• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase coming to PC

LewieP

Update: Now out.

Release date set for October. Seems it will be based on the PS Vita version (Sayonara UmiharaKawase+). Confirmed for Steam release at a price of $14.99 /€14.99/£10.99.

Features:
All the 60 new and re-envisaged classic stages, plus the new enemy placements as used in the PS Vita game but upgraded for PC.

Additional bonus levels available once the game has been completed

Global time ranking.

4 playable characters, each with their own special abilities.

60fps.

Steam Achievements, Leaderboards, Trading cards & Cloud saves.

Steam controller support.

The SNES and Playstation games will also be getting separate releases.

Via a press release.

Trailer for the Vita version here.

Eila

I bought the 3DS version when it was on sale, right before any other versions were announced. I have no idea why.
I might go back to it on PC. I didn't play it very long.

MLH

I really hope it does well, it seems to have been a forgotten/ hidden gem on 3DS & Vita, even though the game isn't much of a looker, it's a fun unique platformer and I'm glad I gave it a chance.

Tizoc

Has to be the Vita version since it's the only 60fps version, 3DS was 30fps.

I have the 3DS ver. which is kicking my ass but it runs fine for me.
Was gonna get it on Vita but this one's worth it more for me.

I do hope that the game will be ported well and can look good on high resolutions :X

Producer

The PR states that they will also release Umihara Kawase and Umihara Kawase Shun, so maybe this version doesnt include the original? It is based on the vita version though, so thats weird.

Also it will be $15

Edit: link to PR

Jimrpg

It doesn't say Steam?

either way this is awesome. Just became a PC gamer this year and loving it.

I played the DS version and this is one hard game. The Dark Souls of platforming.

Nzyme32

It doesn't say Steam?

either way this is awesome. Just became a PC gamer this year and loving it.

I played the DS version and this is one hard game. The Dark Souls of platforming.

Well it does include Steam Controller support according to the OP, so Steam seems likely

Tizoc

Which classic UK game was in the Vita release? Is it one of the two games they plan on releasing later on?

Producer

Which classic UK game was in the Vita release? Is it one of the two games they plan on releasing later on?

The very first one and yes they are planning to sell it later, so im guessing it wont be in SUK. Still though, huge news regardless i am buying all 3

Marow

Incredibly out of nowhere and incredibly awesome. Even more incredible is that the older games are getting released too.

bede-x

Cool. They've been on my buy list for years, but somehow I never managed to get them. Will remedy that mistake on Steam :)

KainXVIII

As i remember from watching GCCX it is truly hardcore game, i'm in!

maxresdefault.jpg

kagamin

I've been wanting to pick up a game in this series since I heard about the DS game, still might end up getting the Vita version for portability I'll definitely keep an eye out on the PC version of the Playstation game if not all of them.

Top Bottom