• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sajedene and SUNSfan robbed while streaming Dota 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just half and hour ago, Twitch streamers Nikki Elise (Sajedene) and Shannon Scotten (SUNSfan) from DotaCinema were robbed by a armed person while the twitch stream was still running.

The twitch channel was reported and the police was called. They are fine now, but shaken.

More info:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/27ospl/did_sajeden_just_get_robbed/?sort=hot

video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSVyPq1b-qk

edit:
okw1fz4.png

https://twitter.com/Cyborgmatt/status/475981656323809280

edit2: also follow http://www.reddit.com/user/alvarosv
edit3:
Ace here a member of the Top Plays team. As you all know, SUNSfan and Sajedene is under a really serious situation. Sajedene was streaming some Dota 2, then suddenly, they were being robbed. glimpses of robbers were seen through the webcam but not clear enough for us to see a face.
As of right now, me and Neil have been in a Skype call trying to contact as many people as we can that know they're address (Reaves, Doomraker,etc) and alot of them did not answer. We were able to contact SpawnRulz and he was able to call the cops because he knew his address.
If you guys have any pictures of the robber(s) or any evidence that we can maybe use. pls post it in.
Thanks to the recent people who help such as Cyborgmatt. we really do appreciate as much help as we can.
I will keep this post updated as soon as we hear something new. I hope they are safe.
-UPDATE 1: Sajedene has cotacted us and she is safe and she appreciates the call on the cops. along that SUNSfan is safe as well. but i heard that Monkey (1 of their cats) are missing
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/27oxcs/update_to_sunsfan_and_sajedene_situation/
edit 4: full 17 minute video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0X5GYkF_vo

velociraptor

What a cunt. I hope he gets sent to prison for life.

I think armed robbery should be given the same punishment as murder.

Ken

Eek, I experienced an armed robbery once at my own place and it's really a terrible thing to go through. Glad they're safe though.

akaoni

Banned
He ducks into the view of the camera and everything, they might get him good but it was kind of blurry.

wow, I didn't know armed robbery in private homes was a thing, always thought they sneak in when nobody's home.

can't imagine what it feels like after something like this happens. jesus.

I haven't seen the stream, but was the house dark? Robber might have thought nobody was home.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Fuck. I love those guys. That sucks, I hope they aren't too traumatized and what they lost can easily be replaced. And I hope they find Monkey :(

Err, what? Unless her address is well known for some reason, I doubt someone who performs armed robbery saw her stream and hacked her info. Am I missing something?

Well, streamers put themselves out there a lot. When they're home, a little bit of what their house looks like, streaming schedules, etc.

Giant Bomb had something similar happen - all of the E3 filming gear and equipment they brought last year were stolen from their E3 hotel while they were working. Since GB has many livestreams that show where they are and what they're doing, it seems to make them an easy mark.

I just feel like this sort of thing is becoming more common, and that it can't be a coincidence.

Salvadora

Well, streamers put themselves out there a lot. When they're home, a little bit of what their house looks like, streaming schedules, etc.

Giant Bomb had something similar happen - all of the E3 filming gear and equipment they brought last year were stolen from their E3 hotel while they were working. Since GB has many livestreams that show where they are and what they're doing, it seems to make them an easy mark.

I just feel like this sort of thing is becoming more common, and that it can't be a coincidence.
Think that's far, far too much of a stretch.

Tapiozona

Banned

But how would they get their address? Just because you know what their room looks like from the inside doesn't mean you have any idea where the house is located.
Besides I'm sure the intruders would much rather rob you when you're not home. If they knew their stream schedules why rob someone who you know will be at home. Thus is coincidence or was done by people who have no idea what twitch is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But how would they get their address? Just because you know what their room looks like from the inside doesn't mean you have any idea where the house is located.
Besides I'm sure the intruders would much rather rob you when you're not home. If they knew their stream schedules why rob someone who you know will be at home

It's the internet age. It's very easy to find someone's address. Especially someone who's out there online all the time. For all we know, it could be a former friend.

Nokterian

I saw it on twitter this shit is terrifying. Hopefully they get that fucker but this is unbelievable being robbed in your own house :/ Thank god there ok though.

SamVimes

It's the internet age. It's very easy to find someone's address. Especially someone who's out there online all the time. For all we know, it could be a former friend.

How would a former friend go to his former friends house, rob them and expect to get away with it?

Actually why would any robber target an house which is being watched by a good number of people? Wouldn't he at least wait until the stream is over?

RP912

Banned
Seriously hope they are alright.

Disclaimer- Don't read the comments under the video like I did :/.

MayMay

Banned
Holy shit, they knocked at the door and robbed them in their house? I did not even realize stuff like that happens in the US :O

Wow, that's so fucked up. Glad they're okay but I hope they catch those cunts.

Plus I seriously doubt said robbers specifically targeted their household via research off Twitch/streaming.

Devildoll

Wow, that's so fucked up. Glad they're okay but I hope they catch those cunts.

Plus I seriously doubt said robbers specifically targeted their household via research off Twitch/streaming.

yeah, in that case they could have checked the stream and noticed that they were home.
to decide upon another time where confrontation could be avoided.

According to news, seems like one person is caught.

Online gamers witness home invasion; 1 suspect in custody, 1 on the loose

I really can't imagine how I would feel, being robb with a gun. It seems so easy for the robber, everything goes so fast, you can loose some cash, a phone, nothing really important or you can't replace. But the feeling of insecurity... that will haunt you. And now I understand why people are packing heat in the US... jeez

This thread made me feel so old and out of the loop. Scary this happened.

That having been said--what is Twitch and who are these people?

Hylian7

This thread made me feel so old and out of the loop. Scary this happened.

That having been said--what is Twitch and who are these people?
Twitch is a game streaming site. These people were streaming Dota 2 and people were watching. The people are really popular members of the Dota 2 community. SUNSFan works for the site/YouTube channel Dotacinema.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom