• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy S8 · S8+ |OT| - Available April 21, 2017

Lagamorph

My S8+ has now been updated to Shipped, though I haven't received any tracking info.

My Clearview case just says In Progress though, so doesn't look like it's going to arrive at the same time as the phone.

Stupid question, but can anyone tell me what the shipping package weighs? I ordered it through AT&T without getting so much as a receipt, but I got a delivery notice from UPS about a 2lbs package arriving today and have no idea what else it could be.

Mine says 1.80 lbs so it may indeed be that.

BraXzy

God I hate Vodafone. I originally ordered my S8 with them as I had a 15% employee discount. Then I noticed a slightly more expensive plan they were offering that doubled the data with a quarter of the upfront cost. Got in touch to ask to switch only to get back "Sorry we can't change the order now till you receive the phone."

So then I asked to just cancel the order... same response. So I've just been charged the £120 upfront cost to receive a phone I will instantly return.

Oh Snap! Just seen an update with my UPS order - End of day TODAY! WOOOOOP!!!!

>=D here i was worried i wouldnt get my phone on time. HAH!

I think I always get suckered into staying with TouchWiz because at the beginning it runs fine, but then as the phone gets older shit starts lagging and freezing up. So this time I'll go with a new launcher.

Stupid question, but can anyone tell me what the shipping package weighs? I ordered it through AT&T without getting so much as a receipt, but I got a delivery notice from UPS about a 2lbs package arriving today and have no idea what else it could be.

FedEx list my package as 2lbs, so I'm sure it's your S8.

Sanjuro

I think I always get suckered into staying with TouchWiz because at the beginning it runs fine, but then as the phone gets older shit starts lagging and freezing up. So this time I'll go with a new launcher.

I did this with the S7 more than any other occasion. Call me old fashioned, but Nova does what I like.

BraXzy

Still estimated for 20th delivery with my main order. No movement since it was being "processed by supplier" on the 11th when I ordered. I don't have high hopes :(

Pepiope

Ya I usually go with TouchWiz at the beginning and then switch to Nova after a few months. Hopefully I don't have to, but nova is perfectly fine.

mochicat~

Samsung just made wallpaper awesome.. their infinity wallpaper is so smooth and subtle, but provides an aesthetic i have not witnessed before.

Isn't the rumour that the Note 8 will also have a 4k display, 6GB of RAM, dual cameras (with 3x zoom)...and of course the S Pen.

I'm seriously considering the jump from iOS this year and hoping the Note delivers.
4K was the rumor since the Note 5, 6GB since the Note 7, though it's inevitable, especially now that they have resolution scaling as standard.

Ibuki

Banned
Still processing status for best buy. Hope I can pick up Friday.

Is there any reason why it wouldn't be?

I've never pre-ordered a phone from Best Buy before, but the original e-mail said 4/21 for the date. The website does still say "We will let you know"...

Lucky you guys getting the pre-ordered delivered.

My goddamn region has a release date/shipping date set from 25th April till 5th May.

Hope I get it early or on 25th April as it is then they will start shipping.

Can't wait :(

reKon

Banned
my friend is freaking out because he's saying he still has no tracking information and it's scheduled to arrive Thursday. Are people here having the same experience?

Top Bottom