• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEA registers Forsaken Souls domain

https://twitter.com/#!/supererogatory/status/202803516916498432

SCEA has something called Forsaken Souls. Soul Sacrifice getting localized?

http://whois.domaintools.com/forsakensoulsthegame.com

Registrant:
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
919 E Hillsdale Blvd
Foster City, CA 94404
US

Domain Name: FORSAKENSOULSTHEGAME.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC                
919 E Hillsdale Blvd
Foster City, CA 94404
US
650-655-6054

Record expires on 11-May-2013.
Record created on 11-May-2012.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS23.WORLDNIC.COM            205.178.190.12
NS24.WORLDNIC.COM            206.188.198.12

I really wish this were an actual Souls game developed by From published by Sony. Forsaken Souls actually sounds like something they would come up with after Dark Souls.

Why would SCEA even rename Soul Sacrifice?

Forsaken Souls will be a much better name for the US. A lot of people will buy it based on the name alone (even if it has nothing to do with demons/dark).

Hopefully the game will meet expectations.

Dusky

Can't imagine it being Soul Sacrifice. Taking "Sacrifice" out of the title would seem odd, seeing as the game is all about sacrificing.

Orayn

Can't imagine it being Soul Sacrifice. Taking "Sacrifice" out of the title would seem odd, seeing as the game is all about sacrificing.

Gotta pluralize to "Souls" so they can copy a feel of From Software's recent success.

Arxisz

Dark Souls....
Demon's Souls....
Forsaken Souls...

It sounds more like a Souls game than a name change for Soul Sacrifice, when Soul Sacrifice is perfectly acceptable for the West too.

Yeah if you think about it they didn't have to add the s at the end. Could've named it Forsaken Soul too. but since they added the s I'd like to think it's a souls game too.

Ridley327

For people thinking this has something to do with the Souls series: why would SCEA be the one to spill the beans on it?

Zoe

Yeah if you think about it they didn't have to add the s at the end. Could've named it Forsaken Soul too. but since they added the s I'd like to think it's a souls game too.

I thought the premise of the game was you're reliving the experiences of past sacrifices.

I have only played Demons Souls but does anybody think the same formula could be used to create a new game in a completely different setting.

It would be cool to see the same kind of gameplay but in vastly different setting like a kind of sci fi story on a different planet or something, could be cool.

I hope it's a new game and not linked to Soul Sacrifice in anyway; especially not as a name-change. Soul Sacrifice is an awesome title, and best of all has alliteration on its side.

I think Soul Sacrifice will retain its name for localization, which I hope it does, because I like it better. The Forsaken Souls may be a sequel to Demon's Souls like everyone else is saying.

Arxisz

I thought the premise of the game was you're reliving the experiences of past sacrifices.

Yeah I know, but was just thinking why they would do that.
Might also be because they want Soul Sacrifice to appeal to the souls crowd in NA by giving it a similar sounding name?

Yeah I know, but was just thinking why they would do that.
Might also be because they want Soul Sacrifice to appeal to the souls crowd in NA by giving it a similar sounding name?

That would be pretty awful. The Souls crowd is hardcore enough to know exactly who FROM is. They wouldn't be fooled by that.

Ridley327

That would be pretty awful. The Souls crowd is hardcore enough to know exactly who FROM is. They wouldn't be fooled by that.

SCEA passed on Demon's Souls in the first place, so it's not like their head has ever been in the right place regarding the franchise. :p

Top Bottom