• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bitbydeath

I don't know when the reveal is happening, and the reveal isn't really directly related to the conspiracy theory. So... it's actually a bad way to track it.

Since you're ignoring the question I'll assume you don't actually think what Abandoned has demonstrably shown thus far is worthy of actual hype...
The reveal would show who was right.
I’m not sure how to answer your question, the walking teaser wasn’t a lot to go on, the hype is in what could be and not necessarily the walking teaser.

H . R . 2

Never forget 😂
Did I ever suggest it was going to be announced on Thursday?
well, you know and I know it will eventually get revealed. it is not a matter of "IF" but time

but all that aside, I really don't understand why team fake joined this discussion in the first place
Team real is here to celebrate their passion for their favourite franchise, but you are here crashing the party to remind everyone that there shouldn't be a party at all as if people do not have a right to joy

I am sorry but the majority of team fake are a pathetic bunch

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

well, you know and I know it will eventually get revealed. it is not a matter of "IF" but time

but all that aside, I really don't understand why team fake joined this discussion in the first place
Team real is here to celebrate their passion for their favourite franchise, but you are here crashing the party to remind everyone that there shouldn't be a party at all as if people do not have a right to joy

Have you read the thread title and the purpose of it? Its a discussion about a project being real or fake. And seeing the polls, that closed long before the next few disappointments, most people seem to think its fake.

It is sad? well, I like the first few SH and PT a lot as well but i'm not going to set myself up for disappointment and while it has been fun looking for clues, at some point you have to realize you're grasping straws. I understand people wanting to ship this IP to Kojima (though he'll probably fuck it up with obtuse plot holes and writing), but it seems its more like wishful thinking than anything else. It doesn't really make much sense either if he's going to work on existing IP, let alone Konami IP.

Doczu

I’m not sure how to answer your question, the walking teaser wasn’t a lot to go on, the hype is in what could be and not necessarily the walking teaser.
The hype is dying. That is the problem. Even if this is a real deal Kojima reveal - i lost my interest. Nothing new (except some possibly cryptic tweets), Hasan confirmed that there is more to the trailer than the five seconds, but due to a bug (that hasn't be resolved yet) he can't get it to work.
I'm team #GotOutOfThisTrainAsILostInterestInIt

bitbydeath

The hype is dying. That is the problem. Even if this is a real deal Kojima reveal - i lost my interest. Nothing new (except some possibly cryptic tweets), Hasan confirmed that there is more to the trailer than the five seconds, but due to a bug (that hasn't be resolved yet) he can't get it to work.
I'm team #GotOutOfThisTrainAsILostInterestInIt
I agree, while I still believe it’s real, it really has gone on for far too long.

That is the big thing that half the time makes me believe this is a whole bag of nothing:

If this was indeed some cryptic, ARG-type marketing campaign wouldnt Kojima/Konami/Sony/whoever be aware that a lot of people are tired of it and even bitter against it, including many that were excited for it when the 'conspiracy' started to gain shape?

Seems very counterproductive and against the whole point of such a thing, so wouldnt whoever is 'in charge' actually reveal at least something about it to alleviate this feeling and save the publicity stunt?

Feels bad, man.

I mean I don’t get Kojima, he is clearly trolling people with some of his tweets. I just cannot believe that he is such a mean person to do that without some reward at the end.

I also agree that it has gone on for far too long and I am slowly wondering if what Hasan is saying has sometimes truth to it but applies to Kojima.

Hasan said for example he planned the reveal trailer until Gamescom but couldn’t finish it on time, so perhaps that actually applies to Kojima. We know for example that Kojima also said the pandemic has slowed everything down with 80% working from home.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

That is the big thing that half the time makes me believe this is a whole bag of nothing:

If this was indeed some cryptic, ARG-type marketing campaign wouldnt Kojima/Konami/Sony/whoever be aware that a lot of people are tired of it and even bitter against it, including many that were excited for it when the 'conspiracy' started to gain shape?

Seems very counterproductive and against the whole point of such a thing, so wouldnt whoever is 'in charge' actually reveal at least something about it to alleviate this feeling and save the publicity stunt?

Feels bad, man.
Its probably marketing for something. It doesn't have to be Kojima although thats what most people are thinking/thought it is. You don't just release an app that does nothing for weeks on PSN especially if it was locked behind PS Plus in some countries. People point out a lot of smaller crappy games end up on the store but those are still games even if they are bad,the app was just a menu and a check back soon screen.

Looking at Kojimas Twitter they are still hyping up death stranding dc like hell. With the release in 2 weeks, perhaps they didn’t want to overshadow it with his new game and wait with the announcement after the DC is released.

So TGS seems possible, I only don’t know where he would talk about the game, we don’t know anything about Sony plans (probably going to skip) so perhaps Konami wanted to reveal it at their presentation, although it would be very strange to habe Kojima at a Konami event again.

Last edited:
When GTAV cops a delay and still looks like the PS4 version then we know we got problems.
Don’t remind me of that thing. I was curious how it looked now, and it just looks identical. Not only that they didn’t show any new features. They shows this instant character switching, but if I remember correctly that is nothing new and was in the old version already, although perhaps a little bit slower.

Anyway the whole showcase should have been under 15 minutes, cut directly from KOTOR to the first party titles and I think you have not missed something significant.

Last edited:
Looking at Kojimas Twitter they are still hyping up death stranding dc like hell. With the release in 2 weeks, perhaps they didn’t want to overshadow it with his new game and wait with the announcement after the DC is released.

So TGS seems possible, I only don’t know where he would talk about the game, we don’t know anything about Sony plans (probably going to skip) so perhaps Konami wanted to reveal it at their presentation, although it would be very strange to habe Kojima at a Konami event again.
Does Konami have a presentation at TGS?

TGS doesn't usually have a lot of megaton announcements, but maybe I'm mistaken? It feels like it's a smaller show these days.

The best bet of seeing anything like this would be TGA or a second PS Showcase, which Sony used to do a big PS event in December, but haven't in a long time.

The likelihood of another Showcase in December is possible, but I'm not so sure. A little more on Horizon or Gran Turismo, maybe a date for God of War. I dunno.

If you ever wondered how religious cults start, just read the fanaticism in this thread.

Time to come back to reality

Lunarorbit

Fuck this experience or game or whatever it is. You had everyones attention for weeks and completely squandered the opportunity. State of play, nothing. Hasan buddy,i hope you got something to show everyone eventually

baphomet

Fuck this experience or game or whatever it is. You had everyones attention for weeks and completely squandered the opportunity. State of play, nothing. Hasan buddy,i hope you got something to show everyone eventually

He had everyone's attention with no game to show. There's a reason the only thing he's shown has been purchased assets for 4 seconds. He would never be featured at a State of Play anyway.

jaysius

Banned
This thread is a support group of the worse kind at this point. Get well soon everyone.

There will be other chances for a new Silent Hill game in the future.

Enjoy the games that are announced and actually coming out in the future.

EruditeHobo

I don't know what you mean. You've suggested that people get hyped about a game based on an official/concrete reveal that hasn't happened yet, and who knows when it's going to happen. That's not how hype works.

I mean I don’t get Kojima, he is clearly trolling people with some of his tweets. I just cannot believe that he is such a mean person to do that without some reward at the end.

This is a problem with you being convinced by connections and suggestions that, by all accounts, might not even be there. He's not doing anything.
Your reading of the situation, if anything, is the problem here.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

Feels bad, man.
I've been asking from the start.. where is the "ARG"?

Alternate reality games have like.. puzzles to solve, that lead to the next puzzle.. a story is being told that is mysterious but eventually people realize is related to something, etc.

Corndog

Banned

Because there is a poll for real or fake, not just real.

EruditeHobo

Not get hyped, are hyped. Why else would you be here?

I've already answered this, do keep up -- I'm tracking this conspiracy theory and this is a good catch-all place to do that.

There's no reason to be "hyped" about a game which has definitively shown/announced essentially nothing; this exchange demonstrates that pretty clearly.
After some kind of legitimate announcement... then would be the time to get excited for a promising future release.

Last edited:
This is a problem with you being convinced by connections and suggestions that, by all accounts, might not even be there. He's not doing anything.
Your reading of the situation, if anything, is the problem here.
Oh come on, Kojima is not stupid, he knew exactly what people would think when he posted the book with the abandoned amusement park and the bunny who looks exactly like Robbie the Rabbid. Additionally he knows exactly what people will think if the Tweets strange books and add the words Silent and Hill in the Text and of you read those Tweets it would not have been any problem to write them differently. I mean he knows what people are speculating, he just need to watch one reply to his tweets but he decided to keep up with it.

Still not convinced? You cannot really say that it is not suspicious to tweet a picture of him getting his hair done at the day of the showcase. Every single comment automatically suspected he will show up in the showcase.

So it’s clear proof that he likes to troll people, is it just fun for him, perhaps, but perhaps there is also purpose to it.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
Bait and switch worked wonders for FF7 remake. It was an event that could not be ignored.
nlbUlbH.gif

If there ever were an ARG, we are still in the middle of it, but I'd like to keep my hopes to myself. Eagerly anticipating The Game Awards.

The keyword here being abandoned

Last edited:
The thing is also that the project Akira Yamaoka teased hasn’t been announced yet.

Did Al Hub say anything what they meant with their tweet that there will be something at the showcase they can’t talk about? Perhaps they know what Abandoned is and we’re convinced that it would be revealed at the showcase, which didn’t happen.

Corndog

Banned
if my memory serves me correctly there was no poll at first.
the addition of the poll was a mistake because it forced people into taking sides and that's how the hostility began
There is one now so your point is irrelevant. If you want an echo chamber goto reset.

Top Bottom