• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin shipments and digital sales top 950,000

sublimit

Banned
LUMjBRzWYhwYltvFWpvCr4ct.png

Total worldwide shipments and digital sales for Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin have exceeded 950,000 units as of March 31, publisher Marvelous and developer Edelweiss announced.

The game was last reported to have shipped 850,000 units on January 29.

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin launched for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam on November 10, 2020 in North America, November 12 in Japan, and November 20 in Europe and Australia.

Good game but very repetitive IMO and the grinding as well as the bad platforming (at times) made me quit playing it. Maybe i'll get back to it someday.

Last edited:
The obvious Goemon love drew me in, along with the funny cutscenes and great artstyle. I'm with you though, I put it down because of having to return to areas and manage my rice with so many menus/ratings. I'm sure it's really satisfying when you're in it, but it seems hard to get into at first

sublimit

Banned
The polish of this game is immense. I love the water graphics when you are stirring the... thingie. Its also quite funny as TheDrunkenMerchant TheDrunkenMerchant said above.
I agree but the game also had some fundemental design problems. The art direction and presentation was fantastic though especially when considering it was made by just two people. But sadly it also shows that it was made by just two people in terms of gameplay and game design.

noshten

600K of those are in Japan, basically doubled the previous best-selling game by Marvelous in the country, and has achieved around 300K digital sales of which we are likely looking at at least 80% on the Switch due to the shortages at launch last year.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
I enjoyed the game and it had a lot of potential but i hope the success of the game helps them expand their team and the sequel doesn't have the problems of the first game (which i think they were due to their limited budget and workforce).

bender

What time is it?
Funnily enough I just ordered the collectors edition for Switch from Best Buy. It arrived looking like a hobo used it as his lazy boy.

Top Bottom