• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saudi Arabian Prince acquires $1 Billion of Embracer Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

//DEVIL//

An extremely religious nation, having the second biggest vote weight in the company, might cause some strange artistic decisions in future games.
Trust me, they are much better as a country in terms of opening to art direction no matter how revealing it's compared to the woke and ugly Sony is now.

Maybe in the past I would have agreed with you. But now ? I am happy its them and not some woke ass shit company

Last edited:
Lol. That commentary at a time when Saudi Arabia is beating records in death sentences and executions...
Just on 2021 they double the death sentences from previous years.
I don't know desu. It seems pretty easy not to get stoned to death in Saudi Arabi. You could always just follow the rules.

BO HAZEEEEEEEEEM!

HdhqznK.gif

Fredrik

One person won’t have any power to control what content the games should have, that’s not how things work. He’s doing it for the money, seeing growth potential, like many other investors, including myself.

Fahdis

This is a bit concerning...
Finally someone who fucking gets it. Anything that infringes on the creative aspect of an inherently creative medium should be met with skepticism.
they are typically consistent in their hierarchy of victimhood/

Black > LGBTQ+ > female > islam (when it can be pitted against West ideas)
I don't want this cunt anywhere near my favourite hobby. I was mortified when rumors were going around about the possibility of a takeover of Man United FC, a football club I supported for 25 years.

Stoned for being gay and arrested for having alcohol - how would you describe it?
Don't forget beheading a journalist because you just don't like them 🥴

Salaam Brothers,

Me and the Sharia Police have decided because of your fear mongering that Every female protagonist will be wearing a Burkah and customization options will come in the context of Color Choice; Ninja Black/Satin Black and Black Black. Men must wear the Thobe for decency and lower their gaze when encountering a female NPC in any game. Wallah Akhi, you will be lashed otherwise.

During the time of prayers, your games will automatically shut off and the Adhan will blast out from your consoles and PC's so you are forced to understand that prayers are mandatory. During Fridays, your consoles will turn off permanently until absolution and their must be a Halal Goat sacrifice for you to play further. Further fasting must take place so you can understand the sacrifice devs make to give you these wonderful adventures.

Beheadings and Stonning will happen every Friday in the time square of your favorite games by 2 PM for any violations. Your favorite character's execution will be witnessed in by live twitch streamers and by millions of people around the world as your crimes of being gay/trans will be called out or supporting said people will be called out. Chat will be enabled.

Insha Allah, this will make sure that you are completely subjugated by Islam and never have to politicize gaming because we will all be one Ummah.

Your western thought process which is superior will suffer no more mass shootings, invading countries for resources, colonialism, corporate slavery, nuking lesser nations, installing puppet regimes, racism, cartel banking from the IMF or the World Bank, subjugation through poverty exploitation, proxy wars, crusades or bitches like Anita Sarkeesian ever again while your compatriots live in places like Dubai because it is very civilized. We will make sure to also end your reliance on China for your products.

Thank you Brothers,
Your Conversion will be complete someday,
Walaikum Salaam.

P.S. Anyone found drinking Alcohol or eating Pork will be thrown into the desert, will be stung a 1000 times by scorpions, given a 1000 bites by snakes to complete the 1000 Arabian Nights torture death.

Tl:dr you guys should be somewhat diligent of yourselves and really question your narrative made by the media for you (some of you I read and like your posts all the time because you're likeable people) of what you are taught and what you know. Get educated in Geo-Politics and perhaps go travelling or meet some real Muslims. Btw, Saudi (but not its citizens but rulers - thanks Banjo64 Banjo64 for correcting me) is a shit country even by Muslim standards but some posts really do generalize all of us together.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Stoned for being gay and arrested for having alcohol - how would you describe it?

Nope. Stoning, to be even a thing, you must come forward to the government and without being forced to and say you had fornication (vaginal) and you are married or have been married. Or (extremely impossible) to have 4 legit, relatively religious witnesses seeing your dick gone beyond the tip inside her vagina and all have the same story or they get 80 lashes for reputation tarnishing. If she is/were married she gets stoned as well, but for someone who never got married it's 80 lashes. From a logical point it's impossible to govern it unless you go have sex in public roads/parks. Cameras can't be used as well due to editing manipulation. What is happening in Afghanistan and some other extremist countries isn't liable. Also no country now has that. Well, lashes as well shouldn't be severe, meaning your arm shouldn't raise beyond 90 degree to avoid lethal force. But if you wanna be gay here no one gives a shit unless you wanna preach it then you'll be thrown in jail for like a week or something before being presented to court.

Why so extreme (stoning)? Not sure about the social bonds in the western world, but being born as a bastard is extremely devastating here in our tribal system. You live through constant torture for generations and no one from most respected tribes would let you get married to their women. You are not allowed to inherit your biological father's name nor his wealth and only named after your mother or get a fictional name to cover up your unknown origins, even if your father and mother got married after.

