• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row Preview Event is Imminent Mid July

I got an email just now and an invitation for a Saints Row preview event. This event is happening in Las Vegas (yes physical) and they are flying people out into and out of Vegas to a private party and a 4 hour playable build of Saints Row. I myself got the invitation as well. Everything is paid for including flights and hotel. I will most likely be attending :) super stoked for this trip!

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Yes. Let's invite journalists for a fun trip which might leave a favorable impression of the game. You don't need a trip to Vegas to play a demo for 4 hours after all.
Hey not all PR are created equal, they can't all be Rockstar and offer hookers to the press at the Midnight Club II junket.

Yes. Let's invite journalists for a fun trip which might leave a favorable impression of the game. You don't need a trip to Vegas to play a demo for 4 hours after all.
Ehhh..... I mean that's nature of business dude. How do you think people get too see exclusive stuff in the first place ? What about company that invite high profile car reviewers/journalists to new car reveals ? Do they get bribed too? What a silly statement dude lol.

A bribe is when someone gives you money directly to you under the table and tells you to say or do certain things. First of all it's unethical in most businesses and can also get you in trouble with the laws and ruin your reputation.

As also someone who works in the real estate business, you'll see a lot of high profile luxury Elite realtors in Miami try to pull a lot of shady like this. This is where you are most likely too see some sort of bribery that can get you in serious trouble if you get caught.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Not a huge fan of the new game, but I am really doing it for networking and meeting people. It's always a good idea to take opportunities that are rare to come by for yourself and your business.

I get it. I'm just past that point in my life. I don't need networking. I don't need to meet any new people. My circle is closed.

It's a smart thing to go.

Not a huge fan of the new game, but I am really doing it for networking and meeting people. It's always a good idea to take opportunities that are rare to come by for yourself and your business.
Good point. I'm mainly interested in how sanitized and overtly woke the game ends up being, to the point of being preachy or judgemental. That said, I don't think diversity = woke. That's not at all true, and you can look at the previous games in the series for proof. Saints Row 1-4 had a lot of diversity in those games, and they were great.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Jealous!
Cant wait to see more of this game.
But its releasing soon anyway I can be patient.

Enjoy OP. I think a lot of people have made up their minds on this game already, that's it's "woke trash". And it could very well be. There's no hype for it whatsoever around here. But unless the story is unbearable, which I hope it isn't, I sure could use an urban open world game right now.

What site/publication do you work for? Will you be able to tell us about the experience eventually?

Enjoy OP. I think a lot of people have made up their minds on this game already, that's it's "woke trash". And it could very well be. There's no hype for it whatsoever around here. But unless the story is unbearable, which I hope it isn't, I sure could use an urban open world game right now.

What site/publication do you work for? Will you be able to tell us about the experience eventually?
I own the publication .

www.gaminginstincts.com
https://www.youtube.com/gaminginstinctstv

I will most likely make a thread and shoot videos and do like a live thread blog update. I think that would be fun. I'll take photos and stuff. But yes, expect a full on hands on video preview with recorded footage from the event and a dev interview once the embargo lifts.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Then just avoid to read stuff from journalists like many of us already do??!

Have fun elder🕺

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
They’ll be many pleased GTA fans with this one who haven’t got GTA6 trailers yet.

Then just avoid to read stuff from journalists like many of us already do??!
My criticism of the business stands, regardless of whether it affects me. Many others still rely on journalists for news on games, so they have massive influence. It's only fair I get to criticize that, no?

GymWolf

My criticism of the business stands, regardless of whether it affects me. Many others still rely on journalists for news on games, so they have massive influence. It's only fair I get to criticize that, no?
I don't wanna sound harsh, but if in the era of forums and youtube you (not you personally) need someone who tells you if a game is good or not, then you kinda deserve any type of bribed journalist opinion...

It is what is is and i understand your point but talking about it in a forum is not gonna change anything, the best you can do is to persuade other people to us their brains to judge a game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom