• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

San Francisco officials brand NRA a ‘domestic terrorist organization’

zeorhymer

Gold Member
Nov 9, 2013
San Francisco, CA
The San Francisco Board of Supervisors has passed a resolution declaring the National Rifle Association a “domestic terrorist organization” and urged the federal government to do the same – the latest escalation in the heated rhetoric from Democrats regarding the NRA in the wake of several deadly mass shootings.

The resolution, which passed Tuesday and says the U.S. is “plagued by an epidemic of gun violence,” accuses the NRA of using “its considerable wealth and organization strength to promote gun ownership and incite gun owners to acts of violence.”
"This ludicrous stunt by the Board of Supervisors is an effort to distract from the real problems facing San Francisco, such as rampant homelessness, drug abuse and skyrocketing petty crime, to name a few,” the statement said, according to KTVU. “The NRA will continue working to protect the constitutional rights of all freedom-loving Americans."
First SF sanitizes the criminal justice system by scrubbing out the words 'felon' and now they're doing this feel good shit. SF is complete trash when they're more focused on feel good laws like banning straws than actually trying to solve homelessness, feces and needles on the street, and housing issues. I'm glad I moved out of that hell hole. It's just a matter of time that the cancer will spread to other cities because they are unwilling to look at how shit their city is and need something to feel good about. And yes I'm salty on how the city turned out over the years.

Edit: Forgot the source

Last edited:

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
This is just depressing. In a time when we need to come together, our House Speaker's district just called millions and millions of Americans who support part of the constitution domestic terrorists. I'm honestly starting to believe the Russians have won a war that the US did not realize was even being fought. They should just declare the constitution as void in a couple states and get on with it, and let the chips fall where they may.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
This is just depressing. In a time when we need to come together, our House Speaker's district just called millions and millions of Americans who support part of the constitution domestic terrorists. I'm honestly starting to believe the Russians have won a war that the US did not realize was even being fought. They should just declare the constitution as void in a couple states and get on with it, and let the chips fall where they may.
We are seeing where the true authoritarian propagandists are coming from.

Reactions: dolabla
May 22, 2018
No lies detected in my opinion. They actively bribe the Republicans in Congress to turn a blind eye to gun violence in America in order to prevent gun control legislation from passing and have done so for years.

So in terms of lives lost and damage done that puts them right up there with any other domestic terrorist organization within the US as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
Feb 22, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
The NRA isn't a domestic terrorist organization, and I wish they hadn't done that... but at the same time, it's still a corrupt, industry-backed organization that bribes Republicans into inaction and makes thinly veiled threats against its opponents. It has a corrosive effect on politics, and the sooner it implodes, the better.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
No lies detected in my opinion. They actively bribe the Republicans in Congress to turn a blind eye to gun violence in America in order to prevent gun control legislation from passing and have done so for years.

So in terms of lives lost and damage done that puts them right up there with any other domestic terrorist organization within the US as far as I am concerned.
Damn, so what does that make Big Weapons manufacturers that the Left also loves and gets lobbied from?

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
How many NRA members have been convicted of mass shootings? Go on, support San Francisco's stupidity if you can.

Reactions: Teletraan1

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
We are seeing where the true authoritarian propagandists are coming from.
That has been obvious for a while. It's the support for it that terrifies me for this country's future. People now cheer calling millions of law abiding average Joe's and Jane's terrorists for supporting a second amendment. I'm all for tighter gun control, and would vote in favor of constitutional amendments to make that easier most likely (obviously would have to see the bill). But this kind of action has no reasonable likelihood of getting people in the middle or drumming up support in fly over country. This is drawing battle lines in my humble opinion. Deny it all you want. The next step is making NRA supporters unemployable. Might as well just impose a tea tax on NRA supporters next.

Dude, they are pushing to preserve a constitutional right. I agree with you that we need to do stop these mass shootings come hell or high water. But attacking it with hatred will only lead to more violence.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: DeepEnigma

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
The NRA once supported gun control measures. Fascinating history:

The NRA assisted Roosevelt in drafting the 1934 National Firearms Act and the 1938 Gun Control Act, the first federal gun control laws. These laws placed heavy taxes and regulation requirements on firearms that were associated with crime, such as machine guns, sawed-off shotguns and silencers. Gun sellers and owners were required to register with the federal government and felons were banned from owning weapons. Not only was the legislation unanimously upheld by the Supreme Court in 1939, but Karl T. Frederick, the president of the NRA, testified before Congress stating, “I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.”
On Nov. 22, 1963, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald. He shot the president with an Italian military surplus rifle purchased from a NRA mail-order advertisement. NRA Executive Vice-President Franklin Orth agreed at a congressional hearing that mail-order sales should be banned stating, “We do think that any sane American, who calls himself an American, can object to placing into this bill the instrument which killed the president of the United States.” The NRA also supported California’s Mulford Act of 1967, which had banned carrying loaded weapons in public in response to the Black Panther Party’s impromptu march on the State Capitol to protest gun control legislation on May 2, 1967.

Mihos

Gold Member
May 10, 2009
steamcommunity.com
Just in time for 'Red Flag' laws.

Which basically means that being part of a 'terrorist organization' (NRA)... they will legally be able take guns away from anyone who is a member of the NRA

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Just in time for 'Red Flag' laws.

Which basically means that being part of a 'terrorist organization' (NRA)... they will legally be able take guns away from anyone who is a member of the NRA
They want to ignite a war. Slow burn fuse.

Mihos

Gold Member
May 10, 2009
steamcommunity.com

I think that the real reason there is no real legislation passed on gun control, is because it would disproportionatly disarm minorities.

