• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase+ (PSVita) releasing worldwide this Spring.

Prelude.

SRP: $19.99 / 14,99 Euro / £10.99

Key Features:
The latest version of this classic 20-year old franchise
Includes the original ‘UmiharaKawase’ game - this was the first game in the franchise, released in 1994 for console
Created by programmer Kiyoshi Sakai (also programmer on ‘The Mosquito’) and character designer & illustrator, Toshinobu Kondo – creators of the original game.
Unique 1970’s Japanese visual style
60 new and re-envisaged classic stages
Additional bonus levels available once the game has been completed
Global time ranking
New enemy placements
Unlock bonus features including some brilliant KAWAII style art and nostalgic audio with bonus sound track from the original game
Total of 4 playable characters, each with their own special abilities
Now 60fps

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press...gaming_history_brought_to_anew_generation.php

I'm ready for some brilliant KAWAII style art.

Huh, not using the Yumi's Odd Odyssey name in NA anymore?

Anyways, $20 is a good price for the SFC game and Sayonara Umihara Kawase. And everyone should get it.

Eolz

Great price and really packed with content.
Doubtful, but I really hope there'll be a physical version...

SerTapTap

Was about to say I wasn't interested ,but including the original version is a nice bonus. I wasn't a huge fan on 3DS, it's pretty hard.

Huh, not using the Yumi's Odd Odyssey name in NA anymore?

Anyways, $20 is a good price for the SFC game and Sayonara Umihara Kawase. And everyone should get it.

At some point it's too late to change the name when all your fans know it by the Japanese one anyway. NISA learned this with Dangan Ronpa. They tried making Trigger Happy Havoc the main title and it failed, they reverted for DR2 (I don't know why they removed Super though). Though IMO they should have done that with Firefly Diary, the "OMG how do I pronounce this" was way out of control.

rjc571

Banned
I'll gladly keep my $40 preorder of the physical Japanese version rather than pay $20 for a digital only US release.

EDIT It does seem strange though that the Japanese version is so much more expensive if it's being released simultaneously in all regions. Any chance for the JP version to get an early price drop?

Prelude.

I'll gladly keep my $40 preorder of the physical Japanese version rather than pay $20 for a digital only US release.
Hopefully the jp physical release will be multilanguage considering that it's releasing ww.
I'd probably import it if that's the case.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay for localization confirmation & THANK GOD for the $20 price. I liked the 3DS version, but man did $30 feel steep. Add in the fact you get the original Super Famicom game & $20 feels like a decent deal.

Vlaphor

I bought this game for 3DS ages ago on sale and played it a bit, but then moved onto other things when a level became too difficult for me. Well, I started to play it again recently and have been tearing through several levels and generally having a great time with it

Part of me still wants to buy this, even though it would mean starting from scratch...

mao2

81IX6DV8vJL.jpg
For those planning to import the Japanese version, you can get this cleaning cloth (in addition to the figurine) if you pre-order from Amazon.co.jp. They don't ship overseas though, so you'll need to use a forwarding service like Tenso Japan.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00TGIM6T0/
http://www.jshoppers.com/forward/

Producer

woah didnt know there was a thread.

Getting this day 1. Love Umihara Kawase , and all the additions are fantastic. Hopefully more people will jump in with the lower price.

Top Bottom