• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Shodown 2 World Cup 2017!

Kinda want a new game in this series. Throw in one of those CG shows too by the way SNK, loving King of Fighter Destiny. Benimaru is too pretty to be in captivity.

Dev1lXYZ

The best Samurai Showdown of the series was part 2. We pooled money and bought a Neo Geo back in the day and this game. $250 at the time for the cart. We mastered all of the characters. I remember going into the arcade and using the memory card to show people the last boss.

Z..

Always a joy to see this game played well. It was the game that cemented my love for FGs after SF2 blew me away as a kid. Never managed to own it until it got released on the 360, but I did manage to get my hands on SS1 for the Mega Drive to lessen the pain.

Always a joy to see this game played well. It was the game that cemented my love for FGs after SF2 blew me away as a kid. Never managed to own it until it got released on the 360, but I did manage to get my hands on SS1 for the Mega Drive to lessen the pain.

I actually really like the version of SS1 on the Megadrive/Genesis. The SNES really lost out in that conversion by comparison.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This is awesome. I'm glad someone set this tournament up because its a modern look into the game's mechanics. It's like how SF2 is still fun to watch. When I was a kid I played this game on an SNK cabinet. The most I could do was pull off a special move.

I boot up SS now a days and I always wonder what's possible with the characters. I don't always want to see a bunch of stuff I have no idea how to do yet. I feel the very same way about Vampire Savior.

Samurai_Shodown_Anthology_Cover.jpg

If SNK decides to resurrect this franchise they should include these games bundled on the blu-ray.

Top Bottom