• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saint's Row: The Third Remastered Landing on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S

Excellent news has just dropped, Saints!

On May 25, Saints Row: The Third Remastered will bring the mayhem to Xbox Series X | S and PlayStation 5.

This version will also be free to all current owners of the game, and will allow players to experience the game running at greater performance settings; equivalent to the PC edition at High settings

Improvements made to the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 version include a framerate boost to 60 FPS and dynamic 4K resolution, whilst Xbox Series S players can choose between Performance (60 FPS) and beauty (30 FPS) modes.

Of course this version will also take advantage of the SSDs in the new consoles to serve much faster loading times. Plus, by popular request, we have added Saints Purple to the glow colour on the DualSense controller.

To add to the Saints news, we can confirm that Saints Row: The Third Remastered will be available on Good Old Games on May 22, launching alongside the Steam version.

TL : DR
- Free Upgrade
- Settings equivalent to the High settings on PC.
- Xbox Series X and PS5 target performance: Dynamic 4K/60
- Xbox Series S: Performance mode at 60fps and "beauty" mode at 30fps at an unspecified resolution.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
PC May 22nd

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I heard the remaster is even worse on console, is it true? like buggy and such.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Remaster is excellent and as far as I know, always has been.
nice, if thats the case i guess i get it, im really hungry for an open world game, p[ayed RDR2 and GTA V twice, its enough for me.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The discount on pc is shitty af. I have complete package of original on steam and I get like 40% off remaster... Which is still a bit too expensive for how much it ruins the characters

SJRB

Gold Member
Seems like they went with the absolute bare minimum of effort to get this on next-gen consoles.

PC high settings for a ten year old game, lol.

Fep.gif

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Seems like they went with the absolute bare minimum of effort to get this on next-gen consoles.

PC high settings for a ten year old game, lol.

Fep.gif

Eh, it's the remastered version which looks MUCH better than the 10 year old version. High settings at 4k and 60fps on a $400 console is great.

RoboCain

It would be nice to see a comparison between the original Xbox 360 release and the Remaster, both running on Series X. This game is great, but I can do better things with 40 dollars that buy something that was almost given away during the last 5 years.

Last edited:

Darko

I got excited becuase I thought that was the second game.. oh well.. this is fun too.. the newer saints row games are low key the best superhero games

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

Have you seen the current prices of graphics cards my friend? Argument holds up very well.
i bought my 3070 for retail price before everything went up..so not for me....maybe now, but whatever, a 2070 super is enough to play all these games at max. no need to lose and arm and a leg for new gpus.

MMaRsu

Banned
i bought my 3070 for retail price before everything went up..so not for me....maybe now, but whatever, a 2070 super is enough to play all these games at max. no need to lose and arm and a leg for new gpus.

A 2070 Super is gonna cost you about as much as a PS5 right now. Sooo yea

SecularIX

Banned
If you told a 9-year-old boy with attention deficit disorder to create a video game, the end result is Saints Row.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
What is the consensus on the remaster? I LOVED original 3rd game but when I first saw the remaster it looked like ass (characters) and I could not recreate my saint.
ps5 vs pc ? hdr on pc ?

cormack12

Gold Member
How does this stack up against gta v style gameplay. For someone who has exhausted the campaign twice and just running heists online.

Does it scratch the same itch?

Unk Adams

Banned
What is the consensus on the remaster? I LOVED original 3rd game but when I first saw the remaster it looked like ass (characters) and I could not recreate my saint.
ps5 vs pc ? hdr on pc ?
To me the remaster looks much better than the original, but some of that is going to be a matter of taste. The world is much brighter and characters look different. The main problem is that it's also glitchier in my experience. I immediately ran into glitches on the character creation where it wouldn't save the customization options and no matter how many times I rebooted the game I ran into this.

TLZ

Banned
The HDR & lighting makes it an almost literal night and day difference. Absolutely play the remaster instead of the original.
HDR wasn't good when I first tried it. Have they fixed it? I had to mismatch the black level settings to make it not look so dark.

Karmic Raze

I just want a true next-gen sequel to 3, but more like a follow-up to the first 2. The first 2 were truly awesome games even if they didn’t quite match GTA’s production values.

amigastar

I have it installed currently but i can't bring myself over to play it. If it would be a GTA game i would play it instantly but this one, no.

Top Bottom