• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sable: 13 Minutes of Exclusive Gameplay

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Played a lil bit but this aint it. The performance is terrible, I dont mind the stop motion or less frames animation, its cool. But there are severe drops in framerate. Game feels slow too and whats up with the woke agenda. Deleted.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
yeah it stopped pissing me off after an hour or so. Managed to reach the 3rd settlement, game has tons of issues but plenty of charm I might get back to it later

where did you see it?

Right at the start, you have to talk to a legless dude with pronouns.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

As far as the Xbox One goes, I cannot recommend Sable. It’s outright unplayable as things stand right now. But here’s the thing, if/when these issues are addressed in future updates - and they can all be patched out, from the performance issues, to adding control remapping options, to toning down the aggressive graphical filters, to making the camera behave better, to patching out the hard locks and crashes, to fixing draw distances, all of that - if that happens, this is going to be a good game.

I don’t think it will ever quite be great, because even apart from the technical problems I have, I have mentioned enough issues with its quests and gameplay loop that are too fundamental to what it is. But I do think this can be a legitimately good game that is great to just lose yourself in for hours, wandering around, taking in the sights, exploring it for the sake of the joy of discovery and the melancholic story that the world has to tell.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
This game is really unappealing to me. It looks dull; extremely boring, I don't like the art or the game world and with many people saying it has performance issues, I feel like even on Game Pass the price of this game is way too high. I hope others enjoy it, but it is SO not for me.

Barakov

xOOQCZz.gif

BabyYoda

Banned
I did notice that and didn't like it, but I've met a second Machinist and that's one's genderless as well, not sure it's being woke, might be for a story reason.

I like the game overall, but I can see it getting boring, it's a chilled out game to play an hour here and there I think. I wish it had some combat though.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Looks like it performs poorly:

Why devs keep pushing Unity, where Unreal should be used. Unity is more for 2D games and max prototyping.

But lemme guess C# vs C++, but I don't even know why that would be problem for games with million+ budget.

Kenpachii

jK2jKGZ.png
3lyPWwr.png
Q0WtXvT.png
Hdh029E.png
ZWd5Trp.png
gK5o1FX.png

MLKcP1y.png

Game itself after a few hours of playing:

Good points:

- Its a chill game and relaxing, the art is fine and the visuals are also solid.
- its a rime with zelda mixture but with quests. Really feels like a open world game ( no
- Gliding in the form of a bubble works well
- During the day game looks really nice
- exploration is fun so far.
- minimal UI
- map / quests and npc's are simple and easy to understand.
- Had fun with it so far.
- Audio can be good
- Visually in the day can look really good
- not much aliasing going on as the trailer showcases at all, its a clean presentation.
- momvent is smooth and responsive.
- dungeons and exploration is big in this game it seems like ( now in my first dungeon but didn't had time to go through it just yet)

Bad points:

- Night time is to long and is void of any color, one screenshot with the moon u can see. Expect the world to look like that ALOT sadly.
- While the game runs at 100 fps 3440x1440 on 3080/9900k, it eats cpu performance 60% usage on all 16 threads, and for some reason there is weird stutter going on at times no clue why, its not really related towards framerate i feel like animations just shit the brick at some point.
- Audio can also be bad.
- Shadows can bug out a bit in buildings

So far the presentation is great and for the price it asks for its doable. I had no expectations but those weird looking games can always be hidden gems and so far i am not disappointing. Bu then again i only played it for a few hours.

Last edited:

Cattlyst

Started playing having not seen anything about it prior. Nice art style but it's pretty simplistic - mainly 'go here, find this thing, take it to that person.' I do think it looks nice, always cool to see some variety in visual style but it runs really poorly on Series X, lots of hitches and odd glitches and pop up. I'll probably play some more though as the story is quite chill.

DeaconOfTheDank

Gold Member
I'm enjoying the vibes of the game. The bugs are annoying though (PC). Thankfully, I don't really have performance issues except for some occasional stuttering. I'll probably shelve the game for now and revisit it in a couple months.

Last edited:

Dane

Why devs keep pushing Unity, where Unreal should be used. Unity is more for 2D games and max prototyping.

But lemme guess C# vs C++, but I don't even know why that would be problem for games with million+ budget.
Unity used to be the get go performance for small projects, you can notice that especially from last gen games. But the last 2 years or so has been about poor performance reports.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Unity used to be the get go performance for small projects, you can notice that especially from last gen games. But the last 2 years or so has been about poor performance reports.
Yeah, were they bought or something? It was pretty good few years back, but now only the ability of creating more advanced effect increased without making a proper pipeline. Not the mention some streaming some data, data streams are horrendous, which is pretty much my speciality.

reksveks

Yeah, were they bought or something? It was pretty good few years back, but now only the ability of creating more advanced effect increased without making a proper pipeline. Not the mention some streaming some data, data streams are horrendous, which is pretty much my speciality.
they are buying stuff, they ipo'd a in 2020 and now have a market cap of 40.6bn usd

Dane

Not as far as I know, but I remember coming across complaints on the community, sounds like ever since they wanted to raise profits and IPO it went to shit, but truly I don't know what happens as I don't code, but either the engine was never something optimized for simple stuff, which means its up to the developers to proper code, or the engine has really gone to shit on that.

Top Bottom