Last edited:

PSbigfan

Neo Member
It's like you can't walk naked in the street in your country or drink alcohol under 21,It's the law.
You can be gay or drink alcohol in your home.
do have problems with laws .I don't and I'm living in EU and respect their laws.
So you must respect their laws.

Kokoloko85

"Saudi Arabia Has acquired 51% of Capcom/Kadokawa/Square Enix/etc....."

I wonder when will we see headline like this in the future.

This sucks. I dont want any goverment of big company owning my beloved video game publishers..
We were totally doing fine recently not like these studios were suffering big time

Kokoloko85

Plus bin salaam had that journalist killed. He's an evil piece of shit. Not that I bought snk products before but I won't now.

Welcome to the world. You dont think western countries have killed journalists? Western countries plant ”revolutions” decades in advance lol
They all suck.

The only reason you know about the Bin Salaam journalist being killed is because the western media wants you to know. They’ve turned a blind eye to thousands being killed before. They all suck ass as much as each other

Kataploom

Gold Member
Why is this allowed? No politicians should be allowed to buy stocks while on the position, it's shady af

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
except in their world, gay and/or female character projects trump their normal pro-Islam/anti-West stance.,
Actually, that's when they tie themselves in knots. You never once hear a peep about the rooftop hangtime challenge out of them.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
They're religious posers. It's all about power. Religion is just a facade.

I take it you're unfamiliat with Dubai porta pottiea? Not very religious, is it?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Welcome to the world. You dont think western countries have killed journalists? Western countries plant ”revolutions” decades in advance lol
They all suck.

Last I checked western countries weren’t buying videogame developers, or investing in publishers.

K2D

Banned
I see a future where dev tools is controlled by a select few with deep ties to publishers, having monopoly control over (anything other than indie) game development (remember, monopoly could still be a threat even if there are a few options globally) and the prevalence of predatory monetization towards gamers.

With the right (read:wrong) people at the board of directors, I see no reason why they could not drive cost up for both dev studios and consumers alike.

Shifty1897

As for the claims of USA ordering the killing of a journalist, I haven't seen or heard any evidence of that in recent history. Heck, Edward Snowden very clearly committed treason (whether or not it is morally justified is up to you) and is very much alive.

Who here sold their stock? Embracer is really cheap right now. Prolly was seen as a good deal. I might try to drop twenty bucks and see if it triples back to where it was this time last year.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Salaam Brothers,

Me and the Sharia Police have decided because of your fear mongering that Every female protagonist will be wearing a Burkah and customization options will come in the context of Color Choice; Ninja Black/Satin Black and Black Black. Men must wear the Thobe for decency and lower their gaze when encountering a female NPC in any game. Wallah Akhi, you will be lashed otherwise.

During the time of prayers, your games will automatically shut off and the Adhan will blast out from your consoles and PC's so you are forced to understand that prayers are mandatory. During Fridays, your consoles will turn off permanently until absolution and their must be a Halal Goat sacrifice for you to play further. Further fasting must take place so you can understand the sacrifice devs make to give you these wonderful adventures.

Beheadings and Stonning will happen every Friday in the time square of your favorite games by 2 PM for any violations. Your favorite character's execution will be witnessed in by live twitch streamers and by millions of people around the world as your crimes of being gay/trans will be called out or supporting said people will be called out. Chat will be enabled.

Insha Allah, this will make sure that you are completely subjugated by Islam and never have to politicize gaming because we will all be one Ummah.

Your western thought process which is superior will suffer no more mass shootings, invading countries for resources, colonialism, corporate slavery, nuking lesser nations, installing puppet regimes, racism, cartel banking from the IMF or the World Bank, subjugation through poverty exploitation, proxy wars, crusades or bitches like Anita Sarkeesian ever again while your compatriots live in places like Dubai because it is very civilized. We will make sure to also end your reliance on China for your products.

Thank you Brothers,
Your Conversion will be complete someday,
Walaikum Salaam.

P.S. Anyone found drinking Alcohol or eating Pork will be thrown into the desert, will be stung a 1000 times by scorpions, given a 1000 bites by snakes to complete the 1000 Arabian Nights torture death.

Tl:dr you guys should be somewhat diligent of yourselves and really question your narrative made by the media for you (some of you I read and like your posts all the time because you're likeable people) of what you are taught and what you know. Get educated in Geo-Politics and perhaps go travelling or meet some real Muslims. Btw, Saudi is a shit country even by Muslim standards but some posts really do generalize all of us together.
This is genuinely a very good and humorous reply so thank you. Just want to highlight that I’m definitely not generalising all Muslims, or even the citizens of Saudi Arabia.

Btw, Saudi is a shit country even by Muslim standards but some posts really do generalize all of us together.

Nope. Stoning, to be even a thing, you must come forward to the government and without being forced to and say you had fornication (vaginal) and you are married or have been married. Or (extremely impossible) to have 4 legit, relatively religious witnesses seeing your dick gone beyond the tip inside her vagina and all have the same story or they get 80 lashes for reputation tarnishing. If she is/were married she gets stoned as well, but for someone who never got married it's 80 lashes. From a logical point it's impossible to govern it unless you go have sex in public roads/parks. Cameras can't be used as well due to editing manipulation. What is happening in Afghanistan and some other extremist countries isn't liable. Also no country now has that. Well, lashes as well shouldn't be severe, meaning your arm shouldn't raise beyond 90 degree to avoid lethal force. But if you wanna be gay here no one gives a shit unless you wanna preach it then you'll be thrown in jail for like a week or something before being presented to court.

Why so extreme (stoning)? Not sure about the social bonds in the western world, but being born as a bastard is extremely devastating here in our tribal system. You live through constant torture for generations and no one from most respected tribes would let you get married to their women. You are not allowed to inherit your biological father's name nor his wealth and only named after your mother or get a fictional name to cover up your unknown origins, even if your father and mother got married after.
Thank you for the thoughtful and informative reply Bo, I shouldn’t have repeated tropes that I’ve seen online without doing some research myself first (y)

Jinzo Prime

Saudi Arabia has been making a lot of big moves in the entertainment industry as of late, like the LIV Golf controversy, buying 5% of Nintendo, buying all of SNK, and now buying 8% of Embracer. I don't know if it is a good thing or not yet, but we are now more dependent than ever on them because of our geopolitical situation. Hope everything gets better for all involved, but we have made this bed and now must lie in it.

Lunarorbit

They all suck.

The only reason you know about the Bin Salaam journalist being killed is because the western media wants you to know. They’ve turned a blind eye to thousands being killed before. They all suck ass as much as each other
Hahahahahaa. Really we doing moral high ground about this? Yeah I totally understand the US has done a ton of shady shit but I'm trying to stay on point. Bin Salam can get fucked. The US govt doesn't do a lot of promotion or purchasing of video game companies.

The dod has had developers create content for them but it's not directed investment or ownership.

An extremely religious nation, having the second biggest vote weight in the company, might cause some strange artistic decisions in future games.
You mean how GAF likes to moan about Abby in the TLOU being a bit butch so the game is being super woke or Ellie mentioning shes a lesbian and pushing an godless agenda?

Fahdis

This is genuinely a very good and humorous reply so thank you. Just want to highlight that I’m definitely not generalising all Muslims, or even the citizens of Saudi Arabia.

Btw, Saudi is a shit country even by Muslim standards but some posts really do generalize all of us together.

Thank you for the thoughtful and informative reply Bo, I shouldn’t have repeated tropes that I’ve seen online without doing some research myself first (y)

Let me fix that last sentence I forgot to add. The citizens are good people but indoctrinated by their "monarchs" which aren't even allowed in Islam. My bad. I still have to do the Hajj bro, they won't let me in 😵

FukuDaruma

He knows how to party

and dismember his enemies

but I may be saying too much already...

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Hahahahahaa. Really we doing moral high ground about this? Yeah I totally understand the US has done a ton of shady shit but I'm trying to stay on point. Bin Salam can get fucked. The US govt doesn't do a lot of promotion or purchasing of video game companies.

The dod has had developers create content for them but it's not directed investment or ownership.

Its not about moral high ground, I dont like the guy or any government or big company owning game studios.

I dont care about him, or care to defend him. He can get fucked. Its just everyone is fixtated on this journalist and its a joke compared what previous saudi “king”/ “Princes”government were doing and other governments all over the world. Its just he’s made some changes and the old hats dont like it, thats why you hear about it. Happened so many times

Last edited:

Amiga

all your games are belong to us

many of us would say it exactly like that :messenger_beaming:

"We were living a normal life like the rest of the Gulf countries, women were driving cars, there were movie theatres in Saudi Arabia."

"We were" is the key phrase. A lot of this games and sports investment is to get the local culture attention off cult mongers influences.

KXVXII9X

It's like you can't walk naked in the street in your country or drink alcohol under 21,It's the law.
You can be gay or drink alcohol in your home.
do have problems with laws .I don't and I'm living in EU and respect their laws.
So you must respect their laws.
I don't even know what to make of this comment. People from those countries who are gay have no choice but to hide a part of them that they cannot change because it is something innate. They should be stoned just for being born a certain way? It is inhumane.

John Wick

As for the claims of USA ordering the killing of a journalist, I haven't seen or heard any evidence of that in recent history. Heck, Edward Snowden very clearly committed treason (whether or not it is morally justified is up to you) and is very much alive.
Fuck me are you so naive? Do you really think the US hasn't killed or murdered people they wanted out the way?
Bin Salmans problem was he should of hired someone competent to do the job. Amateur stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom