• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV Re-Elected & Gat Out of Hell |OT| Here's Johnny's Second Term

Mesoian

The 'base game required' policy is on Steam, unless you're referring to GameStop's lack of emailing the actual game's key to you.

This one. The refusal to email the base game key, but their willingness to email you additional dlc keys. Makes 0 sense.

jediyoshi

This one. The refusal to email the base game key, but their willingness to email you additional dlc keys. Makes 0 sense.

Ironically I only find it odd that the site doesn't list the DLC keys for you. Do you purchase PC keys from sites often? It's not exactly standard practice as the main delivery method. I'd imagine it's a simple case of on their back end, promotional material is usually tied to something that isn't also itself digital.

My only problem with the game is that it's pretty easy, even on hard difficulty. I just min maxed with greed, farmed out a ton of gold and collected a ton of shit so fast that the fast powerups make everything a joke.

What the fuck? I'm getting a 100% crash on one of those scam Torment Fraud minigames. Trying a fourth time.

Edit: yep, crash. Game is done. my 100% playthrough is finished as in unfinished. yeah

Dinjoralo

I'm finding the flying really fun compared to the gliding from IV. It helps that the city is actually designed around you being able to fly around.

Lijik

i know this is probably a low budget release and all, and maybe im missing something, but would it have killed them to put some fucking music into the game. Collecting orbs is so lifeless compared to IV because of it.

ZeroX03

Banned
i know this is probably a low budget release and all, and maybe im missing something, but would it have killed them to put some fucking music into the game. Collecting orbs is so lifeless compared to IV because of it.

I loved the constant radio in SRIV. Made the collectible stuff so much more enjoyable. GTAV could do with adding headphones or something too.

ironcreed

Banned
I just put in a few hours with Re-Elected and it plays great. A definite touch up on the visuals as well, despite not being much of a looker to begin with. Other than that, the game is incredibly addictive and I am just sorry that I never gave it the proper chance it deserved back on the 360. But better late than never, especially with a better version.

Korosenai

So, I loved Saints Row 1 and 2, and thought 3 was ok. I never played 4.... So my question is, should I buy 4 or just get Gat out of Hell? Or both?

BNGames

4K Screenshots (Here: http://imgur.com/a/cywdP)

ujmyYdhl.jpg

OFeDl3Zl.jpg

I just put in a few hours with Re-Elected and it plays great. A definite touch up on the visuals as well, despite not being much of a looker to begin with. Other than that, the game is incredibly addictive and I am just sorry that I never gave it the proper chance it deserved back on the 360. But better late than never, especially with a better version.

I'm in the same boat, think I'll grab the download with the discount in a few days. I know it's not 60fps regular but 30 to 60 is still better than I heard it was on PS3 especially.

So, I loved Saints Row 1 and 2, and thought 3 was ok. I never played 4.... So my question is, should I buy 4 or just get Gat out of Hell? Or both?

Well, Saints Row 4 was the best game of 2013 and anyone who disagrees is wrong, so you should probably get both.

You probably should've bought it for $5 over the weekend - or tried it for free. IV is very different and more of a wacky Family Guy cutaway gag starring Saints Row characters than a game. SR III was a good mix of silly and serious, but IV was too goofy for my liking.

Korosenai

You probably should've bought it for $5 over the weekend - or tried it for free. IV is very different and more of a wacky Family Guy cutaway gag starring Saints Row characters than a game. SR III was a good mix of silly and serious, but IV was too goofy for my liking.

How could I have gotten it for $5? I'm on xbox one, and that sounds like a hell of a deal.

dreamfall

Well, how is it? Won't have time to dive in until next week, but I want to hear a bit on it! Does their rendition of hell feel inspired? How are the weapons?!

Well, how is it? Won't have time to dive in until next week, but I want to hear a bit on it! Does their rendition of hell feel inspired? How are the weapons?!

It's very meh. Shit mission design and story, hell is strangely reminiscent of a re-skinned Steelport, guns are ok I guess (the sloth weapon is quite fun).

sunnz

Killing the franchise.

2 was fucking awesome, 3 was decent, 4 was very slightly better and this...

Give it to someone else please.

Something's missing from this game. It's fun, but I think I really miss the soundtracks and the hell version of Steelport seems rather "blah". The humor doesn't seem as good this time around. Oh, and it's a cakewalk as well.

It's got nothing on SR3 or 4.

Lijik

Its pretty much a bigger version of the usual Saints Row DLC. Really standard stock missions that string along decent enough cutscenes. The flying is really fun but if you didnt like the cluster collecting in IV it probably wont do anything for you. Their take on hell is a bit bland. Theres some interesting concepts but it does feel a lot like steelport, and the lack of proper npcs or anything makes it feel so lifeless. The weapons are kinda rad, Ive dug most of the sin-based ones Ive used so far.

Sloth is lots of fun to use. Maxed out with an aura that boosts speed is just plain silly.

Really getting sick of the Archdukes though. I just want Lesser Demons and tanks to spawn indefinitely so I can continue blowing shit up. But once an arch shows up the fun is over.

SR4 was the same way with those..whatever those guys were. The Giant guys you had to do the QTE on after so much damage.

HigXx

I got my copy today and it needs a framerate lock badly, loads of tearing everywhere on ps4. Activated vsync but dont know if its helping

ZeroX03

Banned
Is it wrong of me to just choose a default character? I am just tired of customization.

I do almost the same thing. I use default male on the box cover, change the voice to Nolan North and change clothes later in the game. But changing the body or face has never been my thing.

Killing the franchise.

2 was fucking awesome, 3 was decent, 4 was very slightly better and this...

Give it to someone else please.

I still wanna play this but yeah, I REALLY wish Volition would work on something else already. They're better than this :(

Bebpo

Banned
Its pretty much a bigger version of the usual Saints Row DLC. Really standard stock missions that string along decent enough cutscenes. The flying is really fun but if you didnt like the cluster collecting in IV it probably wont do anything for you. Their take on hell is a bit bland. Theres some interesting concepts but it does feel a lot like steelport, and the lack of proper npcs or anything makes it feel so lifeless. The weapons are kinda rad, Ive dug most of the sin-based ones Ive used so far.

Not surprising. Their main games are good, but their dlcs are bland as hell outside of the writing/cutscenes. Guessing the bulk of the main team's been on SRV since the end of IV and a smaller DLC team did the DLCs and then this one.

Need some help with Gat Out of Hell on PS4. I live in Hong Kong and only have a HK PSN account. I bought the game and found out that it's an EU copy, meaning the DLC code voucher won't work. So I went and created an EU account, downloaded Gat Out of Hell from EU Store with the code, switched back to my HK account to play, but the content is locked, only my EU account can play it

As far as I know, I should be able to play it with my HK account if I set the EU account as the primary account for my PS4. But my concern is that I might buy games from the US Store in the future, and those games wouldn't work if I have my EU account as my primary. Can I have multiple accounts from different region as the primary on my PS4?

Shame they didn't release SR3 also on PS4/Xbone in the package, would have paid $60 if was also included

SR4 didn't seem too great what I played of it on pc, is it just PC port or are there enhancements?

Not surprising. Their main games are good, but their dlcs are bland as hell outside of the writing/cutscenes. Guessing the bulk of the main team's been on SRV since the end of IV and a smaller DLC team did the DLCs and then this one.
Gat out of Hell was co-developed by High Voltage Software. Hopefully that freed most of Volition to work on the next big thing, whatever that is.

Laws00

Didnt even know I beat the game till till it was over. Took less then 3 hours. I expect it to be a bit longer.

I enjoyed it wished it was longer though

I was worried my gat/kenzie wouldnt be able to hang and took time to just build up flight and sprint.

ctfg23

Also the cutscene before the last boss glitched on me.
It played the opening cutscene but had the subtitles of the real scene.
It then showed under the level all the lava and after a few seconds actually went to the boss.
No clue what caused it.
This happened to me as well. I was playing the PC version.

dubq

Anyone else getting audio clipping/popping during cutscenes on ps4? edit: also happening during the gameplay portion of the intro mission.

ArchAngel

Anyone else getting audio clipping/popping during cutscenes on ps4? edit: also happening during the gameplay portion of the intro mission.

Yeah, just wanted to ask about it. Damn, I hope they patch it, it's like old cable connection to your Hifi set.

And boy is it ugly on PS4. Aliasing and close pop-in. Played it on PC at release, but I never had it that bad in memories :/

ZeroX03

Banned
Beat GOOH. Final battle was alright.
It'd be nice to see all the multiple endings, I chose to find a new homeworld for the Saints
. I remember someone mentioning a glitch with an insurance fraud mini-game, and found that doing it in co-op stopped my PS4 from crashing after. Played a solid hour of co-op with no issues.

