• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacha Baron Cohen infiltrated some right wing group and got crowds to happily sing along to dumb hateful songs - amazing

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
You and groups like Project Veritas can try but it will never happen. Maybe only through another one of their doctored videos that is debunked in like five minutes.
You wouldn't like to see Sascha dress up as some super soy ANTIFA larper and get them to all chant stupid stuff? I think it would be pretty funny no?

Sascha makes fun of everyone he isn't left/right. He gets all sides so I think he could probably come up with a pretty funny ANTIFA type character. If he had balls he would do some sort of really good black face make up to really stir things up. His gimmick is pushing limits or at least it used to be.

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019
You wouldn't like to see Sascha dress up as some super soy ANTIFA larper and get them to all chant stupid stuff? I think it would be pretty funny no?

Sascha makes fun of everyone he isn't left/right. He gets all sides so I think he could probably come up with a pretty funny ANTIFA type character. If he had balls he would do some sort of really good black face make up to really stir things up. His gimmick is pushing limits or at least it used to be.
Well, first, I wouldn't embarrasses myself by using the term "soy". I'm not a 13 year old virgin on 4chan.

Second, he is clearly liberal making really funny satire out of the right. He always has been. The rest of his shtick is just comedy. The same kind of things Chapelle and Carlin has done.

Finally, why would anyone try to do blackface to "stir things up"? To what point? Even suggesting that would be a valid satirical avenue is gross. You're completely missing the point of his very revealing satirical theatrics. He points out bad people. But, well, I guess why someone so caught up in the far right wouldn't understand that isn't a surprise.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Well, first, I wouldn't embarrasses myself by using the term "soy". I'm not a 13 year old virgin on 4chan.

Second, he is clearly liberal making really funny satire out of the right. He always has been. The rest of his shtick is just comedy. The same kind of things Chapelle and Carlin has done.

Finally, why would anyone try to do blackface to "stir things up"? To what point? Even suggesting that would be a valid satirical avenue is gross. You're completely missing the point of his very revealing satirical theatrics. He points out bad people. But, well, I guess why someone so caught up in the far right wouldn't understand that isn't a surprise.
I guess you really don't watch Cohen?

His whole thing is to be outrageous and push the line. The guy who did Ali G, Borat, and Bruno. This guy

The ultimate taboo right now would be to go RDJ from Tropic Thunder and do something dumb and funny at a BLM rally.

I guess I should be happy to be a far right Jew thanks. I will let Adolph know I am one of those Aryan Jews.

• LOL
Reactions: MightySquirrel

MetalAlien

Mar 6, 2005

Oh yes the far right are so much worse than the far left... The far right are trying to put people in camps and abolish anti discrimination laws, and make it hard to people to vote for anyone other than who they want, and destroy any history they don't agree with, and lump people together by the color of their skin and assign guilt to them all... and and and and and and.....

and that's the fucking LEFT...

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: Tesseract

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019
I guess you really don't watch Cohen?

His whole thing is to be outrageous and push the line. The guy who did Ali G, Borat, and Bruno. This guy

The ultimate taboo right now would be to go RDJ from Tropic Thunder and do something dumb and funny at a BLM rally.

I guess I should be happy to be a far right Jew thanks. I will let Adolph know I am one of those Aryan Jews.
Of course I watch him. I mean that much is clear.

The video you cited is actually more of an example of his making fun of conservative thinking. Not all conservative rhetoric is linked to white Americans, if you didn't know. Black people in the US can be bigots too. It has nothing to do with race. Just like he made fun of certain societies in the Middle East. These issues are far more related to regional cultures which is why he toys around with America so much.

Oh yes the far right are so much worse than the far left... The far right are trying to put people in camps and abolish anti discrimination laws, and make it hard to people to vote for anyone other than who they want, and destroy any history they don't agree with, and lump people together by the color of their skin and assign guilt to them all... and and and and and and.....

and that's the fucking LEFT...

