• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sackboy: A Big Adventure reportedly found on SteamDB

Draugoth

Gold Member
It seems that Sackboy: A Big Adventure is on SteamDB under the name of Steel PC. The giveaway this being Sackboy Big Adventure is one of the branches being called sumoqa, the company who made the game is called Sumo Digital.

https://steamdb.info/app/1599660/depots/

060722.webp

The executable file is also called Marmalade.exe which is the project name for Sackboy Big Adventure

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Skifi28

I find it hilarious how thristy PC gamers are for PS exclusives.

Weren't these same gamers saying that they had plenty of games to play on PC beside PS exclusives?
Once they realised games are actually coming, even the biggest naysayers changed their stance. There'll be a lot less "walking simulator" around these parts as time goes on.

The games are great, the more people appreciate them the better even if it took a while.

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

I find it hilarious how thristy PC gamers are for PS exclusives.

Weren't these same gamers saying that they had plenty of games to play on PC beside PS exclusives?
With no dog in the fight (as an owner of both console and gaming PC) Why wouldn't they be "thirsty" for more games? Especially since they'll be able to get them without going full-in on the Playstation Ecosystem? And its a shit-ton of PC games, but the more the merrier.

CheeseCake

They can have Sackboy. But I'm just glad they won't... ever be getting the mighty Knack I & II. :messenger_grinning:
The thing is... most people don't care if these games come to PC. PS5 would still be sold out if all of its exclusives came to PC immediately. You would need a damn good PC to play these games and not everyone wants to go over the trouble of setting up a PC etc etc...

In fact... I feel like Sony would have benefited from this and could have possibly have avoided scrambling for parts ( different fans etc) for the PS5 had it announced most games would come to PC.
It would still be sold out, but at least it wouldn't be a mess.

Anyway, most ppl on PC don't tend to play these types of games anyway (I would argue that games like LOL, Valorant, CS GO, MMOS and some other genres is pretty much all the reason everyone cares for a gaming pc, especially if you're the competitive type).

yurinka

Why is this supposed to be Sackboy, just because it has a folder named sumoqa?

Sumo Digital has several gamedev studios and make a lot of games for different publishers, and Sumo Group also have other even more dev studios like Pipeworks Studios, Atomhawk, Secret Mode and Auroch Digital.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Can't say this is a game I wanted, but it's always nice to have more good games available on PC.

CheeseCake

Go fight your war in another thread.
I'm not sure what "War" you're referring to.
I've been told multiple times how much Bloodborne should be on PC. Literally people crying for it lol...shit is pretty hilarious lol

I've also been told that even if PS games didn't come to PC, PC gamers have plenty of other games to entertain themselves with. You know, like the typical PC elitist rubbing it in the face of another person their hitler-like sense of superiority which pisses me off ( I have a, albeit not strong, gaming PC, so don't call me a PS fanboy.)

Last edited:
lol this was one of the obscure games I thought Sony wouldn’t port.

Ps5 is probably going to be my last sony console, and in a way i’m relieved as my collection of physical games is growing ridiculous.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
As Jim Ryan said.. they are "heading in a direction" with PC releases.

That direction is... more releases.. which means.. more recent releases.

Of course this could be in dev a long time, but I kinda doubt it.

Last edited:

Holammer

Why is this supposed to be Sackboy, just because it has a folder named sumoqa?

Sumo Digital has several gamedev studios and make a lot of games for different publishers, and Sumo Group also have other even more dev studios like Pipeworks Studios, Atomhawk, Secret Mode and Auroch Digital.
It's a little bit more than that, read Barlow's post (#19) then look at the the image on OPs post.
The marmalade bit. That's it.

RCU005

I will never understand why people get upset that games come to PC. It's NOT the same market as PlayStation. Also, how does it affect you? :

Do you have a PC that can run those games and a PS4/PS5? Great you have more options to buy the games!
Do you only have a PC? Great you get to play those PS games you couldn't before!
Do you only own a PS4/PS5? You still get to play every PS game!

People act like it's a sin or a crime to publish a game on PC?
"But, why do I need a PS4/PS5 if all games are coming on PC?" Sell your PS4/PS5 then! Keep your PC only! Or just enjoy more options

Also, the hypocrisy, people are super happy that Xbox games come to PC either with Game Pass or stand alone, but get mad that PlayStation games do, too.

Top Bottom