• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row (2022) Tops UK sales charts. Ends Horizons two-week streak.

anthony2690

Banned
Not really, XSX isn't that far from PS5, some games may sell more on it than PS5, especially Saints Row which was historically associated with the 360 in marketing and mindshare.
The game is on Xbox one and PS4 too though?
& Xbox one is way behind PS4.
But yeah that is a good point, I forgot the first game was Xbox exclusive.

The game is on Xbox one and PS4 too though?
& Xbox one is way behind PS4.
But yeah that is a good point, I forgot the first game was Xbox exclusive.

I also said that the game was seen as a 360 franchise in mindshare for the other games too, including on Xbox One.

but your logic here doesn't make sense to me, the Xbox one was discontinued in 2020, and the PS4 mostly so, so I'm not getting this talk of Xbox One and PS4 having any relevance to Saints Row sales which would mostly be selling on the fast selling PS5 and XBS at this point.

Also this is the UK charts specifically, and the Xbox One wasn't way behind the PS4 in the UK, same with the US, they ended up preventing a major gap in those two regions (and Mexico and Canada) later in the gen. It's really everywhere else the Xbox One suffered compared to the 360 which resulted in the double sales advantage of the PS4 worldwide. Many people confuse the WW ratio for ratios i local countries across the board and that's where the mistake is made.

In the US you could almost say that the Xbox One had it's PS3 moment. 43

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Lol, I literally said in your quote I'd have expected the game to have sold 20 million just based on the popularity of those 3 games and the GTA brand, but the bad wom must have slowed sales down quickly.

Yeah I was agreeing with you and wanted to say a bit more, but gave up and just hit 'post reply' lol

Top Bottom