A lot to unravel here.
  • The far right have historically imprisoned and even committed mass murder within such camps. The Nazis. The Japanese being interned in America. Trump.
  • Voter suppression is laughably only the tool of the right. This is such a weird argument for you to even make. This is on record a republican driven problem within our democracy in this country
  • Taking down statues of some treasonous faction of our country that only existed for five years isn't "erasing history and culture (sic)". You can still read about them in any history book or on wikipedia
  • Lumping people together by skin color isn't a thing the right does, but rather the left? Have you even digested what is in the political section of this site or Reddit, Twitter, et al? Have you not been paying attention to political feedback in social media? This comes off as a claim as someone who literally never reads the news aside from Fox and maybe grandma's dank maymay
I could go on, but this is all silly. Some of you guys really need to read the real news sometimes, and step outside of your echo chambers

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
May 9, 2016
h*ck
A lot to unravel here.
  • The far right have historically imprisoned and even committed mass murder within such camps. The Nazis. The Japanese being interned in America. Trump
Every time I start to think you might be something other than a ree screecher you post something like this. Do better.

Last edited:

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
Old Cohen best Cohen. This is much better

Basically the same bit as the OP.

"Chinese people what ya gonna do? Nuke them like we did in WW2! Nuke them like we did in WW twooooooooo"

"Journalists, what we gonna do? Chop them up like the Saudi's doooooooooooooo"

It's fucking funny dude.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019
Every time I start to think you might be something other than a ree screecher you post something like this. Do better.
The Obama admin was also overwhelmed by a mass influx of asylum seekers, and they didn't handle it well. But they didn't make it a huge political deal and call all south americans rapists or drug dealers. There is a huge difference. I mean, worlds of difference. Especially when you consider Trump was the guy that tried to ban immigration only from certain Muslim countries, but not his allies. Oh and wanted to build a worthless wall many conservatives seem to have conveniently forgotten about because it was a dumb, unattainable idea.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
May 9, 2016
h*ck
Cohen got unwittingly owned by whoever took that cell phone video. In one sense, he got unlucky. But in another sense, it shows he’s just another out of touch, set in his ways boomer who can only play the same note.

I hope he has some other songs to play in the other footage for whatever he’s putting together here, because his whole album just got leaked on Napster before it was even announced to the public.

MetalAlien

Mar 6, 2005
A lot to unravel here.
  • The far right have historically imprisoned and even committed mass murder within such camps. The Nazis. The Japanese being interned in America. Trump.
  • Voter suppression is laughably only the tool of the right. This is such a weird argument for you to even make. This is on record a republican driven problem within our democracy in this country
  • Taking down statues of some treasonous faction of our country that only existed for five years isn't "erasing history and culture (sic)". You can still read about them in any history book or on wikipedia
  • Lumping people together by skin color isn't a thing the right does, but rather the left? Have you even digested what is in the political section of this site or Reddit, Twitter, et al? Have you not been paying attention to political feedback in social media? This comes off as a claim as someone who literally never reads the news aside from Fox and maybe grandma's dank maymay
I could go on, but this is all silly. Some of you guys really need to read the real news sometimes, and step outside of your echo chambers

Point 1 you mean like the mass murder that happened and is still happening in the riots this past month?
Point2 you mean like the active voter suppression tactics going on right now in a vain attempt to keep Trump/ Republicans from being re-elected?
Point 3 You mean like George Washington and Abraham Lincoln? and so on and so on?
Point 4 All whites are racist, all whites are racist, all whites are racist, being white is white supremacy, breathing while white denies POC air...

Point fucking 5... what spiked kool-aid are you drinking?

Last edited:
Reactions: Honjo

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
May 9, 2016
h*ck
The Obama admin was also overwhelmed by a mass influx of asylum seekers, and they didn't handle it well. But they didn't make it a huge political deal and call all south americans rapists or drug dealers. There is a huge difference. I mean, worlds of difference. Especially when you consider Trump was the guy that tried to ban immigration only from certain Muslim countries, but not his allies. Oh and wanted to build a worthless wall many conservatives seem to have conveniently forgotten about because it was a dumb, unattainable idea.
My friend, I have nothing but love for you, but you are only repeating the 2016 democrat campaign points used against Trump. There are aspects to each of those points that have come to light since then that you might want to look into

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019
I just wanted to make a quick mention: the people so vociferously against this humorous revealing of racism and hate by Cohen, are doing so in the defense of the 3%''s. A group that is literally against our own government and for white nationalists.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019
My friend, I have nothing but love for you, but you are only repeating the 2016 democrat campaign points used against Trump. There are aspects to each of those points that have come to light since then that you might want to look into
I think you're great too, honestly, but none of those were issues anymore than talking points during a campaign until Trump was elected. He then put them into practice.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Jun 14, 2019
The same Sacha Baron Cohen who's calling for censorship of social media because of racism of whatever?

