• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase+/Chirari |OT| 60 FPS Flamerate Rubbering Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those wondering about PSVTV compat, the JP site says it is for the JP version. Not sure about the US one. The US Store page has some weird non answer

thanks! sounds like it'll work? but i imagine someone who bought it for vita will also try it on pstv, so I'll wait for confirmation.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Just incase you missed it the US version has language options so small shot at English in the JP physical release!
luua4Uz.png

Sir TapTap

are PSTV compatible games not labeled in some way on the PSN store?

I think the "blah blah some features may not work on PS TV" thing means it's available on PS TV. Or if you can see it in the PS TV store of course. Otherwise I dunno. The ps tv thing is missing from the japanese boxart though.

Takao

Banned
I think the "blah blah some features may not work on PS TV" thing means it's available on PS TV. Or if you can see it in the PS TV store of course. Otherwise I dunno. The ps tv thing is missing from the japanese boxart though.

Japanese Vita games don't have a Vita TV label on the front. It's usually on the back IIRC, and not all of them have it.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Just incase you missed it the US version has language options so small shot at English in the JP physical release!
http://i.imgur.com/luua4Uz.png[/IG][/QUOTE]

For some reason I read this post as confirmation of English on the JPN release and immediately placed an order with Amimi.
Then re-read the post.

Oh well. :)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
are PSTV compatible games not labeled in some way on the PSN store?

Its due to Sony not having any sort of strict standards which is an issue with the storefront. Even the JP SEN does not have specific listings. I checked titles which I know are PSVTV compat and they do not have proper markings that they are so through the PSN store front.

Which does not make sense considering in their own descriptions of the supported platforms it has the PlayStation Vita TV listed in the categories... :/ There even is a section where the icon is supposed to go under the supported consoles on the JPSN store, just that they do not seem to be making use out of it past PS Vita...

Its listed on the back of the box not the front heres an example below.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
This is my third time buying the game. Now, to wait 2 weeks for it to get here!

Are both of the previous Umihara games unlockable, or is it just the SFC game?

To answer your question only the original SFC is there and it's on the menu from the get go and not unlockable.

CamHostage

No demo and this isn't out in Japan yet, correct? Video of the 3DS game looks pretty solid so I think I'll check this out.

From the little experience of the SNES game, I don't think I actually like UmiharaKawase. (It's a little kludgy and basic for my tastes, I felt like I was making up solutions for platform challenges half as much as I was solving them using solidly-designed logic.) But as a fan of grappling hooks in games, I feel incomplete without a Umihara game in my library.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
How's the emulated SNES game? Or is the PSX episode?
I'd like to know if the emulation is better or worse than on the NDS compilation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom