• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

Even if it's nothing, 2013 is fine by me (vita):
Jak & daxter collection, Sly collection, tearaway, Ys, Killzone, TxK, Miami Hotline and I still have 8 new retail titles waiting for me to be played.

PsVita is rapidly becoming my main device for playing games... (and 3ds).

kuroshiki

Read my post above, if it came from SCEE these guys would have known about it before any email had been sent to any of them. Tony Clark is the head of SCEEs third party relations team.

You know the studio that develops the Grand Theft Auto games are European, right? Also, Popcap are American, why would it automatically be PVZ2 under you logic? It's probably another 6/10 Ubisoft spinoff. From what we've heard there's at least a new Ghost Recon, Rayman Legends, and maybe another AC coming.

HOLY SHIT. GTA is from Europe? I must have confused with Rockstar San diego.

and I agree that it probably is Ubisoft game.

QP3

Jak & daxter collection, Sly collection, tearaway, Ys, Killzone, TxK, Miami Hotline and I still have 8 new retail titles waiting for me to be played.

You forgot FFX HD!

But seriously, if this turns out to be nothing great then there are going to be a lot of upset Vita fans

so including myself, like 17 people!

AmanoBuff

I think he's talking about all the Indie titles coming to Vita with that tweet.

You're right. Otherwise how could he be playing them a month from now? Only indies are released that fast.

Unless we get a stealth launch from a Japanese game a la Atelier Totori plus. Meh, very unlikely.

Mario007

You're right. Otherwise how could he be playing them a month from now? Only indies are released that fast.

Unless we get a stealth launch a la Atelier Totori plus. Meh, very unlikely.
Yup, that's why he always hypes up stuff that he signed. Because they'll release pretty soon. On the other hand this game could take quite some time to be announced and launched (though e3 announcement a the latest seems logical since internal Sony employees now know about it).

HOLY SHIT. GTA is from Europe? I must have confused with Rockstar San diego.

and I agree that it probably is Ubisoft game.

Yep, the GTA Rockstar - Rockstar North - are based in Scotland. The PSP GTA's were developed by Rockstar Leeds, too.

It is very likely an Ubisoft game. A spin-off to AC, Watch_Dogs or Rainbow Six or something.

Yep, the GTA Rockstar - Rockstar North - are based in Scotland.

It is very likely an Ubisoft game. A spin-off to AC, Watch_Dogs or Rainbow Six or something.
Why would it be European?
I know SCEE, but they got info by mail. Could be E3 info or from SCEA / SCEJ. Everything is possible...

HooYaH

Don't do this to yourself.

I think Sony is going to announce some titles for each region especially JPN. I don't think there is a major upcoming title for the Vita in JPN is my reasoning. They can't announce it at TGS since that is way too late in the year. I'm expecting a title release for this holiday in JPN and early next year for the US/EUR. As for the US/EUR, I'm not quite sure what it is, but I don't believe it's PvZ2 (port) or Angry Birds (port).

Yanksfan

Holla this! Vita + 3DS + Current Gen hardware = No PS4/NextBox

THE:MILKMAN

The started with a 'p' was about a different titles..an indie game. This is not it

That still keeps cropping up....

I have no idea what this game is, but the "addicted hours a day" line is pretty specific. Makes me think of a puzzle type game, MMO or sandbox game.

Not European?
Not a port
Third party
AAA

I ain't got a clue.

Binabik15

You forgot FFX HD!

But seriously, if this turns out to be nothing great then there are going to be a lot of upset Vita fans

so including myself, like 17 people!

I never get upset because I never expect unannounced game x for platform y to be actually noteworthy. I don't do the hype game (except for hardware).

But hey, if it's something that actually interests me my Vita collection grows.

The first thing that came to my mind was Monster Hunter, but that really hasn't caught on outside of Japan - not for 'hours a day,' so I'm left hoping it's an open-world game. Maybe Sony backed the Brinks truck up to Bethesda?

I hope it's not an MMO.

ReaperXL7

The first thing that came to my mind was Monster Hunter, but that really hasn't caught on outside of Japan - not for 'hours a day,' so I'm left hoping it's an open-world game. Maybe Sony backed the Brinks truck up to Bethesda?

I hope it's not an MMO.

Actually i dont think i would be shocked if it was FFXIV , but I dont think.these guys would be hugely excited for thay but who knows.

Aurizen

he still hasn't told us? it might be Type 0 finally, anything else would be a complete disappointment. and the vita will sink so low.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
he still hasn't told us? it might be Type 0 finally, anything else would be a complete disappointment. and the vita will sink so low.
I don't see how a gta/fallout/persona/any-other-big-ip non-port would be disappointing.
I want type 0 too though :(
PS:
type 0 would be a port.

A title or titles from Ubisoft would be my best guess for this, as they're the only Western third party confirmed to have unannounced Vita titles coming this year. But we'll see.

Aurizen

I don't see how a gta/fallout/persona/any-other-big-ip non-port would be disappointing.
I want type 0 too though :(
PS:
type 0 would be a port.

oh you do have a point, if its persona or a game by SE would be good, not so much crazy about GTA. I''m hoping for some type of adventure RPG/Jrpg... or MH

Lets play a Game :D
You think the annoucement will be "amazeballs" -> Team Chloe
L1yCwIn.jpg

You think the annoucement will be dissappointing? -> Team Harald

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者

Has Sly Collection Vita been semi uncovered? I know Jak & Daxter was.

Kafel

Banned

Ys is coming to the West?

Sendou

As explained already that tweet is to do with the indie titles he has signed.

He actually takes a holiday to play indie games? Oh jeez.

So I'm assuming this is a proper Monster Hunter...

I don't see this happening. I mean why? Capcom has no desire to drive Vita install base. 3DS suits them just fine.

Only way Vita could get it is by funding the game by themselves. Actually they just might be stupid enough to do it.

Mario007

He actually takes a holiday to play indie games? Oh jeez.

I don't see this happening. I mean why? Capcom has no desire to drive Vita install base. 3DS suits them just fine.

Only way Vita could get it is by funding the game by themselves. Actually they just might be stupid enough to do it.
He says there's gonna be so many he'll need to take a holiday to play through them all. His job is to sign indie titles for the Vita and other PS platforms. He usually hypes up any indie title that he signs, as he obviously loves them. That is why it was important to confirm that the game he was talking about in the tweet in the OP was not an indie game.

Sendou

He says there's gonna be so many he'll need to take a holiday to play through them all. His job is to sign indie titles for the Vita and other PS platforms. He usually hypes up any indie title that he signs, as he obviously loves them. That is why it was important to confirm that the game he was talking about in the tweet in the OP was not an indie game.

Sure. I just found it weird to actually take a holiday to play indie games. I'm glad he enjoys his job.

Also doesn't Sony allow him a Steam account? lol

Sly Cooper Collection for Vita was rated by the ESRB.

How bad of a port was Sly Cooper 4? I remember hearing that it had some problems.

ReaperXL7

Sure. I just found it weird to actually take a holiday to play indie games. I'm glad he enjoys his job.

Also doesn't Sony allow him a Steam account?

Ill never understand the amount of disrespect indie games get from some people, there are indie games out there that are just as good if not better then most of the stuff the "AAA" guys are sholveling these days, so it makes no sense to me.

Also some people clearly prefef playing on devices othet than PC....shockef I know.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Sly Cooper Collection for Vita was rated by the ESRB.

I am interested! It be great if some cross-buy was available for the Vita-PS3 collections, but the timing might be off. I'm actually hoping some of those PSN/PS3 games come over. Okami, Resident Evil 4, etc.

Top Bottom