• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

San Francisco officials brand NRA a ‘domestic terrorist organization’

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
  • Fire
Reactions: Oner and danielberg

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
terrorism

/ˈtɛrərɪzəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun

1. the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Can anyone (especially those in the 'no lies detected' camp) provide verifiable examples of the NRA unlawfully using violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims?

Thanks.
Of course not, but we know how this works. They will support actual terrorists while falsely labeling someone else as terrorists, and numb skulls will pretend they did something smart, noble or brave. I'll give their pseudo religion one thing - they circle the wagons around their false gods with blind mouth foaming passion better than anyone.

Reactions: Oner

crowbrow

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2019
This is as retarded as branding Antifa a terrorist organization. Both diminish the seriousness and destructiveness of actual terrorism.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
This is as retarded as branding Antifa a terrorist organization. Both diminish the seriousness and destructiveness of actual terrorism.
I asked a question, earlier in this thread, for anyone to cite a mass shooter whom was an NRA member.

I can cite the Dayton, Oh shooter Connor Betts as being a member of AntiFa as well as Willem Van Spronsen who firebombed the illegal immigrant detention facility in Washington.

I've been to a number of gun shows with NRA members, both attending and sponsoring; never saw them cover their faces and cause a riot or bash bystanders and journalists for exercising their first amendment right.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

..he neus nothing
Jan 21, 2018
Republic of Catalonia
The real question here is: when is California going to declare it's independence?

As a catalan, I see it happening sooner than most believe.

No lies detected in my opinion. They actively bribe the Republicans in Congress to turn a blind eye to gun violence in America in order to prevent gun control legislation from passing and have done so for years.

So in terms of lives lost and damage done that puts them right up there with any other domestic terrorist organization within the US as far as I am concerned.
I have missed you.

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
To all the enemies of the US, if you nuke the US please choose San Francisco as your target, thanks. A nuclear blast would only be an improvement for that area.

• Fire
Reactions: mcz117chief

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018
Wouldn't it be simpler and more accurate to just declare sanfran as domestic terrorist haven and bomb the shit out of it and be done with that embarrassment?

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: mcz117chief

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
To all the enemies of the US, if you nuke the US please choose San Francisco as your target, thanks. A nuclear blast would only be an improvement for that area.
The blowback of shit and needles would decimate the rest of the US. Sure San Fran would be better off, but it would blow all the shit to the rest of the country LOL. It would be raining shit.

zeorhymer

Gold Member
Nov 9, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Just nuke the coastline. That's where all the leftist crazies are. Please leave Hollywood though. At least they make entertainment.

Kreios

Oct 5, 2010
U.S.
The NRA is actually very good about helping women and their rights with firearms. That’s all I’ll give them though. And I’m not surprised this is from California. Maybe they can be their own country after the next earthquake

Last edited:

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Planned parenthood gives roughly the same amount of lobbying money as the NRA. Lobbying is cool beans when you support their cause I guess. I can guarantee that the people who interact with planned parenthood end more lives than the ones who interact with the NRA.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Planned parenthood gives roughly the same amount of lobbying money as the NRA. Lobbying is cool beans when you support their cause I guess. I can guarantee that the people who interact with planned parenthood end more lives than the ones who interact with the NRA.
See the trick is that a "fetus" isn't a life. Thats the get out of jail free card. They don't end lives, its just some tissues and vessels, even after its born and laying on a table its fair game to "abort".

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
It is a dangerous and shitty lobby organisation, but that's what it is. I see no justification whatsoever to call them a terrorist organisation.
It is absolutely not a dangerous and shitty organization. Me and my lady would not be members of a dangerous and shitty organization.

Do yourself a favor and actually look them up and do some research before you spout absurdities.

Good grief some people really don't care if when they speak they sound like a fool.

Yoshi

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
It is absolutely not a dangerous and shitty organization. Me and my lady would not be members of a dangerous and shitty organization.

Do yourself a favor and actually look them up and do some research before you spout absurdities.

Good grief some people really don't care if when they speak they sound like a fool.
Well, I disagree, what exactly do you think I should look up that changes my mind when my position (as is pretty well documented on here) is that guns in the hands of the general population is madness?

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Well, I disagree, what exactly do you think I should look up that changes my mind when my position (as is pretty well documented on here) is that guns in the hands of the general population is madness?
I don't care what you think about Americans right to own guns, as it's irrelevant. You calling the NRA a shitty and dangerous thing is what I take umbrage with.

They help protect the 2nd amendment which is enshrined in the U.S. constitution. They also;

Guns in the hands of the U.S. population will never change, and it's neither dangerous, or shitty to protect that right. I view organizations that do the same for the first amendment the exact same way.

If you don't care about rights that's your problem. I'm not going to be called a terrorist, and/or a member of a "dangerous and shitty" organization that helps protect the rights of Americans.

Your the type of person that would never stand up for your rights, or the rights of others. You would be the first in line to hand over as much responsibility to an overreaching and overbearing government as possible.

That's okay though. People like me will be there to protect you, from yourself. Idealists are usually the most dangerous to a free society.

Yoshi

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
I don't care what you think about Americans right to own guns, as it's irrelevant. You calling the NRA a shitty and dangerous thing is what I take umbrage with.

They help protect the 2nd amendment which is enshrined in the U.S. constitution. They also;

Guns in the hands of the U.S. population will never change, and it's neither dangerous, or shitty to protect that right. I view organizations that do the same for the first amendment the exact same way.

If you don't care about rights that's your problem. I'm not going to be called a terrorist, and/or a member of a "dangerous and shitty" organization that helps protect the rights of Americans.
You will have to live with me disagreeing with your valuation of the NRA. I see it as a dangerous and shitty organisation and not because of being ill-informed. You are free to view them differently and be a member of them. I do not think you are a bad human because of that or anything, I just think that you are wrong on that issue.
Your the type of person that would never stand up for your rights, or the rights of others.
That's probably the last thing anyone who knows me would ay about me.

• LOL
Reactions: Oner and DeepEnigma

zeorhymer

Gold Member
Nov 9, 2013
San Francisco, CA
This is getting juicy!

NRA Sues SF

In the lawsuit, filed in the Northern District of California, the NRA accused the city of maintaining a blacklist, asking the court to “instruct elected officials that freedom of speech means you cannot silence or punish those with whom you disagree.”

“This action is an assault on all advocacy organizations across the country,” said William A. Brewer III, the NRA’s attorney. “There can be no place in our society for this manner of behavior by government officials. Fortunately, the NRA, like all U.S. citizens, is protected by the First Amendment.”

CEO Wayne LaPierre said the lawsuit “comes with a message to those who attack the NRA: We will never stop fighting for our law-abiding members and their constitutional freedoms,” according to the AP.