Fuck this guy. He's a goddamn hypocrite.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
I just wanted to make a quick mention: the people so vociferously against this humorous revealing of racism and hate by Cohen, are doing so in the defense of the 3%''s. A group that is literally against our own government and for white nationalists.
cursory glance of the wiki page doesn't indicate that so much as the opposite

i don't know much about them tho, willing to learn

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
The far right have historically imprisoned and even committed mass murder within such camps. The Nazis. The Japanese being interned in America. Trump.
Trump? Seriously? Far right?

And I'm not sure 'historically' means what you think it means.

FDR was a Democrat. He and his New Deal were the face of progressivism. Far right? Not even close.

Hitler rose to power decrying capitalism and promising a country built for the worker. His speeches sounded similar to Bernie Sanders rallies but with a dash of nationalism and ethnocentrism.

And.... even if we granted you that these were all far right, which they weren't, you are literally ignoring the gulags, Killing Fields, and Horror Famines of the far left that killed far more than Germany ever did.

And as for Internment Camps, well, sure, FDR flubbed that one, but it is difficult to fathom the situation with a modern mind. We have 70 years of cultural mingling between us and the Japanese now, but at the time of WWII most cultures still viewed each other as quite alien. The relatively few Japanese who were in America generally lived in the PNW and FDR feared sabotage and our Navy was vulnerable. He was probably wrong. But comparing this to Hitler, or even calling it 'far right' is absurd.

The far left is the most dangerous ideology on the face of the planet, in part because they seem to be completely historically illiterate and woefully blind to their own failings.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I see you still don't understand satire. He's Jewish, if you couldn't tell.
What are you talking about? I think that is hilarious and its still funny today as it was 20 years ago.

And yes i know he is jewish duh.

Cohen was funnier and pushed the envelope way more back in his older days.

Even his latest special was a bit meh. Some funny bits but not as gold as Ali G or Borat or Bruno.

Did you think i didnt think that was funny when i posted that ?

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Basically the same bit as the OP.

"Chinese people what ya gonna do? Nuke them like we did in WW2! Nuke them like we did in WW twooooooooo"

"Journalists, what we gonna do? Chop them up like the Saudi's doooooooooooooo"

It's fucking funny dude.
Borat is way funnier. Get out of here. Borat shits on modern day Cohen.

Even Bruno is better than the last few characters he played and I was never a huge Bruno fan.

Ironic Ali G was basically black face with out the face paint. But the Ali G movie is the best of his movie. Ali G and Chappelle show the two classics.

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
Borat is way funnier. Get out of here. Borat shits on modern day Cohen.

Even Bruno is better than the last few characters he played and I was never a huge Bruno fan.

Ironic Ali G was basically black face with out the face paint. But the Ali G movie is the best of his movie. Ali G and Chappelle show the two classics.
What you find funny is totally subjective. All I'm saying is the guy is still hilarious, and is definitely trying to push the envelope still.

I mean come on, this is absolutely hilarious. The reality star reading a teleprompter for child soldiers, the politician taking his pants off shouting USA USA. I was dying lol.

I'd be totally down for him doing a whole series in CHAZ.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
What you find funny is totally subjective. All I'm saying is the guy is still hilarious, and is definitely trying to push the envelope still.

I mean come on, this is absolutely hilarious. The reality star reading a teleprompter for child soldiers, the politician taking his pants off shouting USA USA. I was dying lol.

I'd be totally down for him doing a whole series in CHAZ.
Video not available in my country.

I saw some of his last special. I likes some of it. For sure some good laughs.

Him in CHAZ could probably be funny.

Would have liked to see him play Freddy Mercury though.

Bluntman

May 8, 2017
Can someone explain please whats happening here? Is Cohen known for doing this kind of stuff?

Btw I cant get this stupid song out of my head :D

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019
Can someone explain please whats happening here? Is Cohen known for doing this kind of stuff?

Btw I cant get this stupid song out of my head :D
Yes he routinely assumes character and then tricks people into showing the worst of themselves. Or just how much absurdity they're willing to take.

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
Of course I watch him. I mean that much is clear.

The video you cited is actually more of an example of his making fun of conservative thinking. Not all conservative rhetoric is linked to white Americans, if you didn't know. Black people in the US can be bigots too. It has nothing to do with race. Just like he made fun of certain societies in the Middle East. These issues are far more related to regional cultures which is why he toys around with America so much.

