• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row Criminal Ventures trailer

Bullet Club

Let’s get criminal!

There are so many ways you can build your empire and take over Santo Ileso in Saints Row, and Criminal Ventures is just one way you can do it.
You get to choose how your Saints empire takes shape and which ventures you build. Where they get built in the city is also up to you, changing the landscape and offering unique gameplay, characters and rewards.

Make bank with your very own Shady Oaks Medical Clinic; go cause yourself some damage, play in traffic and watch the cash roll in from all those totally real injuries you get. Take over the already booming food truck drug business and corner the market yourself by building a Chalupacabra and serving Mexican food with your own special kick. Or Bright Futures Disposal facility, all you have to do is find somewhere to illegally dump some potentially pretty dangerous stuff and you’re getting paid – just don’t think too hard about the environmental impact. Or how about pulling your team together for a heist with Let’s Pretend? Or a Totally Legitimate Laundry service? Or an arms dealership?

Criminal Ventures lets you build your own definitely-not-a-front-businesses across Santo Ileso as you rise to power, change the city and rake in the cash you need to make a name for the Saints in Santo Ileso.

NeoGiffer

5e69bf37e50ee5013fa94d1aaaafa2b1.gif

Watchdogs 2.5 on the PS3 Pro.

Release date is absent as well. 🐔

It just doesn't really feel like Saints Row to me. It's missing what made the first two games good.

Saints Row 3 was pretty solid as well, but SR and SR2 on Xbox 360 I have very fond memories of.

Jesus this looks terrible.

This shit looks like an early last-gen game at best. At worst I also see the character designs and vomit in my mouth.

I wonder let me make my character a whore with thigh-high leather boots, a thong and massive tits like in the other games?

rQXWoiC.jpg

Yeah, honestly, they just fucked up on the character designs - but this is a close-enough-to classic Saints Row 1 & 2 with a visual upgrade.

It's just the damn tone is all over when it comes to the world and character designs.

It's a mishmash of Fortnite, Watch Dogs, with a graphic sheen similar to Mass Effect: Andromeda; and that's why I just hate looking at it.

But other than that, it does feel like gameplay wise, it's similar to the originals, although I'm undoubtedly sure they've toned down a lot of the wilder things.

I ain't buying it, but I'm sure it'll be fun for others though.

Last edited:

Bluecondor

Let’s get criminal!

There are so many ways you can build your empire and take over Santo Ileso in Saints Row, and Criminal Ventures is just one way you can do it.
You get to choose how your Saints empire takes shape and which ventures you build. Where they get built in the city is also up to you, changing the landscape and offering unique gameplay, characters and rewards.

Make bank with your very own Shady Oaks Medical Clinic; go cause yourself some damage, play in traffic and watch the cash roll in from all those totally real injuries you get. Take over the already booming food truck drug business and corner the market yourself by building a Chalupacabra and serving Mexican food with your own special kick. Or Bright Futures Disposal facility, all you have to do is find somewhere to illegally dump some potentially pretty dangerous stuff and you’re getting paid – just don’t think too hard about the environmental impact. Or how about pulling your team together for a heist with Let’s Pretend? Or a Totally Legitimate Laundry service? Or an arms dealership?

Criminal Ventures lets you build your own definitely-not-a-front-businesses across Santo Ileso as you rise to power, change the city and rake in the cash you need to make a name for the Saints in Santo Ileso.

While I understand everyone's frustration with the characters, storyline and overall cringy vibe we have seen so far, this trailer has given me some optimism. I really enjoyed the business/empire building in EA's original Godfather game that was set in New York City, which was directly tied to the 5 families in the Godfather lore. You would take over a rival family's businesses, which would strengthen your family economically and weaken the other family. If the Criminal Ventures have a similar approach in terms of using business/empire building to strengthen the Saints position, while weakening their rivals, I have a feeling that I will really enjoy this aspect of the game.

While I have played all of the Saints Row games, I have never been all that into the storyline and characters, as it has always been so over-the-top. I spent a lot of time though in Saints Row I and II taking over rival gang territories and building up the Saints. I like the thought of the insurance fraud mini-game/side activity from the previous games becoming part of the business/empire building.

At the very least, I am more optimistic than I have ever been about the new Saints Row game after seeing this short trailer.

Let’s get criminal!

I'm perplexed by Volition's application of their new "toned-down edgy sexual humor and innuendo" .... I mean, how can you deem "Rim Jobs" and "Freckle Bitch's" as being too lewd, but then greenlight a food truck with the name "I dream of Weenie" with a magic lamp resting on the erect tip of a cartoon hot dog?

Salz01

They need to stop showcasing this game with the main characters they have. It looks decent minus the main characters. I hope this has a decent character creator, if not it’s gonna be a hard pass.

It's a shame, SR was a fun series, i played 2 a lot, and i don't like gta formula...But SR always had something different, i can't tell what it is...But this is bad, really bad.

Sad Oh No GIF by Apple TV

Drew1440

Jesus this looks terrible.

This shit looks like an early last-gen game at best. At worst I also see the character designs and vomit in my mouth.

I wonder let me make my character a whore with thigh-high leather boots, a thong and massive tits like in the other games?

rQXWoiC.jpg
PC mods will save the day

Top Bottom