• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE brings you: "Playstation Day 2008" The thread of hopeful hope.

LBP looks as pretty as it did when it debuted at GDC, but if they really want to impress people they need to show video of a developer created level from start to finish. Impressive art direction is one thing, but people play platformers for the obstacles, puzzles, death defying jumps, bosses, moves, and so on. They've shown bits and pieces, now lets see it fully fleshed out by a great level designer. Another video of editing a level set to the go team music just aint doin it.

Atomspike

I'm not feeling that Motorstorm 2 video , it felt so lifeless , so empty .

i'm a huge , huge fan of first one , so i'm giving them the benefit of the doubt .

Kibbles

Blimblim said:
Not according to our PR contact. Gameplay video (first part) will be up in about 10 minutes.
The only game with an embargo is Resistance 2.
Awesome! Thanks for the update. :)

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Blimblim said:
Not according to our PR contact. Gameplay video (first part) will be up in about 10 minutes.
The only game with an embargo is Resistance 2.

woot! Thanks man! You rock!!

Already posted in the KZ2 thread but i just wanted to say thanks BLIM you guys consistently have the best quality video around and your excitement is always palpable. So thanks a lot you make days like this worth it.

killzone-2-20080506020313430.jpg

killzone-2-20080506020316134.jpg

killzone-2-20080506020320680.jpg

Thank you blim for the coverage as always.
NEED MOAR R2 NOW!!!!!! damn, I'm justing sying for some multiplayer footage.
Glad K2 will be on early'09 title, I had too many games to pick up late this year anyway.
LBP in october, sounds good. Hope that beta comes around soon.

I looked the thread over and over but still no WKS info?!?! I don't think I've ever wanted a game so much when I knew so little about it.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Looks like our new stream host didn't handle the load too well, I'm back on the old servers until they can fix it.

Klytus said:
The new KZ2 gameplay footage is the most exciting thing I've seen in a long time. Holy shit.

Im right there with you man I dont really have the words to properly describe how overwhelmingly impressed I am.

And your avatar kicks ass.

pswii60

YYZ said:
MS2 looks rough, but it's not even half done yet. When is it supposed to come out?
November.

Ironically, the vegetation was the worst part. The lighting looks terrific though, but the water could do with some improvement. We'll probably see an improved version at E3.

Tom Penny

So basically all I have is MGS4 , Resistance 2 and LBP to look forward to. At least for the next few months I have GTA IV then MGS4.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Bah, hotel connection sucks, LBP video won't be uploaded till 2 in the morning. I'm not going to wait until then, but maybe snoopers will be able to do the rest when he comes back.
I'm going to see if I can at least get the stream working correctly.

FirewalkR

Damn, KZ2 never disappoints, incredible stuff.

Anyway, after a long session of GTA4, i find myself reading every Blimblim's post in Niko's voice in my mind. That's weird! :lol

Tideas

Banned
Zoe said:
Read the quote... got that from the Eurogamer blog. Did they mess that up?

last I check, next week is something unrelated that correlates to the Rockstar PS3 exclusive.

But who knows. I'm open for surprises

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Snoopers just called, everything was already closed when he wanted to go back to the showfloor. So basically the event was 3 hours long in terms of actually trying the games. That's... interesting, to say the least.
So no interviews or anything remotely well produced for us.
Sony wanted this to be a big teasing event, but it's a bit frustrating that it was so short we (and a lot of others from what I heard) could do their job as well as they wanted to.
I don't really get why sony would invite hundreds of journos for just a few hours.

Ha well, at least we got some nice footage :)

Tideas

Banned
doesn't the event run til Thursday?

Anyways, so this is interesting. This really is just SCEE stuff and not SCEA + SCEE

I know SCEI is coming in July. But could SCEA Gamer Day make an appearance late May/early June?

even though GoW2 was released last year, I think it'd be stupid they didn't start on GoW3 before finishing GoW2.

Teaser perhaps?

Wax Free Vanilla said:
There's no new F1 game :(

Sony or somebody else lied - f1-live.com

No one lied, Sony said many of their big games are made in Europe and listed F1. People for whatever reason assumed they were confirming another F1 game even though they weren't.

KZObsessed

This has probably been mentioned, but Kotaku is reporting that Siren: Blood Curse is episodic, you buy the chapters separately (or a few chapters at a time). Interesting idea, hopefully we wont get shafted on the price.

Top Bottom