Sargon of Akkad's Ostracism & The Great Online Schism

Mar 7, 2018
In my greatest hope of hopes, I hope that this mass censoring and deplatforming across the western world awakens a sleeping Billionaire conservative (or a collection of em), that creates they're own Mastercard, Patreon, Amazon, Google, Netflix and Disney.. basically controlling all aspects from funding to creation to distribution of popular culture, so at least there is some goddamn balance to neocon-liberalism/globalist ideology, because other than that, it's going to be a long slog of thought control, dark webbing and eventually the erasure of ideas permanently from human access. Maybe we don't even need the elite/ultrarich cause even the biggest tech and business titans had small beginnings, so possible alternative startups will break through at somepoint? The scariest difference presently, compared to the past, is that modern monopolies have the ability to turn the valve off on competitors wherever they pop up. In my somewhat idealistic heart tho, I ultimately believe that truth and freedom will find its way through even the darkest abyss, if it takes ten years, a hundred or more.
Well, now that you put it that way, this might be the conflict we need to stir up radical innovation.

Oct 2, 2018
this still going on? feels like noone cares anymore lol
Almost certainly that's what Patreon are relying on. It's not like they have gone on a big banning spree or have overhauled their rules.

They've targeted and shut down specific individuals. They've even went as far as to reassure other creators that they are not in danger because this was an action taken against those individuals based on who they are.

It's wild when you think about it. Sargon of Akkad went from some guy responding to Anita Sarkeesian on 21 June 2013 to being shut down by fucking Mastercard 5 and a half years later.

That first video still only has 41k views (on a channel with a total of 257,018,145 views) and, I think quite interestingly, that video was posted a full 14 months before the term "GamerGate" was even coined.

I was thinking it's possible that they just fear him. Like this was once a dude with a terrible audio set up getting a few views on obscure topics. It's not just that he grew his own channel but think of all the other channels that have come up since Sargon started going in 2013.

It has been interesting to see how other creators are losing money based on Sargons termination. Like that crossover of audience is really interesting. I wonder to what extent the existence of Sargon has helped those other channels to grow and build themselves up.

There are channels on the left and the right that have sometimes felt like they were entirely dedicated to commentary on Sargon of Akkad. It's kind of an impressive achievement in a way.

Does anyone here even think Sargon is actually all that controversial though?

May 22, 2018
Patreon will care when 50% of their revenue goes down the shitter in the coming months.
Somehow I really doubt that "50%" comes from the kind of people who are gonna boycott them over this. If they take a hit at all I think it will be more along the lines of 5% to MAYBE 10%. But no way are they gonna lose 50%. They gained alot of fans as well due to their decision so that is gonna mitigate any potential damage as well.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2013
Somehow I really doubt that "50%" comes from the kind of people who are gonna boycott them over this. If they take a hit at all I think it will be more along the lines of 5% to MAYBE 10%. But no way are they gonna lose 50%. They gained alot of fans as well due to their decision so that is gonna mitigate any potential damage as well.
This will be explained as "It must be Soros money keeping them afloat" rather then admitting the boycott has little effect.

May 22, 2018
This will be explained as "It must be Soros money keeping them afloat" rather then admitting the boycott has little effect.
That is actually pretty true. Not sure they will blame Soros exactly, but they will find someway of downplaying the fact the boycott won't work out the way they think.

They do it everytime. Remember when Nike was gonna crash because of Kap advertising? lol

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018
Growth in viable competition is what dents revenue growth and eventually sees revenues collapse. Patreon has set the stage for an easy exodus once alternate platforms are up and running. Why take the risk on patreon? There are hundreds of youtubers with 'risky' content currently relying on patreon.

Oct 2, 2018
That is actually pretty true. Not sure they will blame Soros exactly, but they will find someway of downplaying the fact the boycott won't work out the way they think.

They do it everytime. Remember when Nike was gonna crash because of Kap advertising? lol
I think that is kind of a misrepresentation of what people are saying to be honest.

It's also not really representative of what people hope to achieve with a boycott.

Even if Patreon takes a 10% hit there will be investors etc asking "why are we down compared to last year, we want to increase revenues and profits, not decrease", This could have a knock on effect of changing Patreons policies or even have then learning from their mistakes.

OK, if there are people out there thinking it will utterly destroy the company and force them to close then that is surely unrealistic. Most people will understand that a boycott is simply not giving your money to company to hopefully send them a message.

Even if the Sargon thing costs them 5% to 10% there will be people within the company who will "get the message".

Patreon themselves are showing this already with their actions. If they truly weren't all that bothered then why were they reaching out to creators to reassure them?