Which ironically, is why the NRA used to be for it. I am no fan of the NRA.

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
I think that the real reason there is no real legislation passed on gun control, is because it would disproportionatly disarm minorities.
I disagree. I blame zealots on the right, but also, and largely the zealots on the left who give moderate politicians on the issue no cover to vote their conscious and have a chance at re-election. In other words, the people who control the media have no real interest in making this happen. They just want to brow beat and belittle the people they need to get shit done. This is proof in the pudding right here. Good luck getting someone in a red state to now vote with people calling millions of people terrorists.

Last edited:

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
In all seriousness, when Trump was publicly suggesting changes needed to be made, how much positive coverage did he get in the ensuing weeks? I don't recall much, unless you count hourly reminders that he was Turning on his Base to be positive coverage for a guy who has a re-election coming up (which is not positive at all).

HoodWinked

Jun 30, 2010
Earth
sounds about right, this works two fold cause it elevates the NRA as being spooky and dangerous while also demoting actual terrorists that slam planes into buildings and blowing themselves in crowded areas to be comparable to them. what a fucking joke.

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018
Branding NRA as domestic terror organization+red flag laws= every sanfran NRA member gets his weapon taken from him?

Last edited:

CDiggity

Jan 3, 2014
Branding NRA as domestic terror organization+red flag laws= every sanfran NRA member gets his weapon taken from him?
Unfortunately people are stupid so they see a label and assume they have everything in common.

The views of a person/people who are NRA members are not always the views of the NRA. The NRA is a 501(c)4 organization with a central location and a hierarchy of employees. The organization can make pretty apparent when they want to contribute a statement on an issue.

I can buy the logic that the NRA is contributing to the gun culture by promoting gun ownership, as it's a byproduct of promoting gun rights in general. But I find it hard to believe that NRA, as an organization, is inciting proactive gun violence against other people.

By the logic of labeling the NRA as domestic terrorists, wouldn't the same be true about other lobbies who allegedly contribute to certain negative/destructive elements of US culture?

Reactions: Oner

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
By the logic of labeling the NRA as domestic terrorists, wouldn't the same be true about other lobbies who allegedly contribute to certain negative/destructive elements of US culture?
Only ones that don't fund the DNC. Big Weapons lobbies that make stuff blow the shit out of other countries, etc., they fund them. They A-OK. :messenger_dizzy: :messenger_ok:

Last edited:
Reactions: danielberg

Tygeezy

Sep 28, 2018

The money they donate to republicans is a small pittance compared to other donors. They aren't bribing anybody.

Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
Thank you for the free Trump advertising virtually everywhere in this nation you aren't guaranteed to win already. I can see this going over real well in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania, and you will see it plastered everywhere.

It's also time for me to re-up, thanks for the reminder.

Reactions: Threeshotgamer

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I am not a fan of the NRA but I don't agree with this.

If we are going with hysterics lets brand Activision and EA as domestic terrorist organizations as well. COD/BF contribute to these mass shootings as violent videogame amrite? And we can go whole hog and include FOX/Paramount and other studios for their violent Movies and TV shows. And since rap music promotes thug and crime culture lets start branding rap artist and their labels as domestic terrorist organizations too.

Reactions: Cybrwzrd

Dirk Benedict

May 31, 2013
in Cursed Isz
Lmao. Man, while the NRA aren't saints... these clowns are wasting time doing shit like this. San Francisco has worse problems than branding an organization who cums for the 2nd amendment a terrorist organization.

MrTickles

Feb 22, 2018
Isn't San Francisco covered in homeless people and human feces?

Maybe the officials need to refocus their efforts on stuff that matters.

Reactions: Shaqazooloo

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005

Fuck you asshole. I'm a member. You calling me a terrorist?

• Fire
Reactions: Oner

Sacred

Aug 22, 2018
So they wouldn't do this for Antifa, but an organization that follows the laws and protected by the constitution. Just let Cali float off into the fucking ocean.

Reactions: danielberg

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Victor Davis Hansen had an excellent point about this type of stupidity. They waste time with this kind of nonsense slackivism virtue signaling as distractions because they are too stupid/ill equipped/unable to tackle the actual problems that plague the area they are elected to serve. Root problem is homeless people. They throw ungodly amounts of money at the problem with no proper solution that they can formulate because they are inundated with social justice nonsense like fire hoses being racist, decriminalizing crimes or changing the language related to criminals.

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
You know what’s truly terror inducing? Walking your kid to school and seeing a grown man shitting on the sidewalk in a city that made it completely legal to do so.

San Fran has become a sea of shit, needles, disease and failed a Liberal policies. I’d wear any derogatory label they gave me like a badge of honor.

Xenon

I'm glad you changed from the Tyrion Avatar because you would be doing it a major disservice by the lack of logic in that post. As for turning a blind eye to gun violence the democratic party and the major news networks are just as unseeing when it comes to their own demographics. But then again words and their meanings are malleable for the left. Since Nazi doesn't fit in this case terrorist will have to do. Because mislabeling political opponents with loaded names is what they do. Well that and ignoring personal responsibility.

As far as the NRAs actions, they are just like any political group in this country, they battle to not lose an inch for fear they could lose a mile. They are no different than pro choice or pro life advocates. Blaming them for the lives taken by guns is the same as saying pro choice groups have the blood of unborn babies on their hands. I acknowledge that some do but sternly disagree.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
terrorism

/ˈtɛrərɪzəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun

1. the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Can anyone (especially those in the 'no lies detected' camp) provide verifiable examples of the NRA unlawfully using violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims?

Thanks.