• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection trailer

Bullet Club

The SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION contains six games and one mysterious, unreleased title… And it is coming out for PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC!

cohozWF.png

Free on EGS from June 11-18

8ksUapL.png

You forgot to post the biggest thing. It has Roll Back Netcode!

--

Last edited:

Pejo

Did they mention price? I'd pick this up on Steam for 20 or less. Man, if only I still had my group of friends from when we all played this series from back in the day.

Needlecrash

YAY for Samurai Shodown V Perfect. It seems it's coming for Xbox One as well.
I'm still salty that the EGS and Stadia get Samurai Shodown VII/2019 instead of Steam.

Last edited:

Business

Why not make these games 16:9, I know screen limits matter in a fighting game but a better solution than this ugly screen frame could be found. Maybe show the whole stage in 16:9 and have it a bit greyed out to show where the 4:3 "screen limit" is. I guess it would take a bit of effort though and these are easy money releases.

cireza

Banned
Hope they include the Arranged Soundtracks from the Neo Geo CD. These were vastly superior to the cartridge based games for all games had Neo Geo CD releases.

Fake

Love Samurai Showdown 5. I already have Last Blade 2 and Garou, will be glad to pick this one too.

Self

Hope they include the Arranged Soundtracks from the Neo Geo CD. These were vastly superior to the cartridge based games for all games had Neo Geo CD releases.

Yes, I own all the ACA Neo Geo releases of SS and KOF, but boy do I miss the arranged soundtracks.

Naked Lunch

The Sam Sho series is one of gaming's greatest treasures.
Looks like I can shelf my PS2 sam sho collection for good.
Good news about the XB1 version - I was super pissed watching the initial trailer with no xbox logo.

I wonder if more SNK collections are in the works, perhaps with added netplay. Its SNK 30th anniversary and all. The ACA Hamster NeoGeo collections have stopped releasing - and they dont even go on sale anymore.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I play the collection on my Vita and Humble Bundle did a sweet SNK deal a few years back. This is awesome. Way to keep the franchise alive. Now port Samurai Showdown 64.

Definitely in on this one. What is the mysterious title
The never released very final NeoGeo game that was lost at SNK's but discovered in one and only one arcade, years later by luck. They used that rom. It has different stories and lots of fixes from SSV Special.

Last edited:

Pantz

Oh just saw this is available on consoles now. Where did the pre-release advertising go?

Hmm $40... gonna have to think on this one.

S77

Got the collection for free on Epic Games Store when it launched, I like looking through the promotional materials, history and interviews, but I'm using Retroarch + FBNeo to play the games as the collection has poor upscaling and shitty filters, nothing to match Retroarch's shaders and other options.

Fake

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Has anybody managed to extract the Samurai Shodown V Perfect rom for use in emulators?

Fake

Nope, 5 games with two versions of the same game.
Just like the link you posted?

- SAMURAI SHODOWN
- SAMURAI SHODOWN II
- SAMURAI SHODOWN III
- SAMURAI SHODOWN IV AMAKUSA’S REVENGE
- SAMURAI SHODOWN V
- SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL
- SAMURAI SHODOWN V PERFECT
- SAMURAI SHODOWN VI

bender

What time is it?
Bummed this isn't getting more coverage. Really curious about the emulation quality on PS4/Switch.

reptilex

Banned
Just like the link you posted?

- SAMURAI SHODOWN
- SAMURAI SHODOWN II
- SAMURAI SHODOWN III
- SAMURAI SHODOWN IV AMAKUSA’S REVENGE
- SAMURAI SHODOWN V
- SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL
- SAMURAI SHODOWN V PERFECT
- SAMURAI SHODOWN VI

Hum wait there's VI in this collection? Nevermind then, although it's still far from an "ultimate" collection.

Top Bottom