• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE's PlayStation 20th Anniversary microsite uses Smash for's Mega Man render

JB2448

Update 2 (12/17, 12:16 PM):
It looks like they got rid of the fan art Chie too.

But they didn't get rid of the fan art Tomba.

Revoltech Raiden is still there too.
Update 1 (12/16, 5:38 PM):
They took off MegaMan, but don't worry a piece of him if left to fill the void. ahaha

88I7Dab.jpg

Original Post
http://playstation20.eu.playstation.com/en_GB/20yearsofcharacters
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe is using Mega Man's Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U official render. Also, the more I'm looking, the more I'm finding some crazy things (three Leon images, really? Also, where's the Demon's Souls love?). But no, isn't this kind of dangerous?

Tripon

It has to be intentional, all the designs around him are years old, but Mega man is the only current render from the past year.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yeah, mistakes happen when you throw countless characters onto one page. Chie looks too cute (like as if they attempted for cuteness) and teddies picture is general teddie from persona 4 arena (which makes no sense in the context of arena) yet is tagged persona 4. Theres other weird stuff too.

DJIzana

I'm no lawyer but definitely seems like some infringing on copyright. Maybe Capcom has the final call with something like that and they gave the go ahead?

Still... that precise design, that was done by either Nintendo or Bandai Namco, no?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
megaman beside my waifu kween yuna

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The scale of the characters is bothering me. I'm pretty sure Big Daddy's aren't THAT big, for example.

Also weird clone characters, like the multiple Leon's from Resident Evil.

It looks a little sloppy, so I guess the Mega Man thing doesn't really surprise me.

pantsmith

I'm no lawyer but definitely seems like some infringing on copyright. Maybe Capcom has the final call with something like that and they gave the go ahead?

Still... that precise design, that was done by either Nintendo or Bandai Namco, no?

Yes, clearly he is the only third party characer in that image of well over a hundred characters.

Ugh with Big Daddy taking the most space while other more PS centric characters barely get any screen space (like Ratchet)

even the colossus in the back is smaller -_-

They should have used Volnutt, because other than the Mega Man Legends series, the Mega Man Playstation exclusives (at the time) were generally some of the worst of their respective series.

Amir0x

Banned
this is some random ass selections

they got the escape plan guys in there lol

Of course they insult the true Lara Croft with the modern abomination front and center, and the real Lara Croft from the actual Tomb Raider series that doesn't blow is a tiny blip in the background.
even more sad considering Microsoft just ganked that shitty modern Tomb Raider series from PlayStation, so not so central anymore >:p

DJIzana

Yes, clearly he is the only third party characer in that image of well over a hundred characters.

Sorry, I was referring to Mega Man specifically. As far as I know, there would normally come with rights to being able to use a particular model of a character for promotional material. Maybe I'm wrong though. Just sayin'.

sappyday

Why in the hell is Snake all the way in the back while Sam B, Watch Dogs guy, guy you play in Far Cry 3, and Delsin Rowe all in the front and more prominent.

That's the true crime here.

Top Bottom