• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakaguchi's new game at Japan Expo w/ SoftBank/GungHo's Korean f2p division

L~A

Edit:

didn't you guys saw the Gravity Europe logo together with the Mistwalker one in the news posted in the OP?

They are the european distributor for stuff like this: http://www.gravity-gateway.com/jeux.html?Langue=en_GB

basically this confirms it's either a Mobile game, a Browser game, a F2P game, or a combination of those.

:(

Come meet Hironobu SAKAGUCHI at Japan Expo on Wednesday: he will talk about his career and about his latest project. But that’s still a secret, so don’t miss his conference to be among the first to know!

Hironobu SAKAGUCHI is the Executive Producer of the world-famous interactive game software Final Fantasy series. He’s been awarded several times and in 2004 created his own development studio, Mistwalker, in which he produced many RPG such as Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey or The Last Story.

On Wednesday, Hironobu SAKAGUCHI is sharing the various experiences of his career and his vision of the future of video games during a conference. He will also present his latest project, which is kept secret for the time being... A signing session and a photo shoot are also planner, to get a unique souvenir with Final Fantasy creator.

Source

Japan Expo takes place on July 2 - 6. Wednesday is July 2.

Please lock if old.

I hope SAKAGUCHI has a good team for whatever project he's working on. Seems like he has decent ideas but then he hires the guys who made Blinx the cat to implement them and, well, they made Blinx the cat

RyoonZ

Banned
Didn't he said to make 3 iOS games?

So far there are only surfing games and a tower defense game IIRC

Maybe it's 3rd iOS game! Be excite!

I hope his next RPG shows more creativity rather than just trying to re-create Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.

And if it is Lost Odyssey related, I hope it's limited to the Thousand Years of Dreams in some way. That was the only good thing about that game.

He will be the producer of SCEJ new RPG. He will come out and apologies like Gaben did at E3.

Yosp and Sakaguchi will shake hands.

Exclusive for Vita.

Believe

It is going to be an IOS game isn't it?

BadWolf

He will be the producer of SCEJ new RPG.

Not going to happen but that would be one hell of a megaton.

The rumor did say that it was a big project for Sony and was supposed to rival Final Fantasy. And that if it failed then they wouldn't attempt something of this scale again.

Ricky 7

I hope it's a console game and not another iOS surfing game. If it's on consoles I wonder if it'll be on XBO or Wii U? This seems like something MS would have announced at E3 so maybe it could be a Nintendo exclusive or a Stream game.

Takao

Banned
I thought that, but weird to do that at Japan Expo. It's a pretty big show, they even got Iwata 2 years ago :p

If Sakaguchi wants to lauch a crowdfunding campaign a presence at a major convention only helps. IIRC Mghty No. 9 was launched during PAX or something.

69wpm

Eh, he'll probably put on some sunglasses and announce that he still surfs around in Hawaii. No new game in development. Please understand.

Not going to happen but that would be one hell of a megaton.

The rumor did say that it was a big project for Sony and was supposed to rival Final Fantasy. And that if it failed then they wouldn't attempt something of this scale again.

Totally it is a huge gamble in today's market.

In all seriousness i don't think we will hear about any new Sony japan projects until Bloodborne is released!

BadWolf

In all seriousness i don't think we will hear about any new Sony japan projects until Bloodborne is released!

True but Bloodborne is more From Software than Sony (in terms of development) and Sony really needs to announce something for Japan and fast.

But yeah, we probably won't hear about it any time soon.

Eolz

Announcing it at Japan Expo? I'm surprised.
Expecting it to be with Namco Bandia, big supporters of this "convention", and not to be a really big one (edit: I don't think it'll be a mobile game though, not the place to announce that. Either digital-only or something the size of The Last Story, not Lost Odyssey)
Even if France loves Japan and Nintendo, I don't think it'll be with them this time, sadly.
I still believe

Top Bottom