• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samus Aran's Gunship easter egg in DKC: Tropical Freeze

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOFW6kK0Nfc&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ&feature=c4-overview
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze's secret level, Busted Bayou,is hiding a secret of its own: Samus's Gunship from the Metroid games is hidden in the background!
Thank you gamexplain.
ioAfttq64UAYf.png

4525-6938_press00.jpg

iVkEVV8rMMm2W.png

iblZKyKk1sTk2u.gif

ron-paul.gif

Nintendo saved.

cafemomo

samus crash landed in donkey kong land where then she must earn the trust of the fellow monkies to help her rebuild her ship. there she becomes one of them but cranky does not trust this new gaijin from outer space. so she will embark on dangeruos missions throughout the land to gather bananas for the kong village to gain his trust

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Cranky Kong unzips at the end, and surprise! You've been playing as Samus in a monkey costume all along.

(The bananas. The bananas. The bananas.)

khaaan

Goodbye Metroid x Starfox, hello Metroid x Donkey Kong!
Seriously though, it's kind of hard to make out the ship in that picture. It would be nice if it was actually a hint to a new Metroid game. One thing I did notice though is that the background seems to be similar to the one in that Smash Bros 3DS shot.

Abandoned, crashed in a tree, no sign of help coming. The sentient life sniffs, glances at the wreckage, then moves on, ascending to higher heights.

A fitting metaphor.

Confirmed: Retro hates Nintendo fans and wants to troll us. Hard.

Prove me wrong!

Please. I love Prime. Metroid Prime 2 was the first game I finished to 100% (well 101% as I used a glitch to get that extra percent point).

Retro made me buy a gamecube and a Wii. I will buy a WiiU if a there's a new Metroid coming.

Retro... don't make me not buy a WiiU.

Nibel

With Metroid being present in Nintendoland and this easter-egg I feel like the franchise is currently overused on the Wii U which is why I hope we won't see a homeconsole Metroid game during this console generation

Phazon

With Metroid being present in Nintendoland and this easter-egg I feel like the franchise is currently overused on the Wii U which is why I hope we won't see a homeconsole Metroid game during this console generation

You do realize I live in Belgium and that's not far from Germany? Say that again and I'll visit your country and I WILL find you, Nibel : >

-----

I wonder if Retro has put more Metroid references in the game.

-Horizon-

Samus' ship? Metroid Prime was a trilogy. Retro confirming that DK will be a trilogy as well, please be excited for DKC: Hawaiian Punch

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
A 2.5D Retro-fueled take on Super Metroid would be God-tier.

Who would design it though? Since NIntendo SPD and Monster Games had to take care of the level design on this one. Risa Tabata from Nintendo SPD is the DIRECTOR alongside Tanabe as Producer. Kind of telling in some ways. Retro is a nice Western team with talent, but the departure of those senior planners has changed things a bit.

In other words, Sakamoto tell the Rhythm Heaven and Kiki Trick to make my Metroid 3DS.

Coolwhip

Banned
Who would design it though? Since NIntendo SPD and Monster Games had to take care of the level design on this one. Risa Tabata from Nintendo SPD is the DIRECTOR alongside Tanabe as Producer. Kind of telling in some ways. Retro is a nice Western team with talent, but the departure of those senior planners has changed things a bit.

In other words, Sakamoto tell the Rhythm Heaven and Kiki Trick to make my Metroid 3DS.

Sounds to me Retro is a shadow of its former self. Maybe thats why they went with a pretty straightforward platformer sequel.

Top Bottom