• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saint Seiya: Soldiers' Soul announced for PS3, PS4, PC

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...This means that Project X Zone 2 is real as well. Hooray!

MutFox

Banned
So glad Japanese developers are supporting Steam.
I'll keep my eye out for this game, no high hopes though...

Makareu

It feels so weird to realize that Steam gets more support from Japanese developers than a Nintendo home console.

SoldnerKei

Oh Boy, PS4 and PC?!

Glad to hear this, I enjoyed the last two games for the PS3, mostly because I am such a SS fanboy lol

Will get it on PC! I can't say no to Saint Seiya

I just watched the first Episode of Saint Seiya Soul of Gold and it already erased the bath taste that Saint Seiya Omega left in my mouth.

rhandino

Banned
Saint Seiya is one of my favorite series of all time but man, the last 2 games are so incredible bad X_x

I would totally live if this were a Musou made by Koei-Tecmo T_T

SoldnerKei

Saint Seiya is one of my favorite series of all time but man, the last 2 games are so incredible bad X_x

it's funny how they listened to the fans, because most people complained that Senki didn't had a vs mode, and BS is just vs mode with lazy story mode lol

I wonder if this one will be what everyone wanted, Musou mode for story and fighting vs for multiplayer, but seems like Fighting game so far judging those screens and hopefully they are from the PS3 game, I expect this to look as good as that Naruto game on the PS4 for current generation

Takao

Banned
it's funny how they listened to the fans, because most people complained that Senki didn't had a vs mode, and BS is just vs mode with lazy story mode lol

I wonder if this one will be what everyone wanted, Musou mode for story and fighting vs for multiplayer, but seems like Fighting game so far judging those screens and hopefully they are from the PS3 game, I expect this to look as good as that Naruto game on the PS4 for current generation

You're expecting too much. This is most likely from Dimps, who's been really busy this year. If Dragon Ball Xenoverse is a clear last-gen port, this one will be too.

I love Saint Seiya but the games are always sub par. I'd like to see Saint Seiya characters in a Capcom vs. game. I think it would be a perfect match.

SoldnerKei

You're expecting too much. This is most likely from Dimps, who's been really busy this year. If Dragon Ball Xenoverse is a clear last-gen port, this one will be too.

I have no idea how Xenoverse looks on PS3/4, will look into that for reference, thanks for pointing it out!

visuals aside, I hope they improve the mechanics for this one, BS was pretty straight forward, thou I enjoyed it more than most of the Naruto fighting games

SoldnerKei

Cool. I'll probably play it ;)

image.php

I am pretty sure you will P:

after watching some gameplay from Xenoverse, I am ok if this turns out like that

It feels so weird to realize that Steam gets more support from Japanese developers than a Nintendo home console.

It also gets more Japanese support than Xbox One.
The truth is, Steam is standing in the west as an alternative to Sony consoles for Japanese games.

those games are a missed opportunity and I gave up on the idea of a really good Saint Seiya game.

I wish it were an action RPG with an early Saint Seiya storyline (with Cygnus and the others, Athena, the black/gold saints etc...), with good graphics (like Ni No Kuni did with Studio Ghibli). There would be this song too and I would cry like a baby.

Instead I will once again skip this game

MutFox

Banned
It's a viable supplement, but not a 1 to 1 replacement.

It'll be better, cause once the generation is over,
those games will still be selling and have communities on Steam.

Also, it'll eventually have more Japanese games than any other console given time.
It may not seem so now, but give it time.

It's a viable supplement, but not a 1 to 1 replacement.

I said alternative, not replacement :p
The audiance is more than present. DB Xenoverse sold more than 250k on Steam.

It'll be better, cause once the generation is over,
those games will still be selling and have communities on Steam.

Also, it'll eventually have more Japanese games than any other console given time.
It may not seem so now, but give it time.

Also that !

Fj0823

Hope they finally add Lost Canvas and Omega characters. Tired of the same roster of heroes over and over.

Id like to use a girl worth a damn like Yuna or specially Yuzuriha

SparkTR

The link's dead it seems like.

e: sorry forgot about Famitsus issues there

The game looks nice.

It also gets more Japanese support than Xbox One.
The truth is, Steam is standing in the west as an alternative to Sony consoles for Japanese games.

I think before long Steam will become a vastly more important platform for Japanese developers than the Xbox will, whatever is left of the non-mobile Japanese industry anyway. Digital profit margins are insanely good.

Top Bottom