• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Save 5€ when paying 20+€ in the eShop with Paypal

Warnings:

You can only buy eshop credit by PayPal through the Switch eshop.

Any purchase you make otherwise will take the credit you already have first, so if you already have money on your account, it'll need to be 20 more than what you already have.

Since I don't have a Switch, and already have 15 quid on my account, this deal is basically 5 off 35 for me, and as such bloody useless, since even Nintendo's terrible sales are usually a bigger discount than that.

kami_sama

Perfect for Golf Story/Steam World Dig 2 /Stardew Valley.

Totally.
I hope it works with eShop credit.

Warnings:

You can only buy eshop credit by PayPal through the Switch eshop.

Any purchase you make otherwise will take the credit you already have first, so if you already have money on your account, it'll need to be 20 more than what you already have.

Since I don't have a Switch, and already have 15 quid on my account, this deal is basically 5 off 35 for me, and as such bloody useless, since even Nintendo's terrible sales are usually a bigger discount than that.
So you can't buy credit with paypal on 3DS or Wii U?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Perfect for Golf Story/Steam World Dig 2 /Stardew Valley.

I tried buying a 20 buck eshop digital card on the eShop on my swith exactly for that but the deal still is in my pay pal account without being applied

I suspect it doesn't apply to digital eshop card but oyou to direct purchase of games?

So if you have to spend 20 bucks in a unique solution isn't possible to apply it to those indie games

daxy

Didn't work for me. Topped up my eShop account by 20 EUR after I added the offer to my PayPal account, but still ended up paying 20.

Totally.
I hope it works with eShop credit.

So you can't buy credit with paypal on 3DS or Wii U?

I've not been near my WiiU the last couple of days to check, but there's no option on the 3DS or webstore, and from what I've read that's true for the WiiU too, so basically if you don't have a switch, this is just a 25% or less discount on a single purchase, which is lame as hell.

oti

Banned
I tried buying a 20 buck eshop digital card on the eShop on my swith exactly for that but the deal still is in my pay pal account without being applied

I suspect it doesn't apply to digital eshop card but oyou to direct purchase of games?

So if you have to spend 20 bucks in a unique solution isn't possible to apply it to those indie games

Tried it this morning and it worked for me.

WAuH8RDETdmogiyGf9P2nQ.png

I saved it via browser, then I linked my PP account with the Switch, on the Switch, got an email to confirm. Then I used the Switch and put 20€ on my account. I checked Paypal and they only took 15€.

I forgot about this!

Yeah, to get it to activate, some people have to link their account and NNID through the webstore, and make sure it shows you've linked your PayPal account to the store too, possibly by trying to buy a game through it by PayPal, linking accounts, then canceling the purchase.

So yeah, another case of Nintendo making something that should be simple to do online a bit of a clusterfuck it seems.

Didn't work for me. Topped up my eShop account by 20 EUR after I added the offer to my PayPal account, but still ended up paying 20.

It worked for me, added 20 euro and in my Paypal transactions it shows 15 euro (Dutch account)

Thanks Ladekabel

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
It worked for me, added 20 euro and in my Paypal transactions it shows 15 euro (Dutch account)

Thanks Ladekabel

Maybe you have to add founds in the PayPal account before doing this?
So not using a credit card through PayPal but adding funds and the buy with that funds? So it should enough to add 15 bucks to PayPal wallet and proceed?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Did you use the German eShop?

The UK one
I changed the region of my nintendo account to UK and linked the PayPal account to my nintendo account
I bought through the UK eshop a 20 buck digital eshop card paying with PayPal
But in my Paypal account I still see the offer active and not used

Maybe you have to add funds to the PayPal wallet in order to apply it and not use the credit card through PayPal?

Shiggy

The UK one
I changed the region of my nintendo account to UK and linked the PayPal account to my nintendo account
I bought through the UK eshop a 20 buck digital eshop card paying with PayPal
But in my Paypal account I still see the offer active and not used

Maybe you have to add funds to the PayPal wallet in order to apply it and not use the credit card through PayPal?

The deal in OP only works if you set your Nintendo Account region to Germany I think.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
The deal in OP only works if you set your Nintendo Account region to Germany I think.

Yes but there already was a GBP deal, this very same here but for UK
I set the account to UK and everything but didn't work
I suspect is because if I use credit card and not direct pay pal funds it doesn't work

daxy

Thanks Ladekabel

Also Dutch here, but it didn't work.

cPitwvs.png

booooo :(

edit: To be clear, I added the offer to my account, checked that it was set to be automatically used, and added 20 euros to my balance through the Switch using PayPal.

kami_sama

So it seems sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't on Dutch accounts. Has anyone else tried it with another account region?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Also Dutch here, but it didn't work.

cPitwvs.png

booooo :(

edit: To be clear, I added the offer to my account, checked that it was set to be automatically used, and added 20 euros to my balance through the Switch using PayPal.

Did you add the balance to the eshop or PayPal account?

Ladekabel

So I don't know if this code is Germany only but it also expires after 6500 people used it. Which at least this time is disclosed. Don't think that was in the small print with the Steam Code from a few weeks ago.

daxy

And, sorry if I ask, your PayPal account uses a credit card or a Paypal funds wallet?

Neither. I have a debit card linked to my account that PP draws money from upon performing a transaction. I've used previous PP offers of this type on Steam that worked just fine, by the way.

lbs.

This worked for me the other day thru the UK Switch eShop.

Linked Paypal to eShop.

Added £20 funds to eShop, charged £15 on Paypal.

Unlinked Paypal from eShop..... Just in case ;)

13ruce

Banned
Nice (Dutch) might buy shantae then and retro rampage dx around the end of this month. Or well maybe replace shantae with steam world dig 2 since i already own shantae on ps4 and i promised myself not to double dip that often anymore...

Sanjay

This worked for me the other day thru the UK Switch eShop.

Linked Paypal to eShop.

Added £20 funds to eShop, charged £15 on Paypal.

Unlinked Paypal from eShop..... Just in case ;)

How do you even link paypal to eShop? I see no options.

pbsapeer

Banned
How do you even link paypal to eShop? I see no options.
Go to switch eshop. Click your profile picture. Add funds. Select PayPal. Send email to your account to link PayPal and eshop. Go to phone. Link account. Go to switch add funds. PayPal. £20. Okay. £15 from account. £20 in account. Happy days.

Here (spain account) it worked, but some friends tried it and they didn't have the discount.

As a comment, I just linked my PP account for the first time.

GenG3000

Linked PP account from the Switch. Followed the e-mail instructions. Added the promotion to the wallet. Added 20€ to my Switch account.

Didn't work for me. I sent them an e-mail.

kami_sama

Here (spain account) it worked, but some friends tried it and they didn't have the discount.

As a comment, I just linked my PP account for the first time.

I'm also in Spain (not really, but the account is a Spanish one), and it worked!
Why the hell does it work only sometimes?

-shadow-

So all I need to do is add €20 and it should apply automatically? PayPal is already linked to my Nintendo Account, don't know if that'll matter.

daxy

To Nintendo or to Paypal? I need to drop them an e-mail too, I tried twice and both times I paid the full 20€.

If you're gonna contact anyone it's gotta be PayPal. It's not Nintendo giving out this promotion.

However, unless you're from Germany they'll probably tell you you weren't eligible in the first place and therefore it's working as intended.

lbs.

Strange that it's so hit and miss.....

Are you guys adding the offer to your PayPal wallets before linking and adding the funds?

(Honest question, not trying to sound like a jerk.)

Top Bottom