Looking at the Battlefield V thread and it appears that BFV sold 1.4M in it's first week. Compare this to 2.8M for BF1. Now, 1.4M games sold is still a fair chunk of cash BUT at the end of the day EA/Dice will have to explain to whoever has a stake in the company why they money is almost cut in half this time around. This will be especially tough for them if investors etc are aware that one of the devs basically told customers "buy it or don't buy it, I don't care".

Same with things like The Last Jedi where it makes like 1.3 billion worldwide compared to The Force Awakens 2.1 billion. Some pretty powerful people are going to be asking "where the hell is the other 800 million that we made last time". That 800 million is the voice of the unhappy fans, in my opinion, and it will be heard at the top levels for sure.

I am sure that if Patreon are losing money in such a widely publicized way then people within the company will be thinking "we need to fix this ASAP" and people outside the company will be thinking "this is an opportunity for us". So in that way the boycott could be successful.

As usual it's the same old "all or nothing" crap from disingenuous people like yourself who sit on the sidelines and "lol" as the strawman you've created fails. Nike might not crash but if there's a big red negative number in their reports at the end of the year and that is obviously linked to their "political" activities then the company may well decide to steer clear of that kind of thing in the future.

Nike didn't go bankrupt though so LOL at the people boycotting, right?

I get it, some of the people boycotting Company X will expect the company to burn to the ground. Those people are naive. OK. The majority though will understand that they are acting on principal and sending a message. It will take time to figure out if the message was received.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2004
Growth in viable competition is what dents revenue growth and eventually sees revenues collapse. Patreon has set the stage for an easy exodus once alternate platforms are up and running. Why take the risk on patreon? There are hundreds of youtubers with 'risky' content currently relying on patreon.
Why would someone leave Patrion for another service that’s going to be overflowing with overtly racist white nationalists? Whatever shows up in its place is not going to be filled with Jordan Petersons and Sargons. It’s going to attract Stormfront and 4chan trolls,

Just take a look at Gab.

Feb 22, 2018
Why would someone leave Patrion for another service that’s going to be overflowing with overtly racist white nationalists? Whatever shows up in its place is not going to be filled with Jordan Petersons and Sargons. It’s going to attract Stormfront and 4chan trolls,

Just take a look at Gab.
This isn't a real thing. Recall sargon didn't break ANY Patreon rules, yet he was terminated from Patreon.

More accurate query: 'Why would someone leave Patreon for another service that holds zero risk for banning them on ideological grounds"

The answer is; they would. They would leave patreon in droves.

Oct 2, 2018

Just take a look at Gab.
Yup. It's kind of genius when you think about it (at least it would be if I thought they did it on purpose).

Imagine there is a town with only one restaurant. Used to be that everyone in town went there to eat. The management very reasonably start banning truly awful people from the restaurant. Creating a sub-group of nasty individuals on the lookout for a place to eat.

After a while though the management start banning people for other reasons. Someone laughed at the managers accent, someone voted for the wrong political candidate, someone dropped the soup ladle during the lunch service.

Eventually, the group of banned individuals looking for a place to eat also contains a lot of decent folks who maybe said to much or were naive or who were just making a joke.

Finally, a new restaurant opens in town and of course EVERYONE, the good and the bad, who was looking for a place to eat, shows up for the grand opening.
Then the authorities shut it down.

So there's only one restaurant in town and there can only ever be one restaurant in town. Let's just hope they don't find a reason to ban me or you next.

It's so clever really. Nobody is going to argue with banning white supremacists etc. Of course not.
Then you can use those kind of trolls to make sure no competitor can ever really get going because "it's full of the people we already condemned so shut it down".
Then every time someone speaks up against you or challenges you in some way there's an well defined process already in place for getting rid of them and making sure they can't come back.

I think this is why the basic principal of freedom of speech is so important.
There are downsides for sure but if you try to control speech then IF corruption creeps in you've created a system that is built for persecution and oppression.

I think it comes down to a choice between two core beliefs.

Do people think it's preferable for 100 criminals to walk free than to have one innocent person wrongfully imprisoned.
Or do they think say, for every 1,000 criminals in prison, 1 innocent person is acceptable collateral damage.

My concern would be that, while we are currently building the infrastructure that ensures extremists are shut out and never allowed to come back, this infrastructure can be used against people that maybe shouldn't be treated like that.

Imagine giving the "Pewdiepie and Joe Rogan are Nazis" people the power to ban "Nazis" from public life or to prevent these "Nazis" from having access to housing or money or whatever. This is surely not a situation we'd ever hope to find ourselves in?

I've said before that I think what Sargon said was incredibly dumb but I also feel like the guy has no PR or media experience and so maybe that can be considered. For sure he is not alt-right or white nationalist etc so why would he be treated like he is.

Jul 12, 2004
This isn't a real thing. Recall sargon didn't break ANY Patreon rules, yet he was terminated from Patreon.