As far as I know, I should be able to play it with my HK account if I set the EU account as the primary account for my PS4. But my concern is that I might buy games from the US Store in the future, and those games wouldn't work if I have my EU account as my primary. Can I have multiple accounts from different region as the primary on my PS4?

Yes you can have multiple accounts set as primary. It's actually referring to your PS4 as the primary system for the account, not the account being the primary one for the system.

Yes you can have multiple accounts set as primary. It's actually referring to your PS4 as the primary system for the account, not the account being the primary one for the system.
Ah great, thank you for the confirmation. I actually went ahead and tried it last night before I saw your reply. Got the game to work. The graphics is horrendous, but the game is pretty fun so far.

Both games required updates today. Re-Elected - 6.5gb and GooH - 4.5gb. However, it seemed to just redownload parts of the games, because the patches didn't take up any extra space, or so it seemed.

Weird stuff.

ironcreed

Banned
Re-Elected hard locked my PS4 tonight and I had to unplug in order to reboot the system. Thankfully all is well. First time a game has done that to me on PS4.

So a friend just spent the last 10 minutes bitching to me that the X1 disc version requires a 10gb patch...

The hell?

I only bought Gat out of Hell (digital), so don't know if that's true or not, but that's insane.

How's Gat out of Hell on Xbox One? The PS4 version seems well documented but not Xbox One.

Frame-rate isn't great at times. Driving a car at high speeds can make the game stutter and it struggles quite a bit when the screen is busy with explosions/lots of enemies.

Pop in is atrocious. Had vehicles, rocks, structures all pop in literally in front of me.

It's somewhat buggy too. Had Gat fall through the pavement into lava just outside a gun shop.

I kind of regret buying it to be honest, wasn't expecting it to have this many issues.

I played the original on PC a while ago. It was a really solid experience and I had a lot of fun with it (at locked 60fps).

Was really looking forward to trying the PS4 version (just to say; look! this game works as good on PS4 as it did on my 5 year old PC!) but I am dissapointed.

Tearing and drops everywhere. It destroys my experience, since I played at locked 60. Graphics seem to be about the same, so that's great.
Was honestly expecting more from the PS4 than what it is giving us. I'll play through the expandalone I guess, but will be selling it shortly after.

Pandacon

Re-Elected hard locked my PS4 tonight and I had to unplug in order to reboot the system. Thankfully all is well. First time a game has done that to me on PS4.

Yeah, Re-Elected crashed on me about 4 times now, with only 8 hours of gameplay so far. No hard lock though.

RedStep

So a friend just spent the last 10 minutes bitching to me that the X1 disc version requires a 10gb patch...

The hell?

I only bought Gat out of Hell (digital), so don't know if that's true or not, but that's insane.

I get the feeling that neither console actually has the content on-disc, they just use different methods to authenticate DLC (XBO can use a "shell" license and dl the content, PS4 requires a code) because I had to basically download the whole thing when I put the XBO disc in as well.

Frame-rate isn't great at times. Driving a car at high speeds can make the game stutter and it struggles quite a bit when the screen is busy with explosions/lots of enemies.

Pop in is atrocious. Had vehicles, rocks, structures all pop in literally in front of me.

It's somewhat buggy too. Had Gat fall through the pavement into lava just outside a gun shop.

I kind of regret buying it to be honest, wasn't expecting it to have this many issues.

Blech.

I guess I'll skip this one.

I get the feeling that neither console actually has the content on-disc, they just use different methods to authenticate DLC (XBO can use a "shell" license and dl the content, PS4 requires a code) because I had to basically download the whole thing when I put the XBO disc in as well.

Why even bother with a disc release then? Just seems so completely redundant if you're going to force people to download it anyway.

Blech.

I guess I'll skip this one.

Definitely one to wait and see if they can fix the problems.

I'm surprised this games performance is so rocky. SR3/4 were solid on the 360 I thought.

SR4 wasn't really that solid on 360, but it was definitely more solid than Gat out of Hell.

It was either rushed or the engine is showing its age. Something is up, wasn't really expecting it to be so problematic.

Chris R

Only played like an hour last night but I can say the game was well worth the $5 I got it for. Going to 100% it for sure.

Top Bottom