• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV: Re-elected Recalled in Australia

NogibTC

Banned
Customers are being urged to return the game for a full refund.

735.gif

People should return because it's a god awful port and this kind of shit doesn't deserve to be supported.

Then again, it might fetch a pretty nice price in a few months when uncensored copies are hard to get a hold of...

oggob

Crap... will now have to try and hunt for one of the uncut ones... I was considering buying it, but didn't because funds mainly...

Bastables

What exactly needs to be censored to maintain the purity of Australian youth? I'm struggling to think of anything in saints row 4.

oggob

What exactly needs to be censored to maintain the purity of Australian youth? I'm struggling to think of anything in saints row 4.

Alien Anal Probe gun or whatever it is... comes under the sexual violence portion of the act and that was the bit they originally removed.

chippie

Yup, even looking at the trophy lists you can see the mistake

Uncensored: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3300-Saints-Row-IV-Re-elected (Go to leaderboards and see the mix of countries playing the uncensored versions)

Censored Version: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3301-Saints-Row-IV-Re-elected (See leaderboards, only AUS players aside from one importer)

This is why I urge anyone with a uncensored copy to keep theirs, if you get the uncensored version, you'll lose your save files and trophy progress (as you'll be starting again on the censored version and all your data is for the uncensored version).

It would be interesting to see if a AUS player could post the CUSA code on their disc to see what region these versions of the game are actually for

I have the Australian uncensored version. It contains the anal probe gun and the Shaundi light bulb smoking scene. The CUSA on the disc is CUSA-01106.

Storm360

I have the Australian uncensored version. It contains the anal probe gun and the Shaundi light bulb smoking scene. The CUSA on the disc is CUSA-01106.

Yeah, a quick google search shows this is the ID for the european copy, I guess they printed the EU version to discs by a mistake

Bastables

Space drugs give you superpowers (incentivising drug use).

It's completely stupid.

I am actually speechless.

I mean this is a game series where the main character leads a criminal gang so successfully that they become a pop culture phenomena. A popularity gained through a life of crime that leads all the way to the office of the president of the USA, and the depiction of successful aberrant criminal behaviour that freaks out the censors is: drugs are bad mkay.

Wow.

Just read the dildo gun reply from oggob, double take speechless is the thing that comes to mind.

wow chaps.

Top Bottom