A lot to unravel here.
Dude, Japanese internment camps were under FDR, get your fucking facts straight.

Your so fucking off base line with so many of your statements that your head is full on in the kool-aid punch bowls.

Reactions: Rorschach's Journal

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019
Dude, Japanese internment camps were under FDR, get your fucking facts straight.

Your so fucking off base line with so many of your statements that your head is full on in the kool-aid punch bowls.
Conservative and liberal thinking has obviously changed over the years. Furthermore, the political parties do not define conservative/liberal in the modern era. Lincoln was Republican. Does the current Republican party model any of his core ideals? The south used to be dominated by conservative Democrats. That changed after The Civil Rights Act. I could go on citing other examples from other nations over the past 200 years but you get the point.

Last edited:

RSB

Banned
Feb 15, 2009
LMAO. They fell for the classic "fellow white people" trick.

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
Conservative and liberal thinking has obviously changed over the years. Furthermore, the political parties do not define conservative/liberal in the modern era. Lincoln was Republican. Does the current Republican party model any of his core ideals? The south used to be dominated by conservative Democrats. That changed after The Civil Rights Act. I could go on citing other examples from other nations over the past 200 years but you get the point.
Offsides, deflection from the current conversation topic at hand. 15 yard penalty repeat 1st down.

I brought up a specific policy under FDR and you went into Antifa nonsense territory. After you edited the shit out of your original post.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Some funny parts but I got bored of YouTube "Watch _____ own these libs / conservatives" a few years ago.
Seemed less like humor and more like fodder for people who want an outlet for their bigotry.

• Fire
Reactions: Tesseract

Batiman

Danger: male feminist
Feb 11, 2020
The Muslim character he played in who is America was the funniest shit ever. Where he had all those red necks freaking out about building a mosque.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Seriously, you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about 😂

You should really do some research on FDR

Last edited:

TaySan

Dec 16, 2018
It blows my mind how anyone can fall for something like this, but here we are. Man is a hilarious genius.

Piku_Ringo

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2015
Offsides, deflection from the current conversation topic at hand. 15 yard penalty repeat 1st down.

I brought up a specific policy under FDR and you went into Antifa nonsense territory. After you edited the shit out of your original post.
It's almost as if these morons are disingenuous as fuck.:cautious:

YCoCg

Apr 25, 2020
Ironic Ali G was basically black face with out the face paint.
What bullshit is this? Ali G was a parody of the young English white boys in the late 90's who thought they was "gangsta" because they listened to rap/knew who Dr Dre was and championed Eminem mixed in with a bit of Tim Westwood (look him up), that's why phrases like "is it because I's black?" was hilarious because it was absurd but it reflected how serious some people thought they was "in" that scene.

Reactions: All Hail C-Webb

dkny1121

Mar 23, 2018
You are the worst poster on these boards, bar none.
1. He did not call all south Americans rapists or Drug dealers, stop watching CNN and watch the actual clip of what he said.
2. He put a 90 day ban on the most threatening countries toward the USA Those countries are predominantly Muslim. Fact.
3. He is still building the Wall and it is about 1/3 complete https://www.trumpwall.construction/

Normally I do not ask for people's free speech to be stifled but you have been known along with a couple of other idiots (African King, Tesseract and Taysan to name a few) to produce nothing but untrue statements and lies which does not lead to any civil discourse.

Post the truth or do not post, this is not Ree with the terrible echo chamber of horror. Debate is great, disingenuous lies and bullshit like you certain posters post is gross. Be a better person.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
What bullshit is this? Ali G was a parody of the young English white boys in the late 90's who thought they was "gangsta" because they listened to rap/knew who Dr Dre was and championed Eminem mixed in with a bit of Tim Westwood (look him up), that's why phrases like "is it because I's black?" was hilarious because it was absurd but it reflected how serious some people thought they was "in" that scene.
It was a parody of white people trying to act like they are black. Wiggers are basically whites acting black, but only the negative stereotypes of blacks.

I loved Ali G, thought it was hilarious. But with modern day lenses it would have to be construed as pretty offensive, when it was basically a character that was saying look black people are dumb and stupid and say dumb and stupid shit. In the 90's things were normal and people could do comedy. In todays day and age it would never fly.

So I totally get Ali G, but the only difference between him and Jimmy Kimmel or Fallon is they painted their face, Ali G didn't.

anyways Ali G and his ice cream gloves. Great stuff, would never fly today.