• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound announced for XboxOne (Kamiya, UE4, Platinum/Microsoft) [Port Beg = Ban]

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
He was riding the dragon at the end

Incoming scrolling shooter sections

snap2014-06-09at19.52c1r2e.jpg

snap2014-06-09at19.53njo7e.jpg

snap2014-06-09at19.53n6oas.jpg

snap2014-06-09at19.54kdpoy.jpg

Proven

First thought was Devil May Cry meets How to Train Your Dragon (I mean, DMC already involved fighting large monsters with swords and magic).

But yeah, need gameplay. Need to find out if I can resist buying an X1 for it. (From the trailer alone, chances are above 50% but I'm prepared for them to drop at any time).

Neff

Aside from PG's game, looks like MS has given up on Japan as well as Sony, unless Sony has something up its sleeve.

Okay I admit it, even though your game looks way more underwhelming than I'd normally expect, you just sold me a Bone, Kamiya.

Cbajd5

Is it confirmed he's working on it? It just seemed like they put a known face on stage. And, boy, did Kamiya not look happy to be there.

well of course you're not gonna be excited when you know you'll have death threats on twitter by the end of the day

also he couldn't be on twitter while on stage

Fbh

Damn it, I was really hoping the rumors were false.
My favorite developer on a console I don't really want right now T.T.

I'll be honest, I like Nintendo games but stuff like Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 were a big reason of why I got a WiiU

And it looks to be co-developed by microsoft studios so I guess it's not a timed exclusive T.T

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Is it truly exclusive or will it be timed? With third party MS exclusives I always expect them to show up elsewhere eventually.

Pikma

Banned
Platinum game reveals are always super weak, except for Bayo, but I'm sure it's going to be awesome. The moment we see gameplay for the first time will probably convince me to get an Xbone.

Mupod

I knew I was gonna need an XB1 as soon as I saw Kamiya walk on stage, but the fact that it was all CG just reinforced my belief that the time for me to buy one won't be coming until late 2015.

Ridley327

Concept seems interesting, but the art direction is blah, and it's hard to see where it's going with the gameplay from just the CG, outside of the co-op focus.

NEO0MJ

While I'm excited for this game, I do agree about how bad the main character design is. For a moment I thought it was DmC2.

How to Train Your Dante

It's DMC with a Dragon on the ground, HD Space Harrier when riding the Dragon

Thematically and character design wise, this looks heinous beyond words. Waiting for gameplay, much like 80% of MS's conference.

Dahbomb

Looks like what DmC Dante should've looked like.

Can't comment much about a CG trailer. It will probably be good because it's Kamiya though.

traveler

Not Wario
There is a very high likelihood that this game will be end up being leagues better than any other games shown today. I don't know when I'll be picking up an X1, but I'm definitely in now.

SRTtoZ

Not sure what looked "amazing" about it. It was a CGI trailer with Dante. I need to see gameplay before I decide anything.

Didn't feel it really cause of CG trailer I guess (that wasn't exactly a great trailer). I think Witcher 3 gameplay kind of lessened the impact from this. They should have waited on it to show gameplay. I expected this one to be a megaton scale (hyuck) announcement but really felt overshadowed by other games shown.

edit: actually I guess the leaks we got wayyyyy back kinda ruined this announcement too.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I would be hyped... but I need gameplay.
So far it looks like Devil May Cry with dragons. Main character is so much like Dante.

Trust in Kamiya though.

Watch Kamiya announce another exclusive for PS4 too lol

Buy every console for Platinum Games' games.

Maybe an exclusive for 3DS, VIta and IOS too.

lol, I'd be so frustrated if I didn't already have a PS4.

Never has one company gotten me to buy 2 different consoles in the same generation. Dat Platinum expenses.

Top Bottom