• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saw mulan, i have a question..

Weiji

Banned

“Samba TV, which tracks viewership on smart TVs, estimated that more than 1.1 million U.S. households paid $30 each to watch “Mulan” on Disney+ between Friday and Monday.

That would translate to $33.5 million in revenue from the film, plus additional earnings from anyone who became a new Disney+ monthly subscriber.“

Is this another case of making a thread to farm those reactions and atta boys over some phantom issue with wokeness? I'm failing to see what the issue is here. OP is certainly not articulating themselves well or the issue is nonexistent, one of the two.

oagboghi2

Is this another case of making a thread to farm those reactions and atta boys over some phantom issue with wokeness? I'm failing to see what the issue is here. OP is certainly not articulating themselves well or the issue is nonexistent, one of the two.
Or you just can't read.

As an Asian I couldn't give less of a shit if they catered to me. As a movie goer and a martial arts cinefile I'm horrified by the terribly clumsy action scenes (Why didn't they grab Yuen Woo Ping for choreography) and timid approach to storytelling where there is zero tension and all non-Mulan characters are basically interchangeable cameos. What the fuck did I watch??

Why the hell would anyone over in China wanna watch this when they make like 20 of these a year themselves but way better is beyond me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom