warped fanboyism.

You're like a village idiot in the retro scene when it comes to Sega.
Nice to see your insulting behaviour and knuckles transcends here :messenger_grinning_smiling:
TO HOLD A GRUDGE THIS GOOD, TAKES AGES

cireza

Banned
so why hate him?
This guy most probably locked SEGA to the games and series we had for the last 15 years, as he was a deciding power in what was done or not. And as far as I am concerned, this was not the SEGA I liked.

A lot of things have been changing recently and it is for the best. His departure happen to match precisely this, what a coincidence.

Last edited:

PhaseJump

Banned
This guy most probably locked SEGA to the games and series we had for the last 15 years, as he was a deciding power in what was done or not. And as far as I am concerned, this was not the SEGA I liked.

A lot of things have been changing recently and it is for the best. His departure happen to match precisely this, what a coincidence.

The Sega everyone liked is gone. Bringing in one of the old guys isn't going to radically change things, and from what I can tell, Nagoshi's general loss of influence never had time to shake that tree for us consumers yet.

I am not sure what you mean by changing for the best here. I think Sega ran an anniversary campaign, leaned into their old IP catalog, licensed things out for others to work on. They rallied around the old brand and put together a few sequels or reboots. They were also completely gutted by the pandemic. Their amusement branch is now gone. They're shrinking and consolidating or restructuring all the time because they were never successful. In the recent past they gambled big on mobile development and it bombed for them. Still the management shuffling continues.

To me it looks like SegaSammy's throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks. Bringing back an old Sega guy just maintains the illusion of credibility based on past accomplishments for them. It seems to be working, since half the people in this thread are eating it up.

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
The Sega everyone liked is gone. Bringing in one of the old guys isn't going to radically change things, and from what I can tell, Nagoshi's general loss of influence never had time to shake that tree for us consumers yet.

I am not sure what you mean by changing for the best here. I think Sega ran an anniversary campaign, leaned into their old IP catalog, licensed things out for others to work on. They rallied around the old brand and put together a few sequels or reboots. They were also completely gutted by the pandemic. Their amusement branch is now gone. They're shrinking and consolidating or restructuring all the time because they were never successful. In the recent past they gambled big on mobile development and it bombed for them. Still the management shuffling continues.

To me it looks like SegaSammy's throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks. Bringing back an old Sega guy just maintains the illusion of credibility based on past accomplishments for them. It seems to be working, since half the people in this thread are eating it up.
You are definitely imagining things. Nobody is saying that the old SEGA is back in this thread.

I never liked Nagoshi nor Yakuza, they never felt like SEGA to me. This man has been in charge, or at least heavily influential, for a very long time, and you just said that SEGA hasn't been doing well for a long time.

I welcome the change, not saying that everything is going back to Saturn/Dreamcast days of creativity. But exchanging our yearly Yakuza games for other things ? Definitely.

Last edited:

Miles708

While I agree that the change is needed and welcome, is undeniable how Yakuza has been the only inflential Sega game released in recent years.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
There were maaaaaaaany new IPs during the 7th generation, almost all bombed lol.

Almost none during the 8th.

Hope, Sega will find a middle ground for the 9th.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
I can't help but see this as well. And as soon as he leaves, a creative mind is already coming back ?

I don't know if the company will make a lot of money with it, but I'd rather play Jet Set Radio than a 20th Yakuza game.

So let's wait and see. What we can be sure of is that Nagoshi had a huge influence over what was made, and not made, at SEGA.
Ok, even Yakuza games will have more variety...

nush

Gold Member
First choice - Hong Kong, preferably 80s/90s (remember Sleeping Dogs)
200.gif

Top Bottom