• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunavi

Banned
xxTdiFs.jpg
Fuck

Dryk

I'm really upset over this. I've been critical of the man's business strategy for a while now, but all through that, I wanted him to be right, because I respect his vision for the industry. He stood up for his values about what gaming should be instead of chasing the quick buck and looked out for his employees. He's played a major role in shaping the medium. He was a man of integrity.
See that's the thing. The most major criticism of the man boils down to him being a CEO that was too naive and idealistic about the modern market. As character flaws go that's a pretty damn good one.

wrowa

I'm speechless. This was the last thing I expected when I took the obligatory look at my smartphone when I woke up. I'm devastated. Rest in Peace, Mr Iwata.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Geez. I just happened to glance over my wife's shoulder at her Facebook page and saw the news on her wall. Though it was somebody thinking they're being funny. I wish I had been right. I've been out of the gaming loop lately...Not exactly the news story I wanted to return with.

Miyamoto is not suited at all for a CEO position, at least from his profile. I think the one who is going to be interim CEO until the next shareholder reunion (something I expect pretty soon) is Mr. Kimishima

I think as its miyamotos duty to do it. i remember when yamauchi presented iwata as the successor. people where like "why not miyamoto?". Iwata was largely unknown then.

miyamoto has been he face and the symbol of nintendo since 1985. unlike in 2002 when iwata took over miyamoto has been a senior corporate guy (and not director) for quite spme time now.

I dont say miyamoto can replace iwata. He has became such a symbol since 2002. However i can really feel that everyone at nintendo might be devestated now since such a huge figure in their corporate identity has hone now. Miyamoto would be someone who may lead those people in such difficult times.

ChrisD

Now this hurts more than any other pictures I've seen. Brawlinthefamily is such a big thing to me, and to think it wouldn't EXIST without Iwata.

My dad is 55. I would never expect him to go. So many things are hitting me hours after the fact. This man has had a part in a lot more of my life than I initially thought when the news dropped. I don't think I'm going to feel "okay" (read: acceptance) with this death for the next week.

I think as its miyamotos duty to do it. i remember when yamauchi presented iwata as the successor. people where like "why not miyamoto?". Iwata was largely unknown then.

miyamoto has been he face and the symbol of nintendo since 1985. unlike in 2002 when iwata took over miyamoto has been a senior corporate guy (and not director) for quite spme time now.

I dont say miyamoto can replace iwata. He has became such a symbol since 2002. However i can really feel that everyone at nintendo might be devestated now since such a huge figure in their corporate identity has hone now. Miyamoto would be someone who may lead those people in such difficult times.

Well he's serving as interim CEO with Takeda.

I don't think he's a good fit for permanent CEO, and it seems he is close to retiring, anyway. But he's doing what you're suggesting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom