• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scamco alert: One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP (3DS) Euro contains only half the game

Konny

Neo Member
Thanks Bamco, One Piece Unlimited Cruise 3ds for EU territory contains only the first chapt ( One Piece Unlimited Cruise Part 1: The Treasure Beneath The Waves) and Marine Ford, 45€ for the first wii chapt porting, i will not buy it.

Takao

Banned
Thanks Bamco, One Piece Unlimited Cruise 3ds for EU territory contains only the first chapt ( One Piece Unlimited Cruise Part 1: The Treasure Beneath The Waves) and Marine Ford, 45€ for the first wii chapt porting, i will not buy it.

Wat?

Scamco being Scamco.

FreeMufasa

Oh Fuck the hell off Bamco. Pile of shit.

Although I might still pick it up since I have part 2 for the Wii and 1 is bloody expensive.

Reknoc

So basically I don't need to bother importing the Italian version then. I already have both episodes on the Wii, not going to pay just for a bad version of Marineford.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Wait, really? They freaking cut the 3DS version in half?

That's a new low.

Konny

Neo Member
"Unlimited Cruise SP is a special case a bit. In Japan the game was released with two episodes on a single cartridge with the Marine Ford mode. For the European release we had to integrate the game in 5 languages ​​(English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) and this posed a problem to integrate the two sets of cartridges available on one for 3DS. We tried various approaches without success (hence the delay of the title that was out at the end of 2011) and in the end we were forced to include only the first episode. The rest is similar to the Japanese version: new characters, Japanese voice ..."

Namco Bandai used a 2gb cartridge for One Piece Unlimited Cruise 3ds but new Nintendo console support a 8gb cartridge limit, Resident evil: revelations used 4gb cartridge.

For Bamco is too expensive a 4gb cartridge, that's all.

"Unlimited Cruise SP is a special case a bit. In Japan the game was released with two episodes on a single cartridge with the Marine Ford mode. For the European release we had to integrate the game in 5 languages ​​(English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) and this posed a problem to integrate the two sets of cartridges available on one for 3DS. We tried various approaches without success (hence the delay of the title that was out at the end of 2011) and in the end we were forced to include only the first episode. The rest is similar to the Japanese version: new characters, Japanese voice ..."

Namco Bandai used a 2gb cartridge for One Piece Unlimited Cruise 3ds but new Nintendo console support a 8gb cartridge limit, Resident evil: revelations used 4gb cartridge.

That would make sense if they were selling the first episode for a budget price, but on Amazon it actually costs more than the average 3DS game. :lol

Takao

Banned
... I'd like to say this is a new low but this isn't even the first time something like this has happened.

It's not even the first time Scamco has pulled this stunt. The first Naruto game on PSP had a story mode they completely dropped in the west.

VariantX

wouldn't it have been better to at least ask the european public whether or not that they would choose between the language options or the other half of the game? Its stupid to destroy the game's value like this and expect people to pay full price for it.

duckroll

Ace Combat 3 is 1 CD in US/EU, and it's a 2 CD game on Japan. The entire story mode with characters, voices, cutscenes, anime FMVs, etc was completely removed.

sakipon

... I'd like to say this is a new low but this isn't even the first time something like this has happened.

Didn't Wii's Harvest Moon lose the option of playing as a girl for the very same reason? With 3DS I don't understand why they don't use a bigger cart. Ideally I'd like them to print several versions for different markets, but I suppose that'd be way too expensive in today's global world.

Sylver

Banned
Wow, returning to SNES times when games were launched with less content? I remember Dragon Ball games without story mode.
Bad news.

God forbid if they ever decided to release Gundam Extreme VS overseas. Half the playable suits available and the rest for DLC, lol.

Pooya

that's talking about only text/subtitle for FIGS right? if it's just text I don't see how they ran out of space. I think they probably wanted to use cartridges smaller than 2GB to save money. Original 2GB was probably big enough or maybe they didn't want to localize it or just sell it as two games? regardless I think that excuse is really uh...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Well, now I've just two options for February: Rayman or Tekken.

Michan

if it's just text I don't see how they ran out of space. I think they probably wanted to use cartridges smaller than 2GB to save money. Original 2GB was probably big enough or maybe they didn't want to localize it or just sell it as two games? regardless I think that excuse is really uh...

Multi-lingual text takes up a surprising amount of space.

I recently removed lots of non-English languages on my Mac using Monolingual and freed about 4 GB of space. I only have a 120 GB hard drive, and just a fraction is used by apps.

Still, Namco really should have considered either larger cards or a budget price. It's outrageous that they'll probably just get away with it.

Sylver

Banned
that's talking about only text/subtitle for FIGS right? if it's just text I don't see how they ran out of space. I think they probably wanted to use cartridges smaller than 2GB to save money. Original 2GB was probably big enough or maybe they didn't want to localize it or just sell it as two games? regardless I think that excuse is really uh...

Yeah only they need to see CAPCOM who is going to dub Revelations to some many languages.

GJS

£32.99 for half the game and a figure of Ace, no chance.

I haven't been able to buy any of the latest 3DS games as the prices are either more expensive or the same as I usually pay for brand new PC and Console games, it's not worth it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Good for me, I'll save some money since I was arguing if i should use my amazon credit on it.

Guess I'll get Tekken 3D, if it doesn't suck !!

Wizpig

"Ohh, Europe, you just had to go and have so many languages, fuck you, now we can't put the whole game on our 2GB cards! It's all your fault! :("

Well, i guess the best option is to buy the US version of the game!
... or not!

Thank you, Nintendo!

Reknoc

"Ohh, Europe, you just had to go and have so many languages, fuck you, now we can't put the whole game on our 2GB cards! It's all your fault! :("

Well, i guess the best option is to buy the US version of the game!
... or not!

Thank you, Nintendo!

Impossible to buy a version that doesn't exist.

Haw haw.

Oh and just so you know this is the figure that would make it "worth" £30

sYKlE.jpg

Aru

Wasn't going to buy the game after trying the japanese version because the port is awful: controls are awkward and frame rate is really really bad.
But now, after reading this ? No way I'm buying this game, even in the bargain bin. Even a used copy in the bargain bin.

Wasn't going to buy the game after trying the japanese version because the port is awful: controls are awkward and frame rate is really really bad.
But now, after reading this ? No way I'm buying this game, even in the bargain bin. Even a used copy in the bargain bin.

Oh. Now I'm having second thoughts :/. I was really looking forward to this.

Top Bottom