• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Save 5€ when paying 20+€ in the eShop with Paypal

Strange that it's so hit and miss.....

Are you guys adding the offer to your PayPal wallets before linking and adding the funds?

(Honest question, not trying to sound like a jerk.)

How do you do that? I can't find or see it anywhere. Honest answer. Everything I've seen just says link the account and buy, which hasn't worked.

-shadow-

Strange that it's so hit and miss.....

Are you guys adding the offer to your PayPal wallets before linking and adding the funds?

(Honest question, not trying to sound like a jerk.)
Just did it and got the discount, PayPal was already linked to my Nintendo Account. I just opened the page in the OP, applied it and added €20 to my account on the Switch. It was applied straight away.

lbs.

How do you do that? I can't find or see it anywhere. Honest answer. Everything I've seen just says link the account and buy, which hasn't worked.

The link in the OP has a "save your offer" (or some equivalent) button you need to click on.
Sign in to PayPal, click on the button in the link..... and I can't remember what the next step is but I'm sure it tells you how to save it to your PayPal wallet.

Then link eShop/PayPal, if not already linked, and add funds.

ilium

This only works if I link my PayPal to my Nintendo acc right? How do I do that on 3DS I can't find the option?!

Or can I just get 20€ from PayPal directly?

69wpm

Worked for me. Here are some clear instructions:

1. Go to accounts.nintendo.com and change your region to Germany*.
  2. Log into the eShop on your Nintendo Switch and enter your password (it will ask you to do so)*.
  3. Go to the PayPal offer site and click on Gutschein speichern; you will be asked to log into your PP account.
  4. Click on your profile icon in the top right in the eShop on your Switch.
  5. Click Guthaben hinzufügen in the top right.
  6. Click on the PayPal logo (third option).
  7. It will ask you to send an email to your address linked to the Nintendo account.
  8. Click on the url in the email, log into your PayPal account and link that one with your Nintendo Account.
  9. Return to your Switch, click on the PayPal logo again.
  10. Choose 20€.
  11. Enter your password.
  12. Done.

IMPORTANT: Don't switch your account region until you spend all 20 Euros or you'll loose them.

*The first two steps might be optional. If you want to be sure, change the region to Germany, but it might work with any other EU region.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
The strange thing is that I still see the offer in my pp account ready to be used by the still doesn't work

Ninja Dom

Never worked for me. UK.

First I linked my Switch to my Paypal.

Then I went to the link in the OP and added the offer to my wallet.

Went to the eShop on the Switch and purchased £20 credit and paid with PayPal.

I still got charged £20 and the offer is still in my wallet.

Now I've put it in my wallet (helpful if it was clear, whoever posted the link thank you), now can I buy £40's worth for £30? Scared to use this after being charged £20 earlier. Such a hash.

Ladekabel

Now I've put it in my wallet (helpful if it was clear, whoever posted the link thank you), now can I buy £40's worth for £30? Scared to use this after being charged £20 earlier. Such a hash.

No. If you buy 40€ you'll pay 35€ if it would be working.

Inotti

Can this be done multiple times?

I did this twice. I made new paypal account that is set to germany (just in case) and then changed my eshop region to Germany as well. Linked my paypal account to Nintendo and added 20€ to my wallet and got 5€ off. Then I unlinked that paypal account and made a second paypal account and same thing all over again and got other 5€ off from 20€. Now there is 40€ in my wallet and I paid 30€ :D Just remember to add that offer to your paypal account before buying that 20€.

I was also successfully able to change eshop region back to Finland and was still able to keep my funds.

Inotti

Worked for me. Here are some clear instructions:

IMPORTANT: Don’t switch your account region until you spend all 20 Euros or you’ll loose them.

I changed my my account region back to Finland and was able to keep the funds. Maybe it's because we have same currency? :D

daxy

Yeah, as expected, I got an email back from PayPal claiming that it didn't work because the offer is only for German residents, and for this reason they won't issue a 5 EUR refund.

Inotti

Yeah, as expected, I got an email back from PayPal claiming that it didn't work because the offer is only for German residents, and for this reason they won't issue a 5 EUR refund.

Yes, I think you need to have both accounts (paypal and eshop) set to Germany for this to work. I wasn't even able to add that coupon to my Finnish paypal account it just gave me an error.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
My issue probably comes from the fact I have multipke eshop accounts. From the offer description on the paypal site, there's a link to the mynintendo account page. This link opens my Japanese account. So I should try later today to buy it, from my japanese eshop.

Just tried this from spain, didn't work. Offer appeared correctly, ready to use in my PP wallet. Then I linked the accounts and put 20 euros into the account.

It took the 20 euros straight from my PP account, unfortunately.

Inotti

Just tried this from spain, didn't work. Offer appeared correctly, ready to use in my PP wallet. Then I linked the accounts and put 20 euros into the account.

I think you need to use that 20€ with credit card for it to work?

kami_sama

My issue probably comes from the fact I have multipke eshop accounts. From the offer description on the paypal site, there's a link to the mynintendo account page. This link opens my Japanese account. So I should try later today to buy it, from my japanese eshop.

It won't work on a Japanese account. You need the currency to be same. That's why the UK offer didn't work in most of Europe even if we're still NoE.

I used my card, could that have been the difference?

Ac30

Is there any way to buy the credit using the online Eshop?

EDIT: Worked for me in Belgium with 69wpm's instructions, including setting Eshop account to Germany.

I think you need to use that 20€ with credit card for it to work?

What exactly do you mean "use with credit card"? I just used my Paypal, which AFAIK is configured to take money from my credit card (maybe it's my bank account tho).

I did have 15 euros in my paypal wallet. You think that's it?

Li Kao

Worked with a 60e purchase. Splatoon 2 digital for 55. Not a killer discount but I get a feeling this is exactly the type of game I should have in digital form.

Inotti

What exactly do you mean "use with credit card"? I just used my Paypal, which AFAIK is configured to take money from my credit card (maybe it's my bank account tho).

I did have 15 euros in my paypal wallet. You think that's it?

Well, you used paypal wallet for 15€ so you did not exactly use credit card for that 20€ purchase. I think that might be it but I'm not sure.

Ninja Dom

Offer now live for UK.

Click here

Get £5 off purchases on Nintendo eShop when you pay with PayPal.

How to get this offer: 1) Tap 'Save Offer' and log in to your PayPal account when prompted.

2) Link your PayPal account to your Nintendo account on Nintendo UK website or on your Nintendo Switch console.

3) Spend a minimum of £20 or more in Nintendo eShop with PayPal. Your credit will be automatically redeemed. This offer is valid until 5,000 credits have been saved into customers' PayPal accounts, whereby the offer will expire. See full Terms and Conditions for details.

The uk offer has been live for a little while but I double checked and my account is still valid for the offer.

Unless they added more chances to save, it was limited to the first 2500

febLey

I did this twice. I made new paypal account that is set to germany (just in case) and then changed my eshop region to Germany as well. Linked my paypal account to Nintendo and added 20€ to my wallet and got 5€ off. Then I unlinked that paypal account and made a second paypal account and same thing all over again and got other 5€ off from 20€. Now there is 40€ in my wallet and I paid 30€ :D Just remember to add that offer to your paypal account before buying that 20€.

I was also successfully able to change eshop region back to Finland and was still able to keep my funds.
Oh good idea. I think I'm going to buy Isaac with this method. 40 Euro seems a bit to steep for my taste, but 30 Euro sounds good to me :)

Sanjay

It works, Paypal will show 20 taken but if you check in the details info section it will show that you got the 5 off and I checked my online banking app to confirm and only 15 was taken.

I think thats why some people think they never got the discount but I'm sure they have, check your banking app.

Kouriozan

Saw this on the news with my French account so I tried it and it worked!
So yes, the offer finally hit France.

Go9K3lD.png

GWX

Tried it twice using my UK account. On my first try I was super dumb, and didn’t click the link beforehand; of course it didn’t work. Second one, though, it just plainly didn’t work. I’m super bummed out now, since british pounds are so expensive 😞. Oh well, will end up buying Steamworld Dig 2 and Golf Story with the credit, even if it will be more expensive it could have been. Won’t be trying any longer, though 😑.

MTC100

Banned
Won't do it, I'm currently using Norway as my account, you get baseline 15%(or more) off of almost everything on the eShop compared to other European eShops like Germany. I also only payed 16 Euro for the Breath of the Wild DLC that way.

Maxrunner

Warnings:

You can only buy eshop credit by PayPal through the Switch eshop.

Any purchase you make otherwise will take the credit you already have first, so if you already have money on your account, it'll need to be 20 more than what you already have.

Since I don't have a Switch, and already have 15 quid on my account, this deal is basically 5 off 35 for me, and as such bloody useless, since even Nintendo's terrible sales are usually a bigger discount than that.

So that's why you need to add a card? It's a bit stupid that I can the PayPal with only bank account without any card.

Top Bottom