More accurate query: 'Why would someone leave Patreon for another service that holds zero risk for banning them on ideological grounds"

The answer is; they would. They would leave patreon in droves.
Then why is Gab such a nightmare? Honestly? Why haven't people abandoned Twitter in droves for Gab?

Gab is the real world test of your theory. Twitter bans people for "wrongthink" and Gab is a feature parity clone. Why isn't Gab more popular than Twitter?

May 17, 2012
Canada
Then why is Gab such a nightmare? Honestly? Why haven't people abandoned Twitter in droves for Gab?

Gab is the real world test of your theory. Twitter bans people for "wrongthink" and Gab is a feature parity clone. Why isn't Gab more popular than Twitter?
Because it was effectively linked to the alt-right boogeyman almost immediately. Also there isn't some phenomena that I am aware of that would make an overwhelmingly dominant market leader suddenly become less popular overnight. The time it would take for an alternative to overtake is much longer than the time it takes the usual hit piece machine to smear the competitor into the ground. Also the number of banned people does not outweigh the number of active users on Twitter. We aren't even close to that tipping point for your phony gotcha scenario to play out like you suggest.

Now people will attempt to move to patreon alternatives because unlike Twitter which only enables people to mouth off on the internet with no other purpose, crowdfunding is actually allowing people to mouth off on the internet and get paid for it. Twitter has been a net loss to society, at least crowdfunding is allowing people to support others ideas, beliefs, etc.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018
"It started with a Kotaku in Action thread, which notes that a death metal/black metal record label has shut down in the wake of PayPal pulling out support for processing purchases, along with the creditors at Visa and MasterCard because the company was labeled as “high risk”, “promoting hatred”, “promoting violence”, and “promoting hate speech”. In the case of Elegy Records, a label that hosted all sorts of death metal music since 1996, their closure comes from the inability to sign with a normal credit processor due to being “high-risk”. There are also high-risk credit processors, but it’s expensive, unreliable, and comes with no guarantees, which makes it untenable for most normal businesses. "

"In recent unsealed documents from the Operation Choke Point initiative, it was the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation officials who were determining who credit processors and banking institutions could do business with within the United States, or who U.S., based payment processors could allow to use their services internationally.

Forbes published an article on November 4th, 2018 detailing how the FDIC officials strong-armed banks into cutting off financial opportunities for businesses in order to get them to shut down, even if the businesses were completely legitimate."

"On the upside, Republican Representative Blaine Luetkemeyer has been at the forefront of trying to get the lasting effects of Operation Choke Point shut down.
Representative Luetkemeyer is attempting to overturn the rather drastic effects that Operation Choke Point has had on American businesses with a counter-bill called the Financial Institution Customer Protection Act of 2017, or H.R. 2706. Essentially the bill would force banks and payment processors to give ample and valid reasons for cutting off payment to businesses and it can’t be for “reputation risk”.
It was voted on with almost unanimous bipartisan support from both Republicans and Democrats. Unfortunately, the bill has been stuck in bureaucratic purgatory as it awaits referral approval from the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs. It’s been waiting for said approval since December 12th, 2017 according to the last update over on Congress.gov. "

Well there you have it sjw fools are basically useful idiots to the gov and payment processors who then uses their "outrage over hate speech" to shutdown whatever they want, all those lefty fools cheering for gab and co to get fucked geee how does it look now? Still cheering?

Last edited:

ArchaeEnkidu

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
The grand poobah of Incel speaks.
You really shouldn't speak that poorly of yourself, mate.

Facebook didn't dethrone Myspace in a day.

Jan 12, 2009
You really shouldn't speak that poorly of yourself, mate.

Facebook didn't dethrone Myspace in a day.
Gab is niche, it will never be Twitter. It's for people who are mad about sexism, racism and other affiliated censorship.

That's niche. Plus they need attention, so they are better off being more crafty on Twitter.

Gab is for venting in an echo chamber, and building up your confidence against those who oppose you. Then you go back to Twitter.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
"Oh, just use another platform lol
But those people that use other platforms, just by association, I'm going to belittle and ridicule and inject lots of emotion into my prejudice of them.
Yeah, but they can use another platform lol, but if they do, it's just an echo chamber.
What's the big deal?"

This neat little bit of circular logic is all driven by confirmation bias and intolerance.
The irony of endorsing deplatforming and then following up with labelling other platforms as echo-chambers shows just how one-sided these people want the discussion to be.

The turkeys are confidently voting for Christmas.
After all, it's only January so why worry about what's going to happen in the future?
Gobble gobble gobble!

Last edited:

OSC

Jun 16, 2018
subscribestar is a temporary solution gab is working on their own payment system until then its gab,mind and subcsribestar instead of patron and twitter.
charities are even refusing funds from supposed 'alt-right' audiences. Fungibility, anonymity of transaction history, is of utmost importance.

We need hope something like monero or some other crypto with fungibility increases ease of use, and hardware wallet support. Even coinbase is starting to thought police. We need anonymity of supporters, and anonymity of funding sources and quantity so that it is unblockable and uncensorable.
Gab is niche, it will never be Twitter. It's for people who are mad about sexism, racism and other affiliated censorship.

That's niche. Plus they need attention, so they are better off being more crafty on Twitter.

Gab is for venting in an echo chamber, and building up your confidence against those who oppose you. Then you go back to Twitter.
The law needs to change if twitter is going to allow leftist hate speech to run rampant and even calls to hang or kill particular christian individuals, they need to be penalized severely.

They are exercising editorial control, and unfair biased policing, they need to be put in their place. Only free speech alternatives should have actual legal immunities for content posted. Tumbler, Facebook, google, bing, twitter, etc should be held liable for pro terrorist pro isis content as well as cp hosting if they are going to be biased and hunt down free speech and try to be a thought police

Without the immunities they're legally baked, and their business models become untenable the whole lot goes broke if the law is fixed.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018

When did you become a mind reader and fortune teller? You are talking bullshit.

Apr 19, 2018
Someone smart said that nice car, huge house and glass building for a workplace is pretty poor line of defense when mob goes after you.

If companies want to play politics with people then people should play back politics at them.
You can't eat the cake and have a cake.

MasterCard wants to play judge and jury ? Then people should go and block their HQ.
Do what left wing is doing right now. Their CEO eats a lunch ? Go into restaurant and protest.
Protest before his villa. Protest their shit. Same with Patreon, youtube and any other place that thinks playing politics is one way street.

I doubt their moral virtue signaling is enough to not bluescreen when they will see people with pitchforks before their workplace protesting them. I doubt their sponsors putting up ads would also love to get into this.

Cute. There are business that are regulated and some that are not. Facebook/Twitter/etc. are not. So, yes they have right to kick ANTIFA out of their platform if they want to.
Cute. And 500 years ago i could catch and sell you legally if i want.
Whole point why mentioned by you rules exist is precisely so that things like what is happening right now can't happen.

Imagine those rules didn't exist.
Like to support gay rights ? No electricity for you mate.
Like to protest exxon drilling ? Nope we don't support hippies like you, no internet for you.
Oh i saw you with black lives matter. No phone for you sorry.

You know which system operated like that ?
Starts with N ends with M.

Last edited:

ArchaeEnkidu

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
because twitter isnt a lefty echo chamber at all is it? :messenger_grinning_squinting:
Depends on who you follow. I follow a good number of right leaning and left leaning (as well as moderate) sources. I see plenty of folks in all camps.

Someone smart said that nice car, huge house and glass building for a workplace is pretty poor line of defense when mob goes after you.

If companies want to play politics with people then people should play back politics at them.
You can't eat the cake and have a cake.

MasterCard wants to play judge and jury ? Then people should go and block their HQ.
Do what left wing is doing right now. Their CEO eats a lunch ? Go into restaurant and protest.
Protest before his villa. Protest their shit. Same with Patreon, youtube and any other place that thinks playing politics is one way street.

I doubt their moral virtue signaling is enough to not bluescreen when they will see people with pitchforks before their workplace protesting them. I doubt their sponsors putting up ads would also love to get into this.

Cute. And 500 years ago i could catch and sell you legally if i want.
Whole point why mentioned by you rules exist is precisely so that things like what is happening right now can't happen.

Imagine those rules didn't exist.
Like to support gay rights ? No electricity for you mate.
Like to protest exxon drilling ? Nope we don't support hippies like you, no internet for you.
Oh i saw you with black lives matter. No phone for you sorry.

You know which system operated like that ?
Starts with N ends with M.
I may be misreading, but are you genuinely defending ANTIFA of all people?

Apr 19, 2018
The quote where Sapien was stating they had every right to kick out ANTIFA. Seemed like you were defending them. Again, may have been misread.
Ah i get this. Yes electric company should not have right to remove their services to them as much i don't like them.
This is not a manner of who you like or who you don't like. It is matter of principle you follow in life.

Civilized society already has system of punishment called courts. If Antifa brakes people heads then they should be prosecuted period, if they don't then people should move on.

ArchaeEnkidu

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
Ah i get this. Yes electric company should not have right to remove their services to them as much i don't like them.
This is not a manner of who you like or who you don't like. It is matter of principle you follow in life.

Civilized society already has system of punishment called courts. If Antifa brakes people heads then they should be prosecuted period, if they don't then people should move on.
Gotcha, now I get where you are coming from. Apologies for the confusion.