• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEJ PS3 Demo Promotion

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
http://www.jp.playstation.com/info/release/nr_20081202_ps3campaign.html

Saw this posted elsewhere, but basically the short version is:

From 12/18, if you buy a PS3 system you can get a free demo disc while supplies last. You have a choice between a red or white version.

RED:
Naruto - Demo
Winning Eleven 2009 - Demo
The Last Guy - Demo
Gundam Musou 2 - Video
LittleBigPlanet - Video
AQUANAUT’S HOLIDAY - Video
AFRIKA - Video

WHITE:
Biohazard 5 - Demo
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Demo
Metal Gear Online - Demo
Senjou no Valkyria - Demo
Ryu ga Gotoku 3 - Video
Demon’s Souls - Video
White Knight Chronicles - Video
Resistance 2 - Video

So, there's the RE5 JPN demo... wonder if it'll be on PSN too...

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Hopefully the Red version also comes with a .45 and a single bullet to put through your fucking brain.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SnakeXs said:
Hopefully the Red version also comes with a .45 and a single bullet to put through your fucking brain.

It's the "kid's version." All of those games are rated CERO A, which is similar to E for everyone.

Grayman

Kagari said:
It's the "kid's version." All of those games are rated CERO A, which is similar to E for everyone.
red = kids, white = adults. it doesn't matter but that does seem backwards.

androvsky

Grayman said:
red = kids, white = adults. it doesn't matter but that does seem backwards.

Well, when you consider in Asia (especially China, but Japan to a lesser extent) red is the color of life and power (appropriate wedding color), while white is the color of death (appropriate funeral color), it makes sense in a bit of a morbid way.

Yama

Defuser said:
The question is whether cvxfreak will get it.
I'm sure he will along with a few of us. Regardless, I'll add it to my somewhat hefty BH-related import list for the upcoming month/s. I'm assuming it'll be the downloadable demo on a Blu-ray, but I'll let you know if there are any differences.

I don't think I remember a Biohazard title releasing with more SKU's than this one, my gosh. Then again this is the first original multiplatform release, but still... Negative $500 from the get-go? This hurts. :lol

Grayman

androvsky said:
Well, when you consider in Asia (especially China, but Japan to a lesser extent) red is the color of life and power (appropriate wedding color), while white is the color of death (appropriate funeral color), it makes sense in a bit of a morbid way.
That makes perfect sense. It is the canadian point of view that doesn't matter for this product where it seems "backwards"

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Cero D for Biohazard.

My concern is that there will be censoring of the JP version and beheadings will be removed.

US/Asian version here i come .

though - it seems if you get the US versions of games on PS3 they are still sensored on the PS3 which is a bit of a pisher (though save games seem to unlock : see Resistance)

klee123

Holy shit at the White demo disc, besides minors, who the fuck would want the red version?

I suppose Gundam Musou 2 and Naruto may pull in a few anime fans, but I suspect the majority of PS3 owners would just go for the white disc.

Grayman

DCharlie said:
Cero D for Biohazard.

My concern is that there will be censoring of the JP version and beheadings will be removed.

though - it seems if you get the US versions of games on PS3 they are still sensored on the PS3 which is a bit of a pisher (though save games seem to unlock : see Resistance)
I've seen people mention that system region = content locking.

Yama

DCharlie said:
Actually, this time around the beheadings cease to exist on either end. Neither region will have them IIRC. Takeuchi spoke about the horror elements in an interview and wanted to avoid anything simply grotesque. I know, beheadings have been a tradition since the first moments of Biohazard '96... but sadly it is his decision now.

Troidal

Man, demo disc to lure consumers?

Whatever happened to free offerings on PSN? Geez, like someone said, it's so 1999.

lupinko

DCharlie said:
Cero D for Biohazard.

Nope not anymore, only other US version that got censored was Uncharted but the trophy patch fixes that (but with the return of blood and the addition of trophies, your NTSCJ save games won't work anymore).

Resistance 2 NTSCU/C isn't censored on NTSCJ hardware either, and R2 is Cero D this time around, Resistance FOM was only CERO C last time.

takotchi

Maybe they'll slip the RE5 demo into the Degeneration Blu-ray after all. That comes out 12/30 in the US. It would be nice...

Troidal

They got the colors the other way around...

WHITE = Innocence (child)

RED = Blood (adults)

I'll prolly scour auction sites to score these discs...

Shapingo

Troidal said:
They got the colors the other way around...

WHITE = Innocence (child)

RED = Blood (adults)

I'll prolly scour auction sites to score these discs...

Not in Asia though, Red and Gold are the colors of prosperity. White is the color of death/morbidity.

Zoc

Red and white are the colours of the Japanese flag, and you often see them together, formally and informally. When baseball teams play practice games, for ex., the two sides are always called red and white.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
We're discussing the importance of demo disc colours? Seriously!?

Top Bottom