• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scammer asks: Do you still own a Dreamcast?

D-X

This is pretty interesting:

From: http://www.seganerds.com/2008/03/08/sega-japan-still-showing-dreamcast-support-in-2008/#more-3816

“Do you still own a Dreamcast?” - That is what Sega Japan is asking the world.

“Why?” is just what you might be asking. To be honest, we are not entirely sure. But Sega Japan appears to have updated its Dreamcast website and has opened up a new sub-site where Dreamcast owners can register, using their Dreamcast’s serial numbers, allowing them access to their own “@user.dreamcast.com” account.

At first I thought it could be some sort of fan/hoax site, but now I’m not sure, as the site content does appear to be fairly legit.

Could it be that Sega is planning some sort of Dreamcast re-release? Are they planning to celebrate the DC’s 10th Birthday? (Though I’m not sure if the dates tally for that). Maybe they are planning on releasing old Dreamcast games? Or perhaps starting up the old Dreamcast servers for online play? Or are they just curious little puppies?

The main point of this is that if Dreamcast fans ever wanted to show their true support for the system, now is the time! By registering your console at the site, we can show Sega Japan just how many Dreamcast owners are still out there!

Hopefully we will get some answers soon enough.

Follow the URL for links to the actual site

http://www.dreamcast.com/

http://www.dreamcast.com/apps/ucp.php

Kittonwy

Banned
I have it but it's stored in a box and I'm probably never going to take it out. It's fucking dead, Sega fans, just leave it be.
Indifferent2.gif

By registering a @user.dreamcast.com account, you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use @user.dreamcast.com mail service. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of the account after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended. Once you submit the required information, your account data will be reviewed to ensure that complies with the conditions for @user.dreamcast.com account assignments.

You agree not to send any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where @user.dreamcast.com is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to your account being immediately and permanently deleted, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that @user.dreamcast.com have the right to remove, any mail account at any time should we see fit.

BEST TOS EVER

Gagaman

A Dreamcast trademark update and now this? What could they be up to?

I'm not going to get my hopes up but...oh what the hell. THE DREAM IS ALIVE ETC :D

PacoDG

I have no idea what I just signed up for (reason-wise), but I am now registered (I have two Dreamcast's somewhere in my room).

Sonic came to me in a dream and told me that a DVD playing Dreamcast is going to be released in Brazil. It won't support the GD ROM format, and the re-released games will be in Portugese.

Pachael

Looks... legit?

----

WHOIS information for: dreamcast.com:

[whois.PublicDomainRegistry.com]
Domain Name: DREAMCAST.COM

Registrant:
SEGA CORPORATION
Shoji Takamitsu (Shoji_Takamitsu@sega.co.jp)
Haneda 1-2-12, Ohta-ku, Tokyo
Tokyo
null,1448531
JP
Tel. +81.0357367080

Creation Date: 12-Jun-2005
Expiration Date: 12-Jun-2008

Domain servers in listed order:
ns2.dreamcast.com
ns1.dreamcast.com

Administrative Contact:
SEGA CORPORATION
Shoji Takamitsu (Shoji_Takamitsu@sega.co.jp)
Haneda 1-2-12, Ohta-ku, Tokyo
Tokyo
null,1448531
JP
Tel. +81.0357367080

womp

Yes, two in fact.

Launch system still kicking and my $50 clearance still boxed DC as a backup in the closet. ;)

Tailzo

Rise from your grave - Altered Beast

Edit: I've got two too.

Also, I see several numbers on the back, IS the serial the one on the white sticker?

JavaMava

Thats it, I'm driving the hour trip back home to pick up my dreamcast and register. Ya I could call and just ask for the serial number, but what kind of lunatic would that make me. Not a very good one.

Kittonwy said:
I have it but it's stored in a box and I'm probably never going to take it out. It's fucking dead, Sega fans, just leave it be.
Indifferent2.gif
Hey, if you don't have to face the truth about PS3, we don't have to face the truth about DC.

THAT'S THE DEAL, MY FURRY FRIEND

Tailzo

radioheadrule83 said:
The one with the barcode... I hope !
Yeah, that's what I thought, and they did send me a password and username, so I guess that was the right one. I don't know where to use the login info yet, though.

Tailzo

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif
Come on, register it, it might be for something fun. Maybe you'll recieve a code to play some little free online game starring the Dreamcast to celebrate the 10th year?

Timo

I registered as well. Anyone thinking wii-like console rerelease with the fishing controller modified to be the controller?

while I'm at it, did anyone play vitrua tennis with he fishing controller?

Top Bottom