• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sam Lake tease Remedy's next game

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
fQrcypihvc8FpZMFUT7FWC.jpg

New multiplatform AAA license funded by Epic
Will be part of the Remedy Connected Universe

unknown.png

EpeA2XLW4AAWJyP

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

Is the Control Dlc any good btw?
The first one "The Foundation" was. The second "AWE" wasn't at all - blame covid and work from home. Maybe some Alan Wake obsessives may have found some value in it, but it really wasn't good at all.

Last edited:

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
Hopefully a new IP.

I really thought Sony was going to acquire Remedy this year (or sometime soon)..guess not.
Control pretty much flopped so that may have spooked Sony away. Of course assuming they were even thinking about acquiring Remedy.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Give me Alan Wake or wake me up when you plan on doing it Remedy.

Max Payne was OK for its time, but not as heavy hitting as Alan Wake. The best history ever in any horror game and it deserved a movie.

kikkis

Remedy has good gameplay, and environments, but controversially I think Sam Lakes writing is their weak point, it just feels like trying to hide the lacking quality in writing with obfuscation.

I will always have a special place in my heart dedicated to Max Payne 1. Unfortunately their works after have kind of lost me, but I can still dream and hope for something cool from them again.

daninthemix

That won't be happening either or at all.
Good. Sony games - although very consistent in quality - are also utterly predictable, in my opinion.

The same cannot be said of Remedy's output. You never know what the heck you're getting yourself into and that's a good thing.

martino

Hopefully a new IP.

Control pretty much flopped so that may have spooked Sony away. Of course assuming they were even thinking about acquiring Remedy.
So now 2 millions for a game that will release again on ps5/xsx is a flop?

Last edited:
Top Bottom