• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakurai talks Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U + white board sketch of Smash characters

Sakurai Tweeted this.
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/219759606463864832
スタッフがホワイトボードに描いたもの。上手いね!
Google Translation only says that the staff drew that on the white board. It doesn't say these characters are confirmed or anything.
raLu9.jpg

From a Nintendo Power interview.
http://nintendoeverything.com/92809/sakurai-change-of-direction-may-be-needed-for-next-smash-bros/

When Nintendo Power asked about the difficulties in making a new Smash Bros. considering the amount of content included in previous games, Sakurai said:

“It isn’t a matter of ‘if the next game has 50 characters, that’ll be enough.’ There is a certain charm to games that have huge casts of playable characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and have them all feel distinctive…. In terms of quantity, we’ve probably already reached the limit of what’s feasible. I think a change of direction may be what’s needed.”

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yeah, because all Smash characters feel unique and distinctive. There aren't clones at all.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Sandbag is crying. Sandbag having feelings CONFIRMED.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
One of the few games I'd be quite happy to see adopt fairly priced DLC. I'd love to expand the game with character and stage packs.

BoSox06DH

They should seriously get rid of all the clones unless they actually make them unique. I would take 38 unique characters over 56 characters with clones everywhere.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thank you for posting this here. I'm very glad to know that Smash-GAF has gotten the hang of being able to have an ongoing community thread for general chit-chat, but still letting the rest of us know about information that may be considered news or significant :D

Every fighting game has clones though. Why is Smash always the one getting all the flak for it? :V

Contrary to belief, smash has never had clones. There are characters that have very similar animations and models, but when it comes down to it the way they are played is VERY different. Fox is faster than Falco, Falco's "side-b" pushed characters down while Fox's pushes them up, ETC.

Levyne

Banned
Contrary to belief, smash has never had clones. There are characters that have very similar animations and models, but when it comes down to it the way they are played is VERY different. Fox is faster than Falco, Falco's "side-b" pushed characters down while Fox's pushes them up, ETC.

Even this is not really the full bit...Fox Falco and Wolf shared specials and I think a back-air and that was pretty much it.

One of the few games I'd be quite happy to see adopt fairly priced DLC. I'd love to expand the game with character and stage packs.

I actually would too. I'd like a good group out of the gate, but DLC would be pretty awesome. Especially if they came with balance patches. Chain Grabs can die in a fire.

Top Bottom