Scalebound cancelled [Platinum Games and Kamiya have commented]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RecRoulette

Aug 28, 2015
Going to be really rough if Platinum's survival is based on sales of Nier, assuming that Scalebound gets cancelled of course.

Effect

Jun 15, 2007
Not surprised it might be canceled given how rough it looked at the recent showing. I was looking forward seeing more too. Come to think of it I still have no clue as to how thing was suppose to play. All we saw was combat.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Aug 24, 2010
It looked a bit rough last year, but nothing that couldn't be fixed, I can't say I seen this coming.

CHC

Aug 24, 2012
Has looked awful whenever they showed it.
Pretty much. Everyone is head-over-heels in love with Platinum but they are a hit-or-miss studio, to put it kindly. I love the Bayonetta games as much as the next guy but this game never looked good in any of its showings. Maybe not awful, either, but certainly not anything spectacular.

Vol5

Mar 2, 2010
It seems like the game's rather far into development for it to just be cancelled like that.
Not really. It's called managing for value. Scalebound is incredibly niche and wouldn't sell big numbers. It would cost more at this point to finish and market it than let it die.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
May 17, 2013
All this swirling is making me dizzy. And reminding me of high school.

Aug 6, 2010
For real? It never looked more than a ''paying the rent'' game by Platinum but this sucks.

Microsoft needs to stop canning everything.

Blueblur1

Jul 27, 2007
Miami, FL
www.twitter.com
Is this the thread we're sticking with? Anyway, here's my post from the other one:

I'm not surprised considering how long its taken for it to be finished and how little we were hearing about it. Its a shame because I liked almost everything about it. I hope that Platinum can at least recycle some of concepts/ideas found in Scalebound for a future game.

Boke1879

Apr 25, 2013
Illinois
Are you serious? Scalebound looked very ambitious. The environments were massive, and the detail of it all was incredibly rich. Also, that online mode must've been incredibly taxing for them.

TMNT from Platinum is a budget title.
Honestly. Look at that last demo they showed. Nothing about that imo screamed quality. I give props for MS sticking with it, but if this is true then I'm not entirely shocked that it's cancelled.

hydruxo

Nov 2, 2013
Damn, that's too bad. I know everybody was down on this game but I always thought it was kinda cool.

FonkyByNature

Dec 13, 2012
Montreal
Please no, this is a big reason why i own an Xbox One. If the game's cancelled then that would be another blow for Xbox.

The Xbox One doesn't have that many exclusives already, Fable cancelled and now this. That can't be good for Microsoft.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oct 14, 2012
za warudo
creditconcerto.blogspot.com
I tweeted Kamiya about this game like a couple of weeks ago lol.

I was really looking forward to it :/

Endo Punk

Sep 4, 2011
I really fucking hope this isn't true. If it is that means we may have to go a further 3 years before seeing another Kamiya game 😫

Status
Not open for further replies.