• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase+ Launches Next Week In North America (two days before Japan)

Takao

Banned
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH_ERHmsJh4

Agatsuma Entertainment Co. has revealed that the PlayStation Vita version of physics-based puzzle platformer Sayonara Umihara Kawase is heading to the US on April 21st. Yes, that’s two days before Japan gets it on April 23rd. Europe will also get a digital version soon after.

The cult classic will be titled Sayonara Umihara Kawase + in the US and it also comes with the original 1994 entry to the series Umihara Kawase packaged as a bonus for fans.

You can watch an English trailer for the game above, which shows off Umihara and his rubber fishing line bouncing across the game’s 60 colorful stages at 60fps. It also reveals that you’ll be able to watch the best runs of other players from around the world as well as compete against them.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase + will cost $19.99 to buy through the PlayStation Store.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/1...or-ps-vita-on-april-21st/#kPjWdoDEPLhEPlYA.99

I'm easily going to double dip on this one, the 3DS game was fantastic and this version being 60fps and all the other cool extras like including the original game makes it an easy decision.

which shows off Umihara and his rubber fishing line bouncing

lol

Sir TapTap

Well that's odd, good on them for localizing so fast though. I'll probably get the physical import anyway. including the original is an easy sale.

Hugstable

Banned
I picked up one of these games on 3DS last year not really knowing what to expect. It's surprsingly fun and very addicting, even though I died so much. So of the jumps and secret doors just require some crazy precise timing to get to. I will be getting this

So they went to the regular name instead of the Yumi's Odd Odyssey that the 3DS game was named?

Ryuukan

Rubbering Action at 60 FPS

CCpM4U_XIAQkEIb.png

Producer

Damn that was fast. Can't wait to buy this again, 60fps will be so good. Gonna replay the snes original too, its been so long

Sir TapTap

So why did they change the name of the 3DS one to Yumi's Odd Odyssey?
Localizers try this occasionally, but the new name didn't stick I guess. Happened to Dangan Ronpa too--NISA clearly tried to make Trigger Happy Havok a Thing based on the DR1 case, but they completely abandoned it with DR2. I imagine it's the same here, people already know it as Umihara Kawase for years.

Hugstable

Banned
Localizers try this occasionally, but the new name didn't stick I guess. Happened to Dangan Ronpa too--NISA clearly tried to make Trigger Happy Havok a Thing based on the DR1 case, but they completely abandoned it with DR2. I imagine it's the same here, people already know it as Umihara Kawase for years.

I thought DR2 in JP didn't have the Trigger Happy Havok thing and was just Super Danganronpa 2?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well that was unexpected. Sadly, my funds took a huge blow, so I'll probably have to wait for this to go on sale like I did the 3DS version. At least the launch price is much better this time around, especially with the added content.

"Birds and fish are alive!" Why is that funny to me?

Prelude.

I'd like to know if the japanese physical release has english subs before buying it digitally here.

I don't think they were trying to make it actually a thing but it's more likely they were just trying to find a more marketable title in the western markets than just "danganronpa" alone for the first entry. Once people knew about the series there was no more need for that since it was an already established IP.

isitstill

Day 1; excited to buy this again (bought it on 3DS already)!

I was just flipping through the icons on my Vita this morning, thinking about what a great little system it is. These kinds of little gems just make my day.

Edit: Just saw that the birds and fish are alive now. I can hardly believe it, this is truly next-generation.

rjc571

Banned
Don't even care about the localized version since it's non-retail. Even though I have to wait an extra two weeks for it to ship and I won't be able to read the menus, I'm more than happy paying twice the price for the physical JP release.

Sir TapTap

I thought DR2 in JP didn't have the Trigger Happy Havok thing and was just Super Danganronpa 2?

I don't think either of them ever had "trigger happy havok" as part of the name, judging from the japanese marketing Iv'e seen. Dangan ronpa 2 was called "super dangan ronpa 2" in Japan and NISA removed "super" for no apparent reason which is a shame (we had the SNES here too...).

Yasumi

Banned
Will obsessively check PSN on Tuesday afternoon until it updates. Really excited for more Umihara after playing the 3DS one. New and reworked levels + the original has me hyped.

maxcriden

I'm generally pretty solid at platformers but I am absolutely terrible at the 3DS version of this game. I find it just brutally difficult with the grappling hook mechanic. Even the basic stages are like advanced Greek to me.

nynt9

Yessss hype. I had the original physically on my Japanese 3DS and I'll get this one as well. Plus a port of the SNES original? SOLD

Top Bottom