• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakaguchi shares new screenshots of upcoming game Fantasian (Apple Arcade)

John Day

Remember this? Some of his fans still do.

Blo9lR5.jpg

When you promise a console game (and not any console game) to your fans and then you proceed to completely ignore that promise to keep making mobile shovelware, I'll call it a fall.
Yeah? Point still stands. More relaxing environment? He made a game for movile where whales brought in lots of money. That “fall” had a sequel that made money too. All while not having the preassure of it being a “Final Fantasy”.

Widen those lenses.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Yeah? Point still stands. More relaxing environment? He made a game for movile where whales brought in lots of money. That “fall” had a sequel that made money too. All while not having the preassure of it being a “Final Fantasy”.

Widen those lenses.

You mean that sequel that was shut down less than a year after its release and that had a further spin-off that was shut down six months after release?

Maybe I'm not the one who needs to widen his lenses, but you're the one who needs to do some research before stomping those fingers on the keyboard willy-nilly. 🤔

John Day

You mean that sequel that was shut down less than a year after its release and that had a further spin-off that was shut down six months after release?

Maybe I'm not the one who needs to widen his lenses, but you're the one who needs to do some research before stomping those fingers on the keyboard willy-nilly. 🤔
Ook mate.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It’s a cool concept. Probably one that is more acceptable on mobile. He’s got the same creative talent that he has always had. Models that look real with digital characters interacting with the world. I’d love to see more of it. Hopefully that creative talent improves AR and VR technology. Imagine playing a JRPG with Google Earth maps or something as your playing field.

Looks pretty neat. Glad I have an iPhone and AA.

Just hope Apple doubles down on AA and we start seeing something of high quality, because right now there's a lot of trash on it (NeoCab, Necrobarista and Sayonara Wild Hearts are fucking amazing though).

Last edited:

A.Romero

Just want to thank you for not making a click bait title and specifying Apple Arcade. The disappointment lasted half a second.

Furball

Too many blur , it hurt my eye to look at those picture . They look like a low resolution background picture stick into a High resolution model .

I don’t know, I think the one decrying a unique looking jrpg with an interesting production idea as just mobile shovelware probably needs to widen their lens.

WHY SAKAGUCHI??? WITH A COMBINED INSTALLED BASE OF ALMOST 150 MILLION CONSOLES why don't you work on a project for last gen consoles (PS4 and XOne)?????

To pierce my heart even more the art style even reminds me of one of my favourite RPGs of all time, Blue Dragon.

Why???????? WHY????????

Last edited:

Hudo

WHY SAKAGUCHI??? WITH A COMBINED INSTALLED BASE OF ALMOST 150 MILLION CONSOLES why don't you work on a project for last gen consoles (PS4 and XOne)?????

To pierce my heart even more the art style even reminds me of one of my favourite RPGs of all time, Blue Dragon.

Why???????? WHY????????
Two possibilities:

The most likely one: He enjoys working independently on projects with a smaller team and he sees a user base that is bigger than 150 million consoles in the smartphone area.

The other possibility is that no publisher wants to give him a budget big enough to make a "AAA JRPG".

mortal

Gold Member
+ Sakaguchi
+ Love the techniques they're using for the environments
- Apple arcade exclusive
- Those very fantasy anime inspired character designs look jarring with the setting.

Top Bottom