• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saudi Influence in US universities

Panda1

Jan 12, 2010

I alawys wondered why students did not critize Saudi more, and as I previously posted, the influence of foreign donors and lobbying is the main influence in American poltics, not any particular ideological (left or right)

Gunztrix

Mar 14, 2012

I alawys wondered why students did not critize Saudi more, and as I previously posted, the influence of foreign donors and lobbying is the main influence in American poltics, not any particular ideological (left or right)
The article is detailing how top universities are taking money from saudia Arabia. So I'm confused how you got that students don't criticize saudia arabia. The article even states that students took part a protest, got a petition with 4000 signature to have the invitation of the Saudi king widthdrawn which M.I.T ignored.

I do agree with you that we should protect our educational structure from external influences such as lobbying and donations.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2007
Saudis should invest this money in their own education system.
A friend of mine recently finished a PhD in medicine. She said there were a few people from Saudi Arabia on the course who basically didn't have to do anything and had their work done for them by their supervisors. The university was being paid huge amounts of money per student. There's apparently some ranking system for countries health care and having a certain number of doctors accredited by universities of a particular level gets you up to a particular tier. One of the people on the course had their funding removed because their father became a critic of the government. So they couldn't continue the course and had to return home.

joombo

Aug 20, 2018
I don't see anything wrong with that. I also study abroad and I think it's certainly ok to study where you want. At first it wasn't easy and I often applied to writing services for help. I found reviews on https://paidpaper.net/papersowl-com-review/ to find the best one. But with the time my English got better.

Last edited: