• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Say something positive (PS4/Xbox One)

Roberts

After all the bickering and snark on the speculation thread about the next gen consoles, I felt like starting a bit more positive conversation about the games from this gen. The idea is like this: a lot of us have both consoles at home. I doubt any of us use both of them equally. So, let's say PS4 is your primary console of choice: what are you favorite memories and impressions playing xbox games.

I will start, if you don't mind.

I've been xbox one user since day one, then switched to xbox one x and only a year ago I bought PS4 Pro, because I really wanted to play God of War. Even though it is the first game I played on that console, it still my favorite. It looks great, there is quite a lot of stuff to do (skills, customization). I like that it is both open world and linear at the same time. And even though, the son character and his short detour into being a super-douche can be a bit annoying, I think overall they did a pretty good job with having a kid character in yoru game. My favorite thing about the game is that the whole story is so personal. It is not about saving the world and all that kind of stuff.

Spider-man - I was never huge fan of the character (I love Raimi's second film, but for many other reasons), so the game didn't really interest me all that much, but I bought it anyway. I still haven't finished it and not really in a hurry to do so, but you got to give developers a lot of credit for knowing how to start a game. The first impression is amazing, both from the gameplay and visual points of view.

Order 1886 - listen, it is not a great game, especially if you are have fond memories of playing Gears of War. I was almost ready to give up after the first 4 chapters or so, because you played less than you were watching cut-scenes, but I like the world and there are some fun weapons (termite gun). Curiosity got better of me and I kept on playing. I think it gets better as you move along and it is such a shame that the game doesn't really have an ending and they never got to made the sequel, because I would totally dive back into that bizzaro parallel universe world of late 19th century London.

So, what about you?

PS4

Bloodborne was a masterpiece
Knack was a good game (unpopular opinion)
God of War was fantastic

Xbox

Xbox One X is an amazing piece of hardware
Sea of Thieves is now an incredible game
Forza Horizon 4 is best racing game of the generation
Game Pass is a godsend
BC is extremely well executed

Last edited:

Roberts

Positive about Xbox: everything about BC!

What BC games did you play? I mostly played games that I missed last gen and that were Xbox One X enhanced. Forza Horizon 1 is still probably my favorite Horizon game, because it is simpler and you are never really overwhelmed with million possibilities and events of the FH3 and 4.

Tesseract

Banned
ddXt0p1h.jpg

What BC games did you play? I mostly played games that I missed last gen and that were Xbox One X enhanced. Forza Horizon 1 is still probably my favorite Horizon game, because it is simpler and you are never really overwhelmed with million possibilities and events of the FH3 and 4.
I played Asura's Wrath e Ninja Gaiden Black, I never played them before! I love them :D
Oh I still need to play Forza 1, thanks for reminding me!

nikolino840

Well..i have only an Xbox..so i Say something positive for PlayStation...

Imho for my tastes:

Days gone (i like killing zombies)
Kratos (i like the character but not God of War game)

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

TacosNSalsa

Xbox : The X is a sturdy piece of hardware..you could easily bludgeon someone to death with it and it won't get a scratch!

PS4: Bloodborne

Dane

Xbox
Backwards Compability, I use that a LOT.
Gamepass

PS4
Exclusives
The dashboard is fast (Well, now they fixed for the Xbox too, but after 6 years).

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Xbox :

Love the controller + Alan wake big fan + Xbox 360 best console I ever had from MS + BC is great ..

Playstation :

Best games ever + PS store + Perfect controllers + smooth UI

Of course all of the above is my opinion

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Xbox
Game Pass - it's the best deal ever in gaming and has helped me discover tons of games I didn't know existed or thought I wouldn't like and I ended up loving them.

BC - I get to play games I loved from previous generations and it's like they've been remastered for free especially when X enhanced

All the new studios MS bought especially since several they bought or created will be making AAA WRPGs - my favorite genre!

Playstation
Horizon Zero Dawn - tied for my favorite game this gen. It's even more impressive that it was a complete departure from the previous games by Guerilla games.

Sony has given PS4 fans the type of games they love in abundance this generation and most of them have been extremely well received by both fans & critics

JimboJones

Xbox: Commitment to backwards compatibility is commendable.

PS4: I get to play Final Fantasy 7 Remake soon.
Finally Updated there duel shock controller to something comfortable.

Menace-UK-

Neo Member
Xbox - As a long time Xbox fan, I can say nothing positive about the Xbox One.Sorry.

PS4 - Picked one up over the holidays and been enjoying it. Jst started Hozon ZD and loving it. GT Sport is really good. God of War was great.

checkcola

I do think Xbox is going to be pushing much better consumer friendly practices into the next gen.

PS4, great exclusives and it did invest in VR.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
PS4: I had some of the best memories playing Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne. I have the OST and listen to it just to relax at times. Bloodborne is probably one of the greatest games I’ve ever played. I had some amazing memories going to the theater for E3 and waiting until MGSV, The Evil Within, and other big games unlocked. I remember playing through RE:Remake, DMC1-5 (Except 2), and a host of other games. So many classic arcade games and PS2 ports. God of War, RDR2, KH3, and etc. I feel like the platform is amazing.

Xbox One: I had some fun times with the Gears series. Buying the $99 Gold version of Gears 4 from my phone. Purchasing Gears 5 and then playing it on Game Pass before my copy was unlocked. I remember pre-loading Halo 5 guardians from my phone. Playing Rise of the Tomb Raider and being amazed by the air/fire effects. I also had a wonderful time playing Dark Souls 3 a week or longer before it came to the US. Xbox translated the text. Funny thing I bought the game on Xbox JP, PS4 JP, the Deluxe NA PS4 Edition, and a PC key. I love that game. I had a wonderful time with Ashen on XBO and Celeste.

Last edited:

njean777

Xbox: controller is better for me (not in general), gamepass, and I like the "exclusives" more. BC
PS4: more exclusives (even if I don't care for most of them), FF7R, easier OS to navigate, Japanese games machine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Birdo

Banned
I used to own all three consoles, but sold them. Each had it's positives.

PS4: Good quality control, both with hardware and software.

XBO: Great BC and services for people that use them. Also the greatest controler ever made (To me).

Switch: Nintendo AAA games are always top tier.

Yumi

Ps4: Bloodborne, controller.
Xbox One: Games pass and Phil Spencer. I went from thinking Phil was really nice, to Phil is too nice its annoying, back to Phil is nice.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Luv my PS4 catalog of games and hardware but I think gamepass is a great deal. Also appreciate the Forza games and Gears mp although generic and stale at this point can be good fun.

JAMMA

Last warning for console wars
Favorite memory of PS4? I remember how the launch console didn’t rest evenly and would tilt like a teeter totter, the glowing blue DS4 light lighting up as an annoying reflection on the TV screen to pull you right out of the immersion, the RB popping out of the controller casing under light play, the enjoyment of not playing my music CDs. Ahh yes, the fondest of memories.

Then I upgraded to the PS4 Pro. I think we can all agree that it was a positive thing to exclude the 4K UHD Blu-ray drive as nobody would have been able to hear the movies anyway with the loud jumbo jet fan going. 🛫🙉

And then we all died a horrible death, the end.

Last edited:

Jason28

Has a tiny dick and smaller e-peen
Positive about xbox: gamepass is a great deal with you are broke as fuck and can't buy a normal console.
Positive about playstation: shits on xbox.
Make love, not war :)

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
PS4: God of War definitely is something else. Masterpiece from start to end.
Xbox: Well, its my defacto platform, so several reasons. But I really like Gamepass and the controller, specially the Elite V2.

